Fast Food

B_625girth

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
not all Americans eat fast food. it is not cheaper than buying food, preparing it and cooking it for your own meals. it is also a sure way to a short life. personally, all the burger places taste the same to me. I eat fast food once a week...maybe.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In my experience fast food is more available in the US than in other countries but I've seen plenty of Japanese lined up at McDonalds in Tokyo. For the most part I grew up eating fresh homemade food. I think it depends entirely how you were raised in terms of your eating habits.
I used to love a Big Mac and fries once or twice a year but after I saw "Supersize Me" I have not been back.

D

deleted3782

I'm with ya kerstin. Fast food is heavy on fat, salt and sugar. I can do better.

concupisys

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
fast food is a by-product of the modern world.... just like emissions from cars, the harsh chemicals we breathe and expose to our skin, the pharmaceuticals we ingest to combat ailments: these are all things that any modern western civilization has now embedded in its nature, however un-natural they may seem....

i see things like fast food like an immunization for some of the world's ailments.... you don't need very much of it, but eating foods that are laden with chemicals, fat and salt every so often can train the body to metabolize it efficiently and without any long-term effects.... but just like anything, if you eat too much fast food, you're likely to succumb to the ailments that long term exposure and consumption of these products can bring to the body.... it's like over-consuming a drug, drinking too much coffee, or even eating too many carrots... as long as everything is consumed in moderation - and that's a relative thing - then people shouldn't have any problems....

and to all the city dwellers who live with air purifiers, water filtration systems, and a 100% organic diet: MOVE TO THE FREAKIN' COUNTRY! your bodies are not equipped to handle the city and it will ultimately make you very sick....

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
why are Americans eat so much Fast Food?

They (Americans) says that it is much cheaper as regular food - can you proof?
I'm the exception to the fast food stereotype.

Almost everything that I eat is homemade vegetarian that I prepare. Just about every night I make a fresh, gourmet salad with garlic vinegarette along with some kind of bean or lentil dish. Whole grain rice, tortillas, and pasta only; no white flour, white pasta, or white rice. No sugar. For lunch, I bring homemade vegetable soup every day. I don't get sleepy after lunch like my coworkers. The closest that I get to fast food is the local taco shop down the street. Even so, all their stuff is homemade. Eating right pays off as you get older. :smile:

concupisys

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
sdbg: your body might be benefiting from eating right, but it sounds like your journey to a healthy body is doing your head in.... you do realize that when you die, you can't take it with you.... right?

concupisys

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
as an afterthought to my last comment:

when i die, i want the coroner to take a good look at my corpse and think: "wow... this guy experienced a shit-load with his body.... he must have had a wild life".... i don't want them to think: "wow... not a scratch on him or a hair out of place.... did this man ever leave the house?"

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
^ You will find as time flies by that the natural aging process takes care of adding the scratches and messing up your hair. Eating right just helps you feel better and hopefully live longer without the glut of health problems eating badly may cause.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
sdbg: your body might be benefiting from eating right, but it sounds like your journey to a healthy body is doing your head in.... you do realize that when you die, you can't take it with you.... right?
For sure. I like to cook. It's a hobby, an art form, and a necessity. I've worked in grocery stores and restaurants when I was younger and have learned a lot about food and nutrition. I can make healthy food that tastes really good and is easy on the budget.

NudeYorker's comment was right on the money: "You will find as time flies by that the natural aging process takes care of adding the scratches and messing up your hair. Eating right just helps you feel better and hopefully live longer without the glut of health problems eating badly may cause."

I just turned 59 in April. I never get headaches. It's very rare that I get sick. I'm into cycling and glad that I can still do what I can do - 30, 40, or 50 mile rides. My landlord is 53 and looks like he's 10 years older than me. He's feeble and frail, and always has aches and pains. I once heard someone say that there's no substitute for good health. I've been into exercise, healthy eating, and a balanced lifestyle since my 20s. I haven't given anything up. I could care less about the things that I don't eat. I'll go out for Pizza every now and then and enjoy some wine or beer on occasion, but on an everyday basis, I respect my body and treat it right. My goal is to live to be 100. So far, it's working!

D

deleted3782

Its a choice people make to take care, or not. Its kinda like taking care of a car...you can either treat it well for the long term...take it in for oil changes, tune ups, etc...or you can run it at 100 miles an hour till the engine freezes up. Both can be fun, interesting and exciting...but much different paths.

As folks get older...they tend to rethink younger aspirations of creating a beat-up corpse and instead try to switch gears to increase the care of their bodies. That's only logical.

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I don;t think fast food is cheaper.

I think it's faster and easier.

You don't hafta cook it, you don't even hafta get out of your car.

Since most Americans don't have enough hours in the day it makes sense a lot of them would eat fast food.

I hardly eat fast food, or even at regular restaurants.

So I don't know.:biggrin1:

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I do not eat fast food. I try to have an organic diet.

Buying fresh fruits and veggies is very expensive. There was a time in my life that I lived off of Ramen noodles and cheese sandwichs due to lack of money. I never ate McDonalds and such because I did not like preprocessed and pattied meat.

I would imagine that if you had $10 to spend to some it would seem cheaper to eat fastfood instead of buying food.

Last edited by a moderator:

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I never, EVER eat fast food. In fact, I rarely eat out because I like my own cooking better.

I do, however, eat pre-made vegetarian salads, usually from Trader Joe's. Totally addicted to them.