Favorite animal

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What is your favorite animal or the coolest animal? My favorite animal is the great white shark. Cool fish.

D_Hairy Reed

Experimental Member
Media
1. The Royal Bengal Tiger. Amazing for sheer beauty, power and poise. It's really endangered now as stupid Chinese smugglers try to kill tigers for totally bogus Chinese medicine.

2. Penguins. Endlessly amusing in their movements.

3. Whales/dolphins, for their intelligence.

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
1. The Royal Bengal Tiger. Amazing for sheer beauty, power and poise. It's really endangered now as stupid Chinese smugglers try to kill tigers for totally bogus Chinese medicine.

2. Penguins. Endlessly amusing in their movements.

3. Whales/dolphins, for their intelligence.
Yes whale and dolphins cool animals.

AquaEyes11010

Expert Member
Media
New Brunswick (New Jersey, United States)
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hmm, I don't really have a favorite, but there are a few I find fascinating. I love exotic pets, so...

1) That little blond guy sitting on my head in my profile pic is Sammy, my male DYH amazon parrot (Amazona oratrix). I think amazon parrots are awesome, and they are my favorite genus of the whole parrot crew (large macaws come second). Sammy will be 17 in March and he still surprises me from time to time.

2) Fennec foxes (Vulpes zerda) have adapted to living in an extreme desert, yet have turned out to be one of the cutest things imaginable. They are so tiny (about four pounds when full grown), have HUGE ears, and big black eyes that stare right into yours when you play with them. I have wanted one as a pet for years, but while my house and situation would be perfect right now, one of my roommates is frightened of them. Oh, well.

3) Kinkajous (Potos flavus) are members of the racoon family but look sort of like a monkey or lemur, and are about the size of a house-cat. They have plush brown fur and a long prehensile tail, eat mostly fruit and are nocturnal. If I had the space (or just a spare room), I'd love to have one. They can live a long time, are not nearly as destructive as racoons, and are fascinating to keep. I just don't have the space now for a six-foot-cube cage.

4) Peafowl (Blue Pavo cristatus and Green P. muticus) have always caught my eye, especially some of the different colors and patterns bred for the blues. I even love the loud mating calls of the males. If anyone has been to a zoo in late spring (the Bronx Zoo has a bunch of them, especially at the Children's Zoo), that call can be heard frequently. I've always wanted to live with enough property to have some of these birds at liberty.

5) This one is going to sound weird next to the others, but I think Guinea Pigs (Cavia porcellus) are the best small pets. I had them as a kid, and they were so involved in what was going on, called me when they heard me coming home from school, and would always seek me out when I let them have the run of the room. Plus, they come in so many different colors and patterns and coat types now that it's hard NOT to want to take some home again.

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Horses. Smart. Different personalities.

Now if I could just keep my horses out of my power tools.........................

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
5) This one is going to sound weird next to the others, but I think Guinea Pigs (Cavia porcellus) are the best small pets. I had them as a kid, and they were so involved in what was going on, called me when they heard me coming home from school, and would always seek me out when I let them have the run of the room. Plus, they come in so many different colors and patterns and coat types now that it's hard NOT to want to take some home again.
Guinea's rock!
DSC04445.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
DSC04447.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
DSC03061.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Otters!

Alright, alright...

Dogs. Faithful, loving, devoted. They help the sick, rescue the stranded, herd our livestock, protect our homes and family, can see, smell, and hear what we cannot, help us hunt, and love to play. Truly noble creatures to whom man owes an enormous debt.

Boomer and Tweeter