Father jailed for taking on drug dealer

edonline

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Father jailed for taking on drug dealer - Telegraph

Father jailed for taking on drug dealer

A father was jailed for storming into a drug dealer's home and flushing his heroin stash down the toilet

By Sarah Knapton

Last Updated: 1:33AM GMT 17 Feb 2009

Peter Drummond, 26, took matters into his own hands when he barged into the home of John Nellies and berated him for dealing to his brother who was hooked on the drug.

He then snatched five bags of heroin and flushed them away.

But he was reported by one of Nellies' customers and jailed for two months after admitting breaching the peace.

Outside court, family friend Thomas Brown said: "Jailing him for what he did is ridiculous. It is a ludicrous decision and even the lawyer was shaking his head.

"Heroin is killing the community and I know for a fact that it has been tearing Peter's family apart. He shouldn't have done what he did, but at the same time he was only trying to help his sister.

"Instead of sending him to jail he should be getting an award for trying to do his best to clean out the drug dealers. I think what happened today is outrageous."

Father-of-three Drummond, of Blairgowrie, Perthshire, said his family had been blighted by heroin. He burst into the dealer's house on Sunday.

"Over the last six or seven months my whole family has been in hell," Drummond said. "My brother-in-law is on smack and he is getting it from the people there.

"It was a spur-of-the-moment thing. I shouldn't have done it but these people are ruining my family by supplying heroin."

But Sheriff Robert McCreadie, sitting at Perth Sheriff Court, ignored pleas for mercy.

"If you were concerned about matters you should contact the police, not enter a house and threaten to kill someone," he said, "You can't take matters into your own hands the way you did."

Amber1

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Can't believe they jailed him....should have given him a fuckin medal!!

I wonder what this country is cummin to sometimes!! Actually I think it was Scotland...well Britain then whatever!!!

The law is an ASSSSS!!!!! :frown1:

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Amber, can't you see the spelling cops are out and about. I guess I got off with just a warning.:rolleyes: