Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I love fashion and shopping more than I should. let me start off by naming some of my favorite designers:

Tops
-Monarchy
-English Laundry
-Drifter
-Burberry (polos)
-Custo Barcelona

Pants/Jeans:
-DIESEL
-True Religion
-Rock & Republic
-Seven for All Mankind

your turn!

G4z

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Carharrt, Bench, G.Star. just what im wearing at the moment :p

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Clothing for me serve a necessary function in that certain garments needs must be worn for certain functions or particular occasions.

...couldn't care less about brand names.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I could care fuck all what name is on my clothes and I'm not a brand loyalist at all. If someone makes a good product, great, I'll buy it, but I'll judge each on a case by case basis. My favorite shirt is by Mondo di Marco, but it's the only article of clothing I own by them. I've got a Versace shirt I like too, but it's also the only article of clothing I own with that particular label.

[edit] incidentally, went shopping with a friend at the mall the other day... went into most of the trendy stores (abercrombie, american eagle, etc etc etc etc etc etc)... pretty much everything in all of them looked exactly the fucking same. Except with different animal logos.

bigmuscles_averagecock

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I like to mix European style with the Urban US look .... and I've been doing it long before Kanye came on the scene. So I like:

Armani Collezioni
Hugo Boss
Prada
Dolce & Gabbana
Lacoste

as well as:

Sean John
Nike - especially Air Force Ones
Timberland

scanjock8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Paul Smith
American Apparel
Lacoste

Levi's
G-Star
J.Crew

To Boot New York
Donald Pliner

G4z

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I'm such a label whore, as i live at home and i have no bills to pay, or food to buy or anything, i spend my wages on clothes! :D

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's all about quality and fit, I don't care what the brand is. If something fits well and is made of quality material, it looks expensive. Actually, I buy a lot of basic clothing at Costco, of all places. They have some nice department store brand names at great prices and with their own label carry some beautiful cashmere and/or merino sweaters and the like.

If I wanted to I could afford hundreds of dollars for a piece of clothing, but I'd much rather spend that on camera equipment. We all have our weaknesses.

rangisrovus19

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The "trendy" stores (ae, a&f, etc) are places i used to shop when i had no sense of fashion. not to say that i think they are terrible companies, it's just i can't stand the fact of walking down a street or something and spotting someone with the same whatever I have on as well. Prada makes excellent sunglasses, and i can't go anywhere without them now. so yes, i guess i fall into the "label whore" categorie. There is a company being resurrected that I am extremely excited about called Gypsy 05. They make beautiful clothing.

cockamania

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I like to mix European style with the Urban US look .... and I've been doing it long before Kanye came on the scene. So I like:

Armani Collezioni
Hugo Boss
Prada
Dolce & Gabbana
Lacoste

as well as:

Sean John
Nike - especially Air Force Ones
Timberland

this is pretty much me to...but switch nike to Adidas shell toes...

I also like phat farm and juice, I also wear some others

When it comes to dressing up. I am all about custom tailoring the good stuff.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I buy what fits, looks good on me, and is on sale.

This may come from a department store (blazers, Dockers, khakis, dress shirts, ties, turtle neck), The Gap (baggy fit jeans and some jackets), JCrew (a sweater and university coat), Express Men (some shirts), Banana Republic (some fitted sweaters) or anywhere in between. I try not to every pay more than $20 for a top or bottom. Yes, I am a bargain hunter. I like to look like a million bucks for $49.99. And it works.

When I find something in my size that fits well and is reasonably priced, I purchased lot of different colors. I try to stick to timeless things: blue jeans, white/black/grey t shirts, sweaters and turtle necks, black shoes,. etc.

If they fit well, the basics are all a man needs to look good --whether he be dressed up or down.

Gangsta22

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Shirts
Lrg
10 deep
Crooks & Castles
Mishka

Jeans
Evisu
Red Monkey
Gap
Levis

Ima Streetwear Guy :cool:

feely

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If it looks good and suits me, I'll buy it and wear it, although i don't like spending a lot of money on 1 particular item of clothing, so i do tend to buy cheap shit that looks good.

And i wear a lot of band t-shirts.

avalonjim

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Not a label whore per se, but i do like quality, and I hate to wear what everyone else does, so thankfully I can afford to buy what I want for the most part. 7 and lucky's are my preference for jeans, primarily because they fit. Perry Ellis usually has the best fabrics for jeans however. John Varvatos, James Perse, Ted Baker, Dolce Gabbana, are fav's, but Vivienne Westwood, Gaulthier, and McQueen all appeal to my aging punk rock roots. Pretty much the ONLY things I won't buy are Tommy Hilfiger and their ilk. They are far too overhyped and completely generic. But that goes with my personal sense of style, I like combining high and low together, so I will wear tight surf t shirts with a favorite pair of deconstructed Issey Miyake linen pants and dollar store flip flops. I have no patience for label whores, I buy what I like, what fits, and is a bit unusual. I hate looking like everyone else. I think its the redhead thing, we always stand out to begin with, so why would we want to look like everyone else? I like people that are comfortable in their own skin, label obsessed people are usually trying too hard and are pretending to be something they really aren't. I think its foolish. But, really none of my business, unless its my money you are spending.

Chrysalis

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I don't know that my wardrobe is dominated by any particular brand. I don't tend to buy clothing at Target or KMart because I have had problems with durability in clothing I've purchased there. However, I agree with Snoozan that Costco often has high quality clothing at great prices.

My mother did a great job at teaching me how to shop. She said, "Never buy anything unless it 'grabs' you." On shopping trips, she'd always help me whittle down my 10 selections to 2 or 3 that would really last over the long term. I shop the same way now.

I do have an ongoing love affair with Dansko Professional clogs. They're expensive but they're the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn, and they seem to be indestructible. I currently own five pairs, in various colors. :redface:

Let's see...what I have in my current closet...Urbane Scrubs (about 7 sets, and those are only the winter colors...), Street clothes: Land's End, Liz Claiborne, Jones New York Sport, Karen Scott, High Sierra, Valerie Stevens, Levi's, Eddie Bauer, Coldwater Creek, J. Jill...

Okay. Now I'm noticing that probably 2/3 of the stuff in my closet is either Land's End or Liz Claiborne. I don't think this makes me a "Label Snob" -- I pick items I love, and that I can count on to be durable (and to outlast "fads"). I have things that are 8 years old that I still wear, because I take good care of them.

Whenever I go to the department store, I'm always attracted to the Ralph Lauren clothes. I love the things they make. But I've only ever bought one skirt, because every goddamn thing has their little logo on it!!! In social circles, I try to downplay my income, and I'm not going to wear something that screams, "I buy expensive clothes!" I'd much rather just pick stuff I really like, and prefer that other people not know if it happens to be an expensive brand.