Father Pfleger the Crusader

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Only fox is covering this...story is buried in the rush to coronate Obama.

Very true. Last night it was the first topic on the primetime fox shows, but it was really nowhere to be found on the others. Anderson Coop covered it but after a LENGTHY segment on the whole mcclellan book shit.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
When does it become a political meetingplace and therefore lose its tax exemptions?
I wonder that too.
I didn't know "liberation theology" was here in the USA. I thought it was predominantly a South/Central American phenomenon. Interesting none the less.
It's definitely being kept alive at Obama's Church. Fox did a whole segment on liberation theology because Hannity had an old interview with Rev. Wright where he defended himself by trying to explain liberation theology. It was an interesting segment on the theology. I have one question for Obama...After twenty years at Trinity, Do you believe in and practice Rev. Wright's and Father Pfleger's brand of Liberaton Theology?

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Only fox is covering this...

They're the only ones covering it because they are "right" leaning. When will you guys get it? Obama isn't liable for what other people say =) Now, if Obama said these things, there would be a story. Heck, Obama hasn't even been back to that church since his divorce from Wright and this latest video is from a couple of days ago.

Keep trying.... Obama will be crowned very soon (if he hasn't already). Rational people understand that Obama does not share these views; there is a complete BODY OF WORK throughout Obama's life to support this notion.

Fox doesn't want Obama in office anyway - they won't get interviews and will never have the lead story. In affect, their ratings will be dropping very soon.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well if obama doesn't share the beliefs of a lot of what these two guys have said then he is not in touch with reality and black people. Is that what your saying?

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Other cable stations are now running the story, but its pretty clear that Obama isn't being vilified for it. For once, they're holding the person who said it accountable.

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well if obama doesn't share the beliefs of a lot of what these two guys have said then he is not in touch with reality and black people. Is that what your saying?

Dude...lol. Obama's spiritual beliefs have nothing to do with the political angst the 2 pastors have been unleashing. If ANYONE could find ANY statement Obama has made in 45 yrs that could even be viewed as aligned with their ideology, we'd have heard about it by now. This is proof positive that Obama just does not share those views.

I realize it pains you that nothing is sticking to Obama, but you need to start dealing with it. Next thing we're going to hear is that in 1979, Obama took a ride in taxi to somewhere in south Chicago. When investigated further, it turns out the taxi driver was a Muslim! OMG!!! /gasp

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You don't see what I am saying because apparently you have me labeled as anti-obama. I am anti-obama when it comes to his bullshit dream rhetoric. But if obama is down with these guys then I am down with him because If obama is the real fucking deal he HAS to believe some of what they are preaching because IT IS THE FUCKING TRUTH. If you don't think he agrees with any of what reverend wright said then you shouldn't vote for him because that means he is a spineless egghead and doesn't know shit about being a poor black man in a white man's society.

Like I have said in many a thread over the last few months; reverend wright, and now pfleger the crusader, are the only real things to me that give obama any type of real credit. Thank god for these two guys because if not for them nothing about obama is appealing to me.

It is the spineless obamamaniacs, who sit there and try to tell me he doesn't share any of these beliefs with his preachers, who make me sick. If he doesn't then he doesn't deserve to be president and if you really don't think he doesn't share those similar values then you shouldn't vote for him because you don't have a fucking clue about what he is really about. Let the revolution begin. Wright/Pfleger taking over watch out!

If phleger got it right then how come obama doesn't agree with him in your eyes? If reverend wright has got it right then if obama doesn't agree then he is wrong! Proof positive he doesn't share those beliefs, c'mon son WAKE THE FUCK UP!!! IF OBAMA WAS THE REAL DEAL HE WOULD SHARE MOST OF THOSE BELIEFS. IF YOU WERE A REAL OBAMA FAN YOU WOULD ADMIT HE SHARES THOSE BELIEFS.

Last edited:

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Few politicians in this era of all knowing Big Brother can carry off being Harry Truman, let alone trying to be themselves. The whole all seeing Unsleeping Eye watches people in politics. The further up you are on the ladder, the more transparent your walls are, the the more cameras are in your face.

It isn't street cred Obama is looking for but his ability to say "this is wrong". I think if Obama wanted to add a vast amount of street cred to his campaign, he ought to invite Robin Williams or Lewis Black to speak on his behalf.

It would be fun, but it won't happen. These days, all folks play safe.

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm starting to understand that your brain can't process certain things. Let me break it down for you this way:

You don't see what I am saying because apparently you have me labeled as anti-obama. If obama is the real fucking deal he HAS to believe some of what they are preaching because IT IS THE FUCKING TRUTH. If you don't think he agrees with any of what reverend wright said then you shouldn't vote for him because that means he is a spineless egghead and doesn't know shit about being a poor black man in a white man's society.

I don't care if you like Obama or not. Obama is aligned with them spiritually. He wouldn't be a member of the church otherwise. Thats the common thread in a church; a share of beliefs. Beliefs are also described as a faith in something. A political viewpoint is neither a belief nor a faith, its an ideology. Obama is not with them ideologically speaking. My episcopalian priest is a republican; I'm a democrat, yet I still go to his church because we share "belief" or "faith" in the same things.

Like I have said in many a thread over the last few months; reverend wright, and now pfleger the crusader, are the only real things to me that give obama any type of real credit.

Obama and his policies are what should be building his credit with you, not out-of-the-mainstream commentary from people that do not share in Obama's ideology.

It is the spineless obamamaniacs who sit there and try to tell me he doesn't share any of these beliefs with his preachers who make me sick.

Why do all Billary supporters sound like poor sports? I said he does not share in their ideology. I'm sure they are quite well aligned spiritually, however.

If he doesn't then he doesn't deserve to be president and if you really don't think he doesn't share those similar values then you shouldn't vote for him because you don't have a fucking clue about what he is really about.

Unlike you, I've read Obama's books, I've seen him in person and have volunteered for his campaign in my hometown. I can tell you unequivocally that I know who is and what he stands for. You on the other hand, get your viewpoint from Fox News because of their "fair and balanced" sound bite brand of journalism.

Let the revolution begin. Wright/Pfleger taking over watch out!

If this is your last hope, all hope is lost for Hillary.

Proof positive he doesn't share those beliefs, WAKE THE FUCK UP!!!

I didn't say that. He does share in their beliefs, just not in their ideology.

Please post again... you are too easy to marginalize. You must be one of those "Under 50, white, hardworking without secondary education" demographic that Hillary keeps waving around as her constituency. Good grief... lol

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Stop getting so fucking defensive man typical of obamafanatics. Why do you keep bringing up hillary and billary? This has nothing to do with them. I am not sure why you are attacking me, for once (well twice, I gave him some props when the wright tapes came out) I am giving your boy some credit. Do you think I am being sarcastic or something regarding this? Do you think I am trying to point out something negative about your boy? Because I am not, I am glad that he has some connections to these guys and has known them for many years because I am a REAL cat who is in touch with REAL people in the struggle, and they all agree with me on most of the views these guys have. But yet this has somehow turned into me being brain washed by fox and being an anti obama supremely sour hillary supporter.

If you felt like digging up some old threads when the first wright tape came out you would see my views before I saw shit on fox. Didn't that book you said that I didn't read but yet I have in my hand right now mention the great reverend wright? If you read the book like you said you did you would have seen this entire ordeal coming long before it began in the media.

Bottom line, any man in their right mind would agree with a lot of the beliefs held by wright and phleger, and I hope obama would too. Like I said, if he doesn't, he is a coward and not in touch with real man. How do you really know he doesn't share in any of their ideology, because he said so? Because he didn't mention it in his book? If he did it would be political suicide and we all know that.

And what is so wrong with their ideology to begin with, seriously? Black people who I associate with on the street level all love what his preachers had to say, as well as I. To try and act like obama doesn't got love for them either is to be blind.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Stop getting so fucking defensive man typical of obamafanatics. Why do you keep bringing up hillary and billary? This has nothing to do with them. I am not sure why you are attacking me, for once well twice, I gave him some props when the wright tapes came out...

Oh no you didn't. This is what you said, consistently I might add, when the Wright tapes came out::rolleyes:

It is over for Barack. Anyone who doesn't realize that is still mesmerized.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ok, I said it was over. Then read on to what I said in the thread. I HAVE SAID NUMEROUS TIMES THAT IT GAVE HIM STREET CRED IN MY BOOK. LOOK HOW MANY POSTS I HAVE THAT END IN SUPPORT OR REVEREND WRIGHT '08. I said it was over for Barack because I knew white people would not be able to deal with it and that is still yet to be disproved. Read on.

Of all my comments in that thread, why did you choose to only quote that one comment of mine? You fucking spin-doctor. Here are some other quotes from that thread by me (the first one coming BEFORE the line you quoted me on):

Yeah I just saw a clip. Even though I can't really say I disagree with what the guy was saying, this is bad for barack and will make people second guess him or themselves. Those were some bad images for his campaign. That minister was keeping it real though.

I'm watching barack speaking about it on anderson cooper, and he is blinking like a mad man. I am not even listening to what he is saying, I am just watching his eyes. In regards to body language, which sometimes is a better indication of a man bullshitting, it is said when a man blinks at a higher pace he is usually lying or nervous. This said, I don't think it matters if he is lying about this or not. He said some good things in response to anderson's question (I watched some while actually listening to what he was saying).

This is how I view politicians when they speak, or whenever I am asked to make a judgment regarding whether a person is lying or not. This is from a random google search;

"The first thing to make clear is that body language and facial expressions are good indicators of when a person is lying but the indicators are not foolproof. These indicators only give you a 'heads up' that something is not quite right about what the person is saying.

To detect lying, watch for signs of stress in body language and facial expressions. When most normal people (not psychotic) are lying they show signs of stress in their posture, movements and facial expressions. However, their stress may not show up if the person really wishes the facts were as described or they can rationalize that their story really should be as described. But generally, lying people will act and move in slightly different stressful ways from when they are telling the truth. They also delay a few seconds longer when answering a question with an answer that is not truthful. Truthful answers come sooner then untrue answers.

Here is what to watch for when a person is lying to you when face-to-face: (Also make sure you don't do these things!)

Voice is higher pitched.
Untrue answers to questions are slightly delayed.
Body and face become stiffer.
Hand-to-face touching increased, especially nose rubbing and mouth covering.
Face and hands becomes a bit paler as blood is withheld from extremities. (A sign of high stress.)
Nostrils may open wider ('flare').
Breathing deeper and maybe audible.
Lips become thinner and tighter.
Shoulders pulled up and elbows pulled in to sides more. Body takes up less space.
Forehead tightens up a little in area between eye brows.
Eye contact breaks away from you and eyes may squint or close.
Heart rate increases.
Hand palms turned down or closed, and not revealed to you."

It is interesting to watch politicians facial/body languange instead of just listening to what they are saying; I never understand half the shit they are talking about anyway. I look at people when they speak like I am an FBI agent. On the steroid congressional roger clemens fiasco, I would scrutinize roger and mcnamee. Doesn't matter who is speaking. I think obama was bullshittin about not knowing what this guy was saying, but I don't think it matters that much. Like I said, that minister was keeping it real.

But overall it definitely is not good for barack, and probably exactly what Hillary was hoping for. Hillary is running through her building doing the kirk gibson fist pump.

Last edited: