fast Random pulsing sensations in lower region

endofsummer

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"I was just helpin the kid out" No, you are not. Your questions are DANGEROUS and set up anyone that listens, to discuss your questions instead of the problem. You contradict yourself: "Anyways, could it be prostate? At 19, I mean, doesnt sound very likely at all.
"Are you immunocompromised? If someone is immunocompromised it could theoretically increase the likelihood of getting a prostate infection if the person is in an age group where those infections are not common."
"Are you immunocompromised?" - totally unrelated to the problem.
"Do you have unprotected anal sex?" - totally unrelated to the problem.
"History of kidney infections?" - totally unrelated to the problem.
"STD?" - totally unrelated to the problem.
"Psychological aspect?" - totally unrelated to the problem.
No capable doctor is going to ask those questions relating to this problem. It does prove you have filled out a lot of medical forms in YOUR life.

endofsummer

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"Actually all of those questions I'd expect any capable doctor to ask" In my 10 years speaking to very capable and qualified doctors about this exact problem none of those questions were ever asked other than on some routine form. But PLEASE list a doctor here that has a diagnosis and a treatment plan for the problem described.

theflyingh

Just Browsing
Media
Canberra (Australian Capital Territory, Australia)
Well I can categorically say that we are trained to ask such questions, and if you weren't asked by the "embarrassed" doctors that saw you, perhaps you were seeing the wrong people! I would be dubious of any doctor who appeared embarrassed no matter what the problem. Though the aetiology of this complaint is no probably idiopathic (no real cause) and will go away by itself, it is necessary to rule out any underlying cause, hence why such questions are necessary.

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"I was just helpin the kid out" No, you are not. Your questions are DANGEROUS and set up anyone that listens, to discuss your questions instead of the problem. You contradict yourself: "Anyways, could it be prostate? At 19, I mean, doesnt sound very likely at all.
"Are you immunocompromised? If someone is immunocompromised it could theoretically increase the likelihood of getting a prostate infection if the person is in an age group where those infections are not common."
"Are you immunocompromised?" - totally unrelated to the problem.
"Do you have unprotected anal sex?" - totally unrelated to the problem.
"History of kidney infections?" - totally unrelated to the problem.
"STD?" - totally unrelated to the problem.
"Psychological aspect?" - totally unrelated to the problem.
No capable doctor is going to ask those questions relating to this problem. It does prove you have filled out a lot of medical forms in YOUR life.

EVERY single one of those questions is important and relevant. Why? Again because 80% of all diagnoses are made on HISTORY alone. HISTORY=QUESTIONS. Asking questions is what leads you in a specific direction. The fact that you believe all those questions are totally unrelated to the problem demonstrates your lack of medical knowledge. In fact, all medical students now have to take a clinical skills exam that basically is all set up around patient encounter and history taking bc of how important it is. I'm sorry but you are blatantly wrong

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well I can categorically say that we are trained to ask such questions, and if you weren't asked by the "embarrassed" doctors that saw you, perhaps you were seeing the wrong people! I would be dubious of any doctor who appeared embarrassed no matter what the problem. Though the aetiology of this complaint is no probably idiopathic (no real cause) and will go away by itself, it is necessary to rule out any underlying cause, hence why such questions are necessary.

The joys of medical school.....on a side note I heard they added a listening component to Step 1.....that seems pretty stupid to me. Just FYI be careful about bringing medical information to this forum bc apparently everyone who hasn't gone to medical school already knows more than doctors or student doctors and already know what questions should and shouldnt be asked since they already know the diagnosis bc something similar occurred with them

Lets not point out that benign and malignant things can occur with similar symptoms

Varicocele onset young - usually benign
Varicocele onset middle - late age - concern for renal cell carcinoma

Headache throughout day - migraine
Headache that starts same time every morning - concern for brain cancer

Wheezing in young person without high sexual risk - asthma
wheezing in young person with high sexual risk - maybe PCP pneumonia

Women with right upper quadrant pain - maybe cholecystitis vs maybe Fitz-Hugh-Curtiss syndrome due to an STD

Man with slight "dribbling" after he urinates.....further question can very easily lead you to a possible diagnosis of std

lets not mention that every single one of those can be figured out with appropriate questions and not cause unecessary tests, stress or pain for a patient when not indicated

but again, what do we know theflyingh.....we already went to medical school

Ummagumma

Experimental Member
Media
Just wanted to say that baseball99, in his 500+ posts here, has given some of the most useful, consistent advice lpsg has ever seen. I really don't understand why he was being taken to task here... :confused:

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well said baseball! As is the way in practice, non-compliance is always an issue....and then there's the "Google" factor...

ah yes the infamous "google" or "webmd" factor......forgot that 4 years of medical school, 3-5 years of residency, 1-3 years of fellowship can be done away with bc of webmd and everyone can diagnose themselves.....anyways, i didnt realize you were from australia when i mentioned Step 1 exam....if you ever want to practice in the US then you'll have to take that exam and i dont know what the australian equivalent exam is

I want endofsummer to tell me how he will diagnose and treat a patient who comes in complaining of "headache" without asking questions

Peter Pud

1st Like
Media
If health care is free in Canada get your nuts in and get them checked. This is your most prized possestion you are asking about. SEE a urologist. Becareful with the web MD sites you do not know if they really are docs or not

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm happy sticking with the Aussie system, just for now! Is it just me or is self-diagnosed prostatitis all the rage here! That said, this is the net, I could be a 68 y.o female interior designer who just happens to have read the BMJ ABC guide to men's urology!

its bc people hear one thing, something happened to a friend, they saw it on the news or read some random thing on the internet about it and now they feel they can diagnose it. Or better yet, if you had that problem people will tend to diagnose it in everyone with similar symptoms, discounting andy other symptoms or signs present.

prostatitis, although possible, is extremely rare in a 19 year old guy....i dont care if someone is that 1 person who has had it.....its still rare. People dont realize how little they know until they truly study a subject. As a second year medical student I knew "everything" until i was thrown on the wards. As a 4th year you know "everything" until you're thrown into residency.....most people have no concept how truly complex medicine is and how truly skilled doctors are and how long it takes to develop those skills

And then you will have the people who argue everything with crappy sources claiming outrageous things.....It's funny that we live in a society that DEMANDS the best medical care and technology yet people are so willing to jump ship on outrageous claims of alternative medicines/herbs that havent been studied at all.....

endofsummer

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
baseball99/theflyingh You are two frauds. You are not a doctor and you are not a medical student. What you do here is irresponsible, unethical and dangerous. Any questions to be asked should be asked by the attending physician and not you. theflyingh, your definition of idiopathic is incorrect. Even a first year medical student would not make that mistake. Go fetch a bed pan!!

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
baseball99/theflyingh You are two frauds. You are not a doctor and you are not a medical student. What you do here is irresponsible, unethical and dangerous. Any questions to be asked should be asked by the attending physician and not you. theflyingh, your definition of idiopathic is incorrect. Even a first year medical student would not make that mistake. Go fetch a bed pan!!

Wow.....so much judgement from someone who knows neither of us. You obviously dont know anything about medical school training if you think all questions should be asked by the attending physician.

And endofsummer, medicine sometimes uses terminology different from the real meaning. Idiopathic in medicine DOES mean unknown cause. For example the most common form of hypertension is "essential" aka "idiopathic" hypertension bc know solid cause is identified

after i typed all that i looked it up in wikipedia anyways
Idiopathic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
proves you wrong

All I have done here (and seems theflyingh will do also) is bring up questions people should be aware of that their doctors may or may not ask. I have been asked to explain how certain procedures are done, side effects of thigns etc. A few people have asked direct medical advice and I respectfully decline and always tell them they should follow up with their PMD. You dont have to think I'm a doctor, med student, or whatever. It truly does not matter to me......the only people it truly matters to are me, the patients, and the loan companies so they get paid back.....

cheers

ps - i/we will call you out with your dangerous, unethical and irresponsible medical claims and opinions.....hmmmm

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
'nuff said! For a moment there I was questioning my understanding of idiopathic...phew...crisis averted.

i think he was confusing idiopathic with iatrogenic.....happy to hear your crisis was averted

hey i meant to ask you, how are the volunteer opportunities in australia.....i'd love to do a mission down there if possible

endofsummer

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
All that med. school training you (baseball99) and your alter ego (theflyingh) claim to have and you still had to look up idiopathic in Wikipedia??? YOU ARE FRAUDS. thefly stated incorrectly,"no real cause" (#23) and your failure to correct him then and now shows your incompetence. You are a clever writer of fiction and creator of characters but you are still a DANGEROUS psychopath.

"Though the aetiology of this complaint is no probably idiopathic (no real cause) and will go away by itself" - theflyingh

theflyingh

Just Browsing
Media
Canberra (Australian Capital Territory, Australia)
Gday endofsummer,

It's all semantics, but for challenged individuals who needed it to be spelled out I should have thrown the word 'no "known" real cause.' Please accept my apologies. Baseball and I have nothing to prove, so I will leave this particular debate up to public opinion. I have no interest in quarreling over what you believe I am nor do I care what you think. I would ask that in the future you avail yourself of the best evidence before recommending some seriously shoddy treatment, even though I'd hope that anyone of sane mind would take your recommendation as dubious at best.

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
All that med. school training you (baseball99) and your alter ego (theflyingh) claim to have and you still had to look up idiopathic in Wikipedia??? YOU ARE FRAUDS. thefly stated incorrectly,"no real cause" (#23) and your failure to correct him then and now shows your incompetence. You are a clever writer of fiction and creator of characters but you are still a DANGEROUS psychopath.

"Though the aetiology of this complaint is no probably idiopathic (no real cause) and will go away by itself" - theflyingh

No i didnt have to look idiopathic up. I looked it up for you so you could see a reliable source for the definition.....also the Ignorance Dictionary didnt have the meaning. I didnt correct no real cause bc it was obvious to me he meant "no known cause". And anyways, theflyingh and i are not the same person.....its just another medical perspective which i am finally happy to have on this board to cut down on the bullshit.....If i'm incompetent be according to you i didnt correct the misuse of a word.....what does that make you for publicizing and making claims of a product that is useless? I believe the word for that is quack? Oh wait wrong defintion bc youd have to be a doctor to be a quack