Favorite Christmas fare

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
What is your favorite Christmas fare.
Here in the tropics, because it's just so hot we favor seafood.
Fresh king prawns, mud crabs., painted cray (tropical lobster).
All washed down with lots and lots of ice cold champagne.
Yummy!!!

Starter of ossetra caviar on toast points, shrimp cocktail, oysters on the halfshell, with cocktails.

Roast goose with sage and chestnut stuffing, sour cherry sauce, red cabbage, sweet potatoes, Harvard beets, glazed carrots, cinnamon buns, and Chateau Neuf de Pape.

Dessert of Baked Alaska with a fruit cup, OR Bananas Foster, and Champagne

Cheeseboard of unpasteurized French cheeses smuggled in from Canada with a selection of grapes, and a glass of port.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We start with Fried oysters and rich creamy oyster stew with Nutmeg cream and butter and fresh shallots. and all the little condiments to put on top. for breakfast

For dinner we usually have Smithfield Ham , Turkey laced with smoked bacon, creamy virginia peanut soup, Cornbread stuffing, or wild rice stuffing with giblets, fresh rolls . Sweet potato pudding, Fresh cooked kale or collards, Green bean casserole,macaroni and cheese, sweet potato pie , lemon coconut pie, cake cake and mo cake! Sparkling cider and tea or coffee.

I know I have forgotten something. but I will add when I remember it.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It all sounds devine!!
We don't have a culture of turkey at Christmas here in Australia.
We do have baked hams but up here it gets to 40 degrees and it's so humid
that time cooking in the kitchen is kept to a minimum.

Baked brie, Vermont sharp cheddar, Gallo dry salame, Abelour

Roasted lamb with rosemary, new potatoes, freshly baked pulla, green beans nicoise, Tikal "Amorio" 2002 Malbec, cranberry apple cobbler.

Add some home-made mint jelly and feel free to invite me :biggrin1:.

YourAvgGuy

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
hmmm... We (my wife and I) need to make our travel arrangements NOW so we can visit a bit, dine with you all and then crash for a while to allow for proper digestion - of course before we head out to the next feasting!!!

All sounds delicious!

canuck_pa

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Naughty,

I'd love your recipe for creamy peanut soup.

Our Christmas dinner is hasn't changed much since my family moved to Canada from England, 100 years ago. Before the food is brought to the table we crack open Christmas Crackers. Its not a food. Their little packages with little trinkets inside and an offal paper hat which we wear during dinner.

We have a simple traditional turkey dinner with tons of veg. And always a triffle which is an English desert that doesn't have one particular recipe.

Definitely not as exotic or lavish as some others posted but very welcome and familiar.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Sausage rolls, mince pies and about half a tonne of chocolate for breakfast (oh and satsumas - always satsumas on Christmas morning - I think my world would collapse otherwise)

Lunch starts with smoked salmon on black bread - main course is turkey (with bacon), glazed ham, roast potatoes, roast yam, roast parsnip, baked potatoes, sprouts, peas, 'tory' carrots, bread sauce, gravy, sage&onion stuffing, chestnut stuffing followed by trifle and Christmas pudding.

And I usually don't cook again til the 27th or 28th :biggrin:

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
My favorite Christmas fare is chocolate fudge with walnuts and danish butter cookies.

As for what we eat on Christmas, well, I said it in another thread, but we have traditional New Mexican foods on Christmas. These include posole, tamales, green chile stew, red chile, tortillas, calabacitas, Spanish rice and many other dishes that I can't think of right now. We also have a ham instead of a turkey.

Another thing we have that is traditional here in New Mexico for Christmas are bizcochitos, which are shortbread cookies flavored with anise and dipped in that heavenly combination of cinnamon and sugar. Those, and a couple of tamales are what we leave out for Santa.:biggrin: