fast Random pulsing sensations in lower region

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Ianrmcarthur, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Ianrmcarthur

Ianrmcarthur New Member

Hello, recently i've been having these almost vibration like symptoms coming in my genital area. They happen nearly every minute of the day, and occur by themselves.. I've gone to the walk in clinic, and i was told it's probably anxiety, but it has been continuing, and has been going on for 2 weeks now...
    Each vibration only lasts about 1-2 seconds, but they occur frequently... It feels like it mainly consists inside at the base of the penis and around the entire penile artery.. Does anyone have any sort of clue what this could be?
    I'm actually very frightened by this..

2. endofsummer

endofsummer New Member

Had the same problem. Tried talking to doctors 3 times and they seemed embarrassed or uncertain what to do. I concluded on my own that it was an infection in the prostate. I started taking Oregamax capsules from Purity products, No I am not selling anything. It takes at least 30 days to saturate your tissues at 3 morning / 3 at night but now no "fluttering" sensation and I don't ever get sick with colds or flu either. If you have a rash it too can clear up. I also taught myself to have dry orgasms and my prostate immediately shrunk. GOOD LUCK!

3. indeed

indeed Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Its happened to me b4 dude, a few times. But not that many times and for that long period of time. I dont worry bout it personally, just wank it to help and see if it goes away, plus dont think about it if possible. Doubt its medical it hardly causes major probs does it, it better bloody not be anyway aint got time to srt smething like that out, haha! Na seriously though its fine, proabablt just a spasm of the pc muscle or something or maybe like when your leg shakes coz you are on pushing on a certain nerve. Chill man, ya never know could end up a party trick in the bedroom if we ever learn to control it. Human vibrator, wooohooooo

Indeed

4. indeed

indeed Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Hmm prostate problem you think, not sure bout that, wouldnt it cause other problems too?? Either of you experienceing any other sympotms down there, coz i aint, and it happens to me on occasion

5. Ianrmcarthur

Ianrmcarthur New Member

Infection of the prostate hmm well i just turned 19, i figured that stuff usually happens to males over the age of 30 at least... I just feel like it's something more.. something worse like an STD.. I've never been tested for STD's and am going to shortly, but i was just hoping it would be a simple as a nerve problem.. ( because that's what it feels like).. Anyways it happens every 20 seconds and it's annoying as hell, so much that i cant even get to sleep ( hence why i'm on here at 12:30 am when i have school at 8 am) How can you say it is a prostate infection without adequate proof? I just don't want to spend $50, waste 30 days to find out it was something else, which could turn worse.. Any suggestions?

6. STYLYUNG

STYLYUNG New Member

Ian, see if your condition is covered at WEB MD. Otherwise spend some money and see a good urologist.

7. Ianrmcarthur

Ianrmcarthur New Member

Health Care is free here in Canada :smile:

8. indeed

indeed Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Well i bin for all sorts of tests now on English Health Service and im clear of absolutely everything, tho they say could be something to do with a narrow urithra. But they suggested doing nothing and certainly not worrying about it. apparently 1 in 20 guys has this at some point in they're life and it gets much worse with over thinking it. Read up bits on net too, and they say same thing. Some guys reporting it going away completely just from not thinking about it. Does it happen when you erect??

9. B_wolfgolden76

B_wolfgolden76 New Member

God I wish I lived in CANADA

LOVE CANADA

10. glen

glen New Member

Hi Ian - I've experienced this periodically. I don't know what causes it, but it doesn't happen often, so its never been a problem. I find that it may happen a few times, then not for months. It certainly is a strange feeling.
    Good luck - I'd also like to know what causes it (possibly stress related?)

11. endofsummer

endofsummer New Member

The infection is not sexually transmitted. It can be caused by something as simple as a common cold virus. Those viruses can live dormant in your blood for many years and only recur when you are overly tired, eating poorly and as men age (obviously not your problem at 19). Good Luck!

12. baseball99

baseball99 New Member

Saying its a prostate infection is like the worse advice ever and can not be determined by a short paragraph of symptoms. Giing medical advice like that will pretty much get you sued. Anyways, could it be prostate? At 19, I mean, doesnt sound very likely at all. Are you immunocompromised in any way? Do you have unprotected anal sex? Any history of kidney infections?
    The fact tha t is only occurs in your penis can lead one to believe its localized. Are you stretching or using your penis vigorously? Thats why im so against enlargement.....nerves dont stretch that much and once you tear one the likelihood of it going back to normal is near impossible. Could also bc some STD.....some are vascular meaning they infect blood vessels and could be causing a little bit of a spasm, however, I think there is a major psychological aspect to this and your brain is causing some of it. Would be a good idea to see a urologist but dont expect a 100% definitive diagnosis

13. endofsummer

endofsummer New Member

baseball99, by all means, SUE me. Maybe then you'll learn the difference between practicing medicine and real life experience. I have experienced this problem. I wasted 10 years seeking advise from doctors with no solutions. I found a solution that works for me. I REALLY like your solutions!!! You have never experienced this problem and don't have a clue. If your other 553 comments are like this one here you could do LPSG members the courtesy of at least thinking before posting a comment.

14. baseball99

baseball99 New Member

wow chill out dude.....great you found a solution to your problem. Maybe you were an uncommon presentation of something but remember comon things happen commonly. And its very rare for a 19 yo to have prostatic infection

15. endofsummer

endofsummer New Member

baseball99 "Are you immunocompromised in any way? Do you have unprotected anal sex? Any history of kidney infections? Are you stretching or using your penis vigorously? Could also bc some STD.....some are vascular meaning they infect blood vessels and could be causing a little bit of a spasm, however, I think there is a major psychological aspect to this and your brain is causing some of it. Would be a good idea to see a urologist but dont expect a 100% definitive diagnosis" ---baseball554. Yeah, that's really a lot of help.

16. Dalt

Dalt Member

Albums:
    OK, I'll throw my two cents worth into the fray:

There could be something happening with a nerve elsewhere in your body. The same thing happens to me occasionally, which is the result of pinched nerves in my neck after a bad car accident in January 2005. (I got hit broadside in my door by a 17 yr old girl speeding and running a red light in her mom's Yukon while talking to her boyfriend on her cell phone. It was a violent wreck, which totaled a Grand Cherokee I'd had only two days, as well as the mom's big Yukon.)

Evidently the nerves which were pinched then occasionally send impulses of either slight burning pain or a "shocking" sensation (like you've touched a live wire or plug socket in your house) to various parts of my body. I get the random pain and shocking in my left arm and hand, my left leg and foot, and a slight vibrating--like a cell phone vibrating, but not as obvious as that--at the base of my dick. When that happens, my dick sometimes will do a voluntary retraction up, but not always. It is a momentary thing which rarely happens now, but was more frequent shortly after the wreck.

If you've had stress or trauma in your neck or back, it could be a something from a nerve there. Like others have said, you should go to a doctor to get it checked out...and don't be afraid of talking to a doctor about it--they see and hear it all, and are professionals who you can trust (or should be!). I've had tests run and everything is ok with my damaged nerves, but it certainly disconcerting if you don't know what's going on.

17. baseball99

baseball99 New Member

Actually i wasnt clear in that original post. The first sentence was in regards to you. The rest was in regards to the OP. Those are questions his urologist or GP should ask and he should be prepared to answer. They were supposed to be rhetorical questions, not for him to answer on the board. It was clear in my head of the intention. My apologies

Are you immunocompromised? If someone is immunocompromised it could theoretically increase the likelihood of getting a prostate infection if the person is in an age group where those infections are not common.

Do you have unprotected anal sex? Homosexual or heterosexual unprotected anal sex sets men up to get UTI's.

History of kidney infections? Someone with recurrent pyelonephritis potentially has a structural abnormality called vesicoureteral reflux meaning the valves going into the bladder are incompetent and urine goes backwards and can damage the kidneys.

STD? SOME STDs are asymptomatic in men or produce symptoms men ignore. Any burning, pressure, pain, or tenderness in penis or testicles needs to be checked out for STDs if sexually active. Syphilis is an STD making a major comeback that doesnt cause pain but can cause some discomfort

Psychological aspect? Men can make themselves impotent with anxiety, etc. Many people also can bring on symptoms, pain etc just from thinking about it

Again my questions werent directed at you, or to be answered in the forum. People have PM'd me questions about various things and while I dont give medical advice I do tell them alot of the questions the doctor will ask so they are prepared. The more information you can give to a doctor the more likely you will get a correct diagnosis. Something around 85% of all diagnoses are made from the history another 10% from phsyical exam and the last 5% from lab tests.....I was just helpin the kid out

18. Glansman

Glansman New Member

Prostate problems are generally thought to be associated with the elderly. This is NOT true. In fact it is now - in Europe - the number One male cancer killer.
    I r eally don;t want to go into the topic at length here, but every man - certainly anybody over 25 - would be well advised to have a prostate check every year. It takes only a couple of minutes and isn't THAT unpleasant. If caught in the early stages there is usually no difficulty in dealing with the matter.
    Should you be diagnosed, get a second opinion before any procedure. The two main methods are by invasive surgery or "blasting". Although it's less pleasant, invasive is often regarded as the better. If the problem recurs it can be dealt with. On the other hand, if it's been blasted and reappears, I am told it is then not possible to go for the invasive.
    I am NOT a doctor. I am merely passing on advice given to me by two men who have been through this unpleasant business - one of whom wrote about it at length.
    Just get "the finger thing" done....and feel more secure.

19. baseball99

baseball99 New Member

I disagree. It is unnecessary to employ preventative screening methods in 25 year old men and you may in fact do more harm than good and lead to extraneous tests, stress, and procedures.

This is from the prostate cancer foundation, which uses pretty up to date statistics

Screening for most cancers is also recommended at a certain age (if indicated) or 10 years younger than the age the relative developed cancer. If your family has a history or prostate cancer at age 35 then yes you could start being checked. Also, I'm skeptical that prostate cancer is the most common cancer killer in europe.....lung cancer kills far more, even if more men have prostate cancer. Many men die with prostate cancer and not from prostate cancer. I'm a big advocate for prostate cancer screening and I dont think it gets enough attention or funding but it needs to be applied appropriately and with fact. Just to make sure, i quickly looked up cancer in UK on this website. Cancer Research UK : UK cancer mortality statistics for common cancers
    although I'm not sure its 100% reliable, the statistics look common to US.

20. theflyingh

theflyingh New Member

This sort of complaint is more common than you think and before worrying too much about it, I'd reassure yourself that the nervous system is a very complex one - much like a bunch of electrical wiring. It is not unusual for some "static" to appear, much like one would experience a facial tic for no reason. So it's very probable that there is no real cause and that it will go away by itself. There is a possibility that it could be caused by something that's stimulating the nervous system at that particular area. This could include muscle strain (have you strained your groin, rode a bike recently?) and infection (including STDs). More rarely it could be explained by a spinal cause - but to be so localised would be uncommon.

As long as you cant recall any spinal problem or injury I wouldn't worry too much about that particular possible cause.

To reassure yourself I'd go and see your doctor, explain your symptoms and get an STD screen. To be a prostate infection would be uncommon at your age group, but STDs can sometimes cause prostatitis; which seeing as you're not really experiencing pain is unlikely.

All in all, I really wouldnt worry about this - go to a Dr to reassure yourself, but I'm pretty sure that the symptoms will subside of their own accord.

Are you experiencing any other symptoms? Are you experiencing any loss of sexual/urinary function?

Draft saved Draft deleted