Fat to Healthy!

D_Quartered Pounder

Just Browsing
Media
Hey LPSG :smile:,

So I'm not sure if this is already a thread but figure I'd make it anyways just incase. I've been trying to lose weight since November or December and what a crazy journey its been! I started at ~200lbs and today I'm sitting at ~155lb. Its been a combination of dieting and some heavy weight training :biggrin1:.

Anyways I've always read some of the success stories and it really kept me motivated so I guess thats what the purpose of this thread will be! :cool:

So, to anyone who wants to lose weight or who is currently in the battle feel free to post up and talk about some positives negatives. What works for you and what doesn't! Pretty much just anything about weight loss and being healthy/fit!

If your waiting to lose weight, get off your bum and do some pushups!

So cmon everyone lets get fat to healthy :wink:!

airc3

Sexy Member
Media
I lost 85 lbs. Went from about 270 to 185. People say it must have been so hard -- it really wasn't. Like you said, just move your ass a bit and stop eating so much. I'd like to lose another 20 or so lbs, but no matter what I do I am still in the 183-187 range.

And as to that myth that fat loss makes your dick bigger: it didn't for me :(

D_Quartered Pounder

Just Browsing
Media
Congratulations! :clap:

Thanks :), it wasnt too hard of work, mostly just dedication and keeping at it.

I lost 85 lbs. Went from about 270 to 185. People say it must have been so hard -- it really wasn't. Like you said, just move your ass a bit and stop eating so much. I'd like to lose another 20 or so lbs, but no matter what I do I am still in the 183-187 range.

And as to that myth that fat loss makes your dick bigger: it didn't for me :(

Wow 85lbs huh, thats great! Good job man keep it up. So you said your stuck in the 183-187 range, what have you been doing lately? Maybe its time to change up your routine to get those last pounds of. Maybe cutting back on diet or new routine.

As to the dick bigger thing, I might be able to say I got maybe half an inch but I'm not too too sure :).

Keep up the posts guys :)

Last edited:

ggsitc

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I agree that it isn't that hard in terms of the actual work required. I started back in late 2007 sitting at around 200 lbs and started working out with mostly dumbbells and minding what I ate. I didn't get crazy about counting calories or macros or whatever, just ate "sanely" if that makes sense. Net result is I am down about 25 lbs overall, sitting currently at about 175 lbs, but there was more fat loss than 25 lbs because I built up some muscle. (pic below of me in a square-cut like swim suit I bought myself for this summer to celebrate).

What I thought was the craziest comment from folks as I was losing weight was "Have you lost weight?" (duh) I'd say, "Yes." Invariably the next question was "On purpose?" Uh, no, I have a vague, unspeakable disease. :tongue: I mean, really. The other comments that would get me would be the folks who'd ask the "have you lost weight" question and I'd say yes and then they'd ask,"What's your secret?" I'd tell them: "I've been working out and watching what I eat." Almost invariably the response to that would be a wrinkled nose and "Oh, I couldn't do that!" Everyone wants a magic pill. This takes a lifestyle change and that is what scares off 99% of the people who want to lose weight.

A coworker once observed that "all diets work," and they do. It's the subsequent lifestyle change to keep the weight off that is the hard part.

Congrats to those who have lost the weight and to those who have been thinking about it: do it! It's never too late to start. I started at age 43! :arms:

Attachments

D_Perry_A_Dontist

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've also lost weight - went from 240 to 200 since March. At 6'2" I'm getting pretty close to where I'd ideally like to be.

The best part: the full inch of noticeable length I've gained on my cock! fuck yeah!

airc3

Sexy Member
Media
Yup, I have the exact same conversation with people. "HOW did you do it?" "What's your secret?" Um, I stopped eating so much and started exercising. The response? "Oh, I don't have the TIME for that!" Really? I did. MAKE time.

The other comments that would get me would be the folks who'd ask the "have you lost weight" question and I'd say yes and then they'd ask,"What's your secret?" I'd tell them: "I've been working out and watching what I eat." Almost invariably the response to that would be a wrinkled nose and "Oh, I couldn't do that!" Everyone wants a magic pill. This takes a lifestyle change and that is what scares off 99% of the people who want to lose weight.

ggsitc

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Yup, I have the exact same conversation with people. "HOW did you do it?" "What's your secret?" Um, I stopped eating so much and started exercising. The response? "Oh, I don't have the TIME for that!" Really? I did. MAKE time.

Indeed. They have the time to sit on their arses in front of the telly doing nothing but stuffing their faces with junk food, but can't find the time to work out. :rolleyes:

D_Quartered Pounder

Just Browsing
Media
Great to see this thread is still moving! :biggrin1:

I agree that it isn't that hard in terms of the actual work required. I started back in late 2007 sitting at around 200 lbs and started working out with mostly dumbbells and minding what I ate. I didn't get crazy about counting calories or macros or whatever, just ate "sanely" if that makes sense. Net result is I am down about 25 lbs overall, sitting currently at about 175 lbs, but there was more fat loss than 25 lbs because I built up some muscle. (pic below of me in a square-cut like swim suit I bought myself for this summer to celebrate).

25lbs is definitely alot, and I can tell by the picture your getting very lean! Time to build the muscle :wink:. Anyways great job on the progress man keep it up! Keep posting up if you hit a wall or just need some extra motivation, its always great to talk about how much we've all lost!

I've also lost weight - went from 240 to 200 since March. At 6'2" I'm getting pretty close to where I'd ideally like to be.

The best part: the full inch of noticeable length I've gained on my cock! fuck yeah!

40 lbs!!!! wow... thats great dude! What I'm most jealous of is the inch though! Uhhh why couldnt mine grow an inch when I lost some weight :p. Anyways yeah I'm pretty sure at 200 6'2 its healthy in the BMI calculator, correct me if I'm wrong though. But Great job so far keep it up!

I haven't gotten to see too many people yet since I've lost the weight, but usually my response will be something along the lines of "Oh really?!? I guess the shakeweight and the sketchers shape ups really have been helping! Thanks!" But all kidding aside, its up to the person themselves if they want to lose the weight, I know if you have a really full schedule it can be hard, but 20-30m of exercise is not that much!

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

me?! not at all :tongue:, just a kid who likes to lift things and talk about our success with the rest of the crowd!

Keep the posts up guys, Ill try to keep up as much as I can :biggrin1:

Serial Kisser

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Indeed. They have the time to sit on their arses in front of the telly doing nothing but stuffing their faces with junk food, but can't find the time to work out. :rolleyes:

Not for nothing, but sometimes there are other factors and it's more than just a matter of counting calories and exercising. Some people have thyroid problems or hormonal imbalances that make it more difficult even with activity and healthy eating.

D_Quartered Pounder

Just Browsing
Media
Not for nothing, but sometimes there are other factors and it's more than just a matter of counting calories and exercising. Some people have thyroid problems or hormonal imbalances that make it more difficult even with activity and healthy eating.

Very true SK, either way its a battle and a half to try to lose weight! It is pretty easy counting calories and stuff like that so I couldn't imagine what it would be like with thyroid problems or a hormonal imbalance, I'm sure that just makes it even harder to see the difference in the scale. Hopefully if they keep it consistent they see SOME loss. I haven't run into anyone that actually has had thyroid or hormonal imbalances so its a new thing to me.

ggsitc

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
25lbs is definitely alot, and I can tell by the picture your getting very lean! Time to build the muscle :wink:.

I hear you. I know 25 lbs isn't a lot compared to the guys who have shed a lot more weight. I'm just under 6 ft so even where I am now is pretty decent, but I do have the lingering fat around the middle that has been pretty stubborn. The first 10-15 lbs dropped quickly and almost like magic. The next 10 went a lot more slowly and then it kind of stopped there. But in there I was also building some muscle so it's kind of hard to say I lost a specific amount of fat. I would venture that I probably lost 30 lbs or so of fat and added 5 lbs of muscle, conservatively speaking.

And I am still definitely trying to build the muscle, but that's one drawback to being 40+, the muscle building goes a LOT more slowly than for a younger guy. But, I am not giving up!

ggsitc

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

I understand that completely. I am referring to the ones that are just lazy and constantly make excuses as to why they can't drop some weight.

D_Quartered Pounder

Just Browsing
Media
I hear you. I know 25 lbs isn't a lot compared to the guys who have shed a lot more weight. I'm just under 6 ft so even where I am now is pretty decent, but I do have the lingering fat around the middle that has been pretty stubborn. The first 10-15 lbs dropped quickly and almost like magic. The next 10 went a lot more slowly and then it kind of stopped there. But in there I was also building some muscle so it's kind of hard to say I lost a specific amount of fat. I would venture that I probably lost 30 lbs or so of fat and added 5 lbs of muscle, conservatively speaking.

And I am still definitely trying to build the muscle, but that's one drawback to being 40+, the muscle building goes a LOT more slowly than for a younger guy. But, I am not giving up!

Hey 25lbs is a good bit of weight no matter how you look at it, imagine having the 25 weight on you all day.... thats what you were at before hahahaha. I'd say the same too in my loss, I think I lost like 10-15lbs in the first month of my dieting, then the rest just kinda slowly slowly came off. Its all about keeping it consistent and making sure you dont miss a day, I feel horrible when I take a day off, feel like a lazy bastard hahaha.

Good to hear your trying to build the muscle though, have you been using the freeweights or sticking with machines? Its great to hear you have such dedication!

Serial Kisser

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Very true SK, either way its a battle and a half to try to lose weight! It is pretty easy counting calories and stuff like that so I couldn't imagine what it would be like with thyroid problems or a hormonal imbalance, I'm sure that just makes it even harder to see the difference in the scale. Hopefully if they keep it consistent they see SOME loss. I haven't run into anyone that actually has had thyroid or hormonal imbalances so its a new thing to me.

Hi. I'm SK. I have a thyroid problem and hormonal imbalance.

ggsitc

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Its all about keeping it consistent and making sure you dont miss a day, I feel horrible when I take a day off, feel like a lazy bastard hahaha.

Good to hear your trying to build the muscle though, have you been using the freeweights or sticking with machines?

I am definitely with you about missing a day in the workouts! I don't like that at all. Most weeks I work out five days. I have been using free weights almost exclusively. I have a small collection of them at home with a cheap bench ... that's my gym! If I had to go to a gym every day I don't think I would have been as successful. With the equipment at home, there's no excuses.

D_Quartered Pounder

Just Browsing
Media
I am definitely with you about missing a day in the workouts! I don't like that at all. Most weeks I work out five days. I have been using free weights almost exclusively. I have a small collection of them at home with a cheap bench ... that's my gym! If I had to go to a gym every day I don't think I would have been as successful. With the equipment at home, there's no excuses.

Ah good good, sounds like you have a great routine going. I actually dont go to the gym, havent had enough cash and I have a small small gym at home where I can bench and do freeweights.

I feel like this thread is good motivation to keep me going and it might give everyone else a push! :biggrin1:

Keep it up everyone!

Last edited: