Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I am pretty big into fashion. I don't wear designer clothing everyday and I don't buy shoes that cost more than my car. But I always dress my very best and appreciate when other men do the same.

Designer merchandise, brand names and labels aren't everything. Personal style is more important- matching your wardrobe to your personality.

Don't get me wrong, I love the male body- clothed or unclothed. But I find a well dressed man to be the sexiest thing ever.

Anyone agree?

Robert

tingting

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I like to dress well when i can too.... it gives you a boost when everyone looks at you like your ready for life

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I could not agree more that style has nothing to do with the current fashion. I tend to buy undated classic because it suits me. I'm never in fashion or out of fashion really. I have been told I have a great sense of style in how I dress. I have to confess I like the fabrics and details of the more expensive garments. I can justify the purchase in that I wear them for many years and the quality of workmanship of most better clothing holds up.
I have something I call the Cost Per Wear or CPW. If you spend $1000.00 on something and wear it 500 times it's $2.00 per wear. I have a jacket that I bought in London 20 years ago and I get just as many compliments when I wear it now as I did when it was new.

nowayzomg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I like thinking about what I wear too, I usually don't really wear whatever is in style much though. I really like guys who aren't necessarily following trends, but just really pull off whatever they're wearing. Some people wear really nice clothes but it doesn't look good on them.

rob_

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I like thinking about what I wear too, I usually don't really wear whatever is in style much though. I really like guys who aren't necessarily following trends, but just really pull off whatever they're wearing. Some people wear really nice clothes but it doesn't look good on them.

That's true. Some people just wear expensive clothes to be in your face about it. It's not about looking good, it's about looking expensive.

Honestly, sometimes I splurge on designer clothing but then sometimes I shop at thrift stores. The most important thing is to wear the clothes and not let them wear you.

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Not so into fashion and trends. I do know what I like. Lately, I have pretty much simplified my wardrobe. Fabrics are cotten, linen or wool. Colors are black, blue, grey and beige, dress in monotone with tone on tone variations. No labels or insignia or any outward sort of labelling. The quality though has to be very good.

rob_

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Not so into fashion and trends. I do know what I like. Lately, I have pretty much simplified my wardrobe. Fabrics are cotten, linen or wool. Colors are black, blue, grey and beige, dress in monotone with tone on tone variations. No labels or insignia or any outward sort of labelling. The quality though has to be very good.

Sounds like you wardrobe is very simple and classy.
Neutral colours and monochromatics are in for fall and winter. Nice choice.

ZipidyDodaa

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I couldn't have said it better about you wearing the clothes vs. letting them wear you. I must confess, nearly every single piece of clothing in my wardrobe is from some designer label. I don't really follow the trends, I wear what I like and mix and match things. I have guys stop me in public and ask me about my clothes. I have to admit that my biggest weakness, however, is shoes. I have well over 100 pairs, from sneakers to high end brands (none that cost more than my car... I don't think they make them that expensive anyway). Regardless of what I put on, I put a lot of thought into it as to not look overdone.

So, what people inspire you guy's style? I have to say I'm liking the David Beckham look right now... as well as Victoria! ;)

rob_

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I couldn't have said it better about you wearing the clothes vs. letting them wear you. I must confess, nearly every single piece of clothing in my wardrobe is from some designer label. I don't really follow the trends, I wear what I like and mix and match things. I have guys stop me in public and ask me about my clothes. I have to admit that my biggest weakness, however, is shoes. I have well over 100 pairs, from sneakers to high end brands (none that cost more than my car... I don't think they make them that expensive anyway). Regardless of what I put on, I put a lot of thought into it as to not look overdone.

So, what people inspire you guy's style? I have to say I'm liking the David Beckham look right now... as well as Victoria! ;)

Lucky you. My car was $300, so they definitely make shoes that cost more than my baby. I have been getting into shoes lately, but I'm only slowly progressing into places like Aldo.

Up until last year, I bought all my clothes and shoes at places like walmart. So I've stepped up now that I have all name brand and at least some designer labels in my closet.

I don't really know whose style inspires me. I like very clean looks with lots of edge. I hate to say it, but I like the way Zac Efron dresses most times. But maybe with a touch of Adam Lambert.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Um,

I think the clothes should fit the personality of the person wearing them. I am not attracted to fashion victims or people who are overly concerned about their outward appearances....men and women. Mind you this is coming from a guy who wears Carhart pants and shops at REI for fashion accessories.

For me clothes should be functional and comfortable first. If the color looks good on you and the fit is flattering that's a bonus! lol