Fashionistas of LPSG... do you feel me right now?

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
I am having the best fun following the Milan SS 2012 meanswear shows, the live feeds have been hit and miss but those I've seen I've loved, it really does look like minimalism is back in and colour is dead, which is my nirvana frankly.

The exceptoin was D&G today, the live feed was so late it was no longer live, and on my blog I described it in these terms
Seriously, what the holy fucking shit was that? A bunch of shapeless sacks made out of old Versace scarves and some denim (I could have made those garments, and I can’t sew) and those fucking hats?!?!?!?!?!?
If it weren’t for the models that show would have been worthless.
Alexander McQueen looks great (I'm looking at the stills on NOWFASHION right now) Z Zegna was great, I loved Costume National and Jil Sander, Iceberg, Bottega Veneta, Pringle of Scotland, Neil Barret, Moncler Gamme Bleue and even Gucci (FFS!) were all incredible.

Cannot wait for the rest of the week, Ann Demeulemeester, Dries Van Noten, Kriss Van Assche, Givenchy, Hermes, Raf Simons, Lanvin and Acne all still to go and all (if I'm indentifying the trends correctly) will completely delight my colour hating minimalist, tailoring obsessed eye. :biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

Last edited:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Urgh, I should have known the habituees of Etc would find fashion too frivolous for their attentions, I'll tow this to somewhere else :p

Last edited:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You are right I did like that better, but I have old Hermes, Eskandar, Malo, Calvin Klein and some other odds and ends in my closet already that I like just as well or better. I can justify almost any purchase when it comes to clothing or shoes but it has to be around for a few years.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Damn I gave you all a link to this summer's show, I meant to give you Spring Summer 2012, not sure how that happened, anyway you can check out next summer's looks for Versace here- NOWFASHION | 20 Jun 2011 - Versace - Menswear - Spring Summer 2012 - Milan

I think you'll prefer this Nudey :D

This collection has much more for NudeYorker, for sure, but much less for me than the first link, unfortunately :tongue:

I really like the slim, tight tailoring shown in the first link better. Except for the (pretty silly) high-water inseams (which really only works with boots, IMO), that leaner cut would flatter me much more; I'm afraid I'd get lost in all those pleats and the draping.

I could definitely wear 90% of the first link, where 90% of the second would end up wearing me, I fear :wink:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
This collection has much more for NudeYorker, for sure, but much less for me than the first link, unfortunately :tongue:

I really like the slim, tight tailoring shown in the first link better. Except for the (pretty silly) high-water inseams (which really only works with boots, IMO), that leaner cut would flatter me much more; I'm afraid I'd get lost in all those pleats and the draping.

I could definitely wear 90% of the first link, where 90% of the second would end up wearing me, I fear :wink:

You, YOU, would look devastating in a potato sack you coruscatingly beautiful example of manhood you! :kiss:

If you want a happy medium (between tailoring and softer edges) and to see what I think I could wear, indeed what I think anyone could wear and feel amazing, then I recommend Z Zegna NOWFASHION | 20 Jun 2011 - Z Zegna - Menswear - Spring Summer 0 - Milan

and one of my favourites (this season) Iceberg- NOWFASHION | 20 Jun 2011 - Iceberg - Menswear - Spring Summer 2012 - Milan

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You, YOU, would look devastating in a potato sack you coruscatingly beautiful example of manhood you! :kiss:

If you want a happy medium (between tailoring and softer edges) and to see what I think I could wear, indeed what I think anyone could wear and feel amazing, then I recommend Z Zegna NOWFASHION | 20 Jun 2011 - Z Zegna - Menswear - Spring Summer 0 - Milan

and one of my favourites (this season) Iceberg- NOWFASHION | 20 Jun 2011 - Iceberg - Menswear - Spring Summer 2012 - Milan

1) At least a potato sack would allow me to show off my still-legendary gams;

2) I learned a new word today: coruscate: :redface:

3) I used to **love** Zegna; in the 80s I had two of their suits and an overcoat. Only Armani was better represented in my closet for smart career wear. But the palates shown, especially at first, were kinda...shall we say...not me. The mustards and butterscotches would suit me much better than that periwinkle, which turns my complexion bluey-green when worn. And that bell-hop jacket is a cruel joke, non?

4) In total agreement about Iceberg; I could rock everything there. The cuts were flattering, trim and elegant, the textures were soft and looked ultracomfy and the palates were sublime. I also really, really (really) liked the bearded models. They looked like regular guys elevated to near perfection: masculine without being matey :biggrin1:

Now all I need's about $20,000 :tongue:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
1) At least a potato sack would allow me to show off my still-legendary gams;

2) I learned a new word today: coruscate: :redface:

3) I used to **love** Zegna; in the 80s I had two of their suits and an overcoat. Only Armani was better represented in my closet for smart career wear. But the palates shown, especially at first, were kinda...shall we say...not me. The mustards and butterscotches would suit me much better than that periwinkle, which turns my complexion bluey-green when worn. And that bell-hop jacket is a cruel joke, non?

4) In total agreement about Iceberg; I could rock everything there. The cuts were flattering, trim and elegant, the textures were soft and looked ultracomfy and the palates were sublime. I also really, really (really) liked the bearded models. They looked like regular guys elevated to near perfection: masculine without being matey :biggrin1:

Now all I need's about $20,000 :tongue:

Ah what as shame about periwinkle! It's such a lovely colour.

Well never mind I've found the perfect evening wear collection for you - NOWFASHION | 18 Jun 2011 - Neil Barrett - Menswear - Spring Summer 2012 - Milan
Some of the deconstructed houndstooth and twill prints and the tailoring are so sharp they could cut you. I think you look amazing it most of the collection.

Meanwhile I'll be rocking Bottega Veneta- NOWFASHION | 19 Jun 2011 - Bottega Veneta - Menswear - Spring Summer 2012 - Milan I would literally sell my entire family into slavery for most of the pieces in this collection. :biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

Or Costume National (same applies) http://nowfashion.com/18-06-2011-costume-national-menswear-spring-summer-2012-milan-show-396.html

Mind you I say that now, Hermes hasn't shown yet :p

Last edited:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ah what as shame about periwinkle! It's such a lovely colour.

Well never mind I've found the perfect evening wear collection for you - NOWFASHION | 18 Jun 2011 - Neil Barrett - Menswear - Spring Summer 2012 - Milan
Some of the deconstructed houndstooth and twill prints and the tailoring are so sharp they could cut you. I think you look amazing it most of the collection.

Meanwhile I'll be rocking Bottega Veneta- NOWFASHION | 19 Jun 2011 - Bottega Veneta - Menswear - Spring Summer 2012 - Milan I would literally sell my entire family into slavery for most of the pieces in this collection. :biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

Or Costume National (same applies) NOWFASHION | 18 Jun 2011 - Costume National - Menswear - Spring Summer 2012 - Milan

Mind you I say that now, Hermes hasn't shown yet :p

You completely pegged me on the first collection; the footgear alone got me swooning, the tailoring is immaculate and the palate is me. The only things I couldn't wear (without being completely victimized) are the oversized prints: I'd look like a demented elf :tongue:

The second collection, while stunning, is scaled for a much taller man than UB; I'd get completely lost in all those buckles and straps. But the second third of the collection --all those "suits" with zippered jackets-- I could wear without looking outlandish.

I'm running a tad behind and will need to get in the shower for work, as I'll check out the third collection either tomorrow or tonight when I get home (if I can form any coherent thoughts :redface:).

I saw this on The Daily Beast and instantly thought of you :biggrin1:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I watched the Costume International collection: wow...wow.

I fucking own red. No one wears red as convincingly as me. I fucking flag red (left, natch) with knee-highs and an armband (to say nothing of briefs): I was entranced.

Buy me some (much)? :biggrin1:

Damn!

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
I know I'm Newagemale and I'm trying hard, but I just don't get this.......

What's not to get? It's ready to wear not bizarre haute couture, I mean it's stuff like wearable knitwear, summer suits, light seperates, stuff people wear every day. :smile:

I fucking own red. No one wears red as convincingly as me. I fucking flag red (left, natch) with knee-highs and an armband (to say nothing of briefs): I was entranced.

Damn!

I agree with you completely about Bottega Veneta, it is designed for tall chaps. I'm delighted you enjoyed Neil Barret, I thought you'd appreciate the footwear!

CoSTUME NATIONAL is thus far my favourite collection, and the red flashes in it are just spectacular, I love how they're mostly on the crimson end of the red scale rather than the scarlet, more orangey than purple-ish. Much easier to wear. The cuts are exquisite, especially the pants. I must say that Milan has shown lots of monochromatic looks so far, and achres of tone and black and white, but if there were a colour to pick out for next summer it would be blue, loads of houses showed mostly blue or almost completely blue collections. Which in my opinion only makes CoSTUME NATIONAL's show even more interesting for having bucked that trend.

Guess what? Ennio Capasa, CN's head designer and founder is an old friend of mine I met in Rome years ago, so lets head down to Milan and prevail upon him to sort us out with some of the choicests pieces and consort with the cast of the show :biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

Last edited:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media

Damn!

Actually, if you like red, you might appreciate the Gucci collection, it was incredibly tasteful for once and there were one or two lovely red pieces and accents amid the somewhat less tacky than usual blazers and suits - NOWFASHION | 20 Jun 2011 - Gucci - Menswear - Spring Summer 2012 - Milan

Oh and the shoes were beautiful too, surprisingly.

And bonus one of my favourite models Lenz Von Johnston opened the show. :wink:

Last edited:

D_Ivana_Bhig-Dicke

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
H&M - Fashion

Not about the 2012 spring/summer collections but definitely deserves some mention and I figure here would be as good a place as any.

Versace available at a price that most of the general public can afford. You got to hand it to H&M, their collaborations are always something special (except for Roberto Cavalli IMO).

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
H&M - Fashion

Not about the 2012 spring/summer collections but definitely deserves some mention and I figure here would be as good a place as any.

Versace available at a price that most of the general public can afford. You got to hand it to H&M, their collaborations are always something special (except for Roberto Cavalli IMO).

I love that H&M/Versace collection! You're so right, it definitely deserves a mention, and it is incredibly affordable. I was looking at the campaign yesters on tumblr, plus sexy. :smile:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm delighted you enjoyed Neil Barret, I thought you'd appreciate the footwear!

I would want every boot and sandal in both black and that lush green: I'd wear them to death!

I have big, square feet: those exquisite skinny shoes shown elsewhere, though undeniably Italian, just don't fit my Hobbit/Fred Flintstone feet :tongue:

CoSTUME NATIONAL is thus far my favourite collection, and the red flashes in it are just spectacular, I love how they're mostly on the crimson end of the red scale rather than the scarlet, more orangey than purple-ish. Much easier to wear. The cuts are exquisite, especially the pants. I must say that Milan has shown lots of monochromatic looks so far, and achres of tone and black and white, but if there were a colour to pick out for next summer it would be blue, loads of houses showed mostly blue or almost completely blue collections. Which in my opinion only makes CoSTUME NATIONAL's show even more interesting for having bucked that trend.

Guess what? Ennio Capasa, CN's head designer and founder is an old friend of mine I met in Rome years ago, so lets head down to Milan and prevail upon him to sort us out with some of the choicests pieces and consort with the cast of the show :biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

Unless they're very green, blues just make my pallor turn sickly: very Lily Munster. The only blues I can wear are cadet and navy (see what I wrote about periwinkle above), and then not often.

Ennio sounds like a fab friend to have, and I've never been to Italy. What a blast!

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Actually, if you like red, you might appreciate the Gucci collection, it was incredibly tasteful for once and there were one or two lovely red pieces and accents amid the somewhat less tacky than usual blazers and suits - NOWFASHION | 20 Jun 2011 - Gucci - Menswear - Spring Summer 2012 - Milan

Oh and the shoes were beautiful too, surprisingly.

The plaid just hurts my eyes, and who in their right mind could wear that shiny sharkskin/whateverthefuckitis? It's probably for the best that Gucci's not my thing, because I found 90% of it to be fugly and unwearable: I know it's absurdly expensive.

Those white-soled shoes are cute, though.

Last edited: