Favorite Candidate from the Other Party?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by gcbenji0, Jan 8, 2008.

1. gcbenji0

gcbenji0 Member

Albums:
    What's your pary affiliation? Who do you support and if you had to choose a candidate from the other party who would it be?

i like barack obama, but i like hillary more.
    for republicans, i think i could live with mitt romney.

2. bek2335

bek2335 New Member

I think the Republicans are mostly an abomination these days. But if I had to choose one, I guess it would be Huckabee. I don't agree with pretty much anything he says or believes, but I think he is the most honest and sincere among the top Republican candidates.

3. JustAsking

Gold Member

Democrat here. I would be happy if Obama or Edwards got the nod.

As for the other party, I have to go with McCain. I was a little disappointed when he drifted hard right early on, but he is now back at "McCain Classic". As such, I believe he is a man of honor and integrity. I might also say that about Huckabee, but thats only from watching him as of recently.

As a Christian, I am very leery about anyone running on their religiosity.

4. mattbuddy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I am 100% Democrat and voting for Obama...since we all know he's going to win the democrat vote. If I had to vote for a Republican ...haha I would vote for Ron Paul because he seems so left from the rest of the Republicans...and he's the only one who wants to get our troops out...Ron Paul is odd though haha he won't get very far. Obama seems to be the best though for this country. :D

5. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

Hmmm. Pretty much exactly my views on Obama and Edwards, JA, though as a Canadian, I'll never be voting for any of them.
    I worry, however, about McCain's age. If he were only a decade younger.
    Huckabee does sound impressively honest, but his religiosity worries me.

6. whatireallywant

Gold Member

Democrat here. I'm a Kucinich supporter but he's not really in the running. Of the ones in the running I'd go with Obama.

Of the Republicans... I'd have to go with a toss up of Ron Paul on the war and Guiliani on social issues. Huckabee scares the living daylights out of me!

7. D_Roland_D_Hay

D_Roland_D_Hay Account Disabled

I am not excited about this election at all...I am registered as a republican, but will probably vote democrat. The republican party has become too Christian based for me. I haven't made up my mind totally, but will keep my eye on Hillary or John Edwards

8. eaglespga88

eaglespga88 New Member

Ron Paul..only one who after watching him speak you can honestly feel he isnt just cheesing it up for the camera. Romney, Guiliani, Obama, Hillary...all just a bunch of sleazeballs. None of them actually seem like their gonna do the country any good at all. Since paul most likely won't get the nod though, My vote will prolly go to McCain. As a military man I trust him as my boss more than anyone else. Seriously everyone who wants Hillary, you saw what her husband did to the military, do you REALLY trust it in her hands? If you do...I worry about our society. She is as equipped to lead our nations soldiers as some college hippie who thinks they have found all life's answers is. (and before every insecure poster after me tries to flame me, I am a college student myself, and am not calling every college kid a hippie. Be real, you know which ones I am talking about.)

9. Edison

Edison New Member

Democrat here but quite frankly just a little sick and tired of a Clinton or Bush in the whitehouse. We need someone fresh and a new direction for our country.

10. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    I best like the Republican candidate that loses.

Draft saved Draft deleted