Fat burning targeted areas

Youngnhung22

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
hey guys,

I'm on the leaner side looking to build muscle but I naturally store fat in my thigh/lovehandle region. I wanted to work on reducing body fat in these areas first before building more because I have a smaller frame and when bulking I look out of proportion, my lower body starts becoming larger then my upperbody. Any tips on combatting this problem?

sangheili90

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You can't spot reduce specific areas for body fat loss, as your fat distribution is mostly a result of your genetics and overall body frame. Your natural muscular proportions also cannot be changed or altered to any specific degree, unless of course you totally neglect certain body parts for a very long time.

So, what you have really isn't a problem. Eat a good diet, get into a good exercise regimen for your goals and sleep properly.

Reactions: Flexxx and Galloper

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
spot reducing is as far as I have read basically impossible but we can make asthetic changes via lifting. (and how we dress) also as your question is not about changing how one specific muscle group appears I think you actually can alter your 'upper body to lower body ratio' if I understand you right, you'd like your legs to not overpower your upper body so much si this right?