Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Everyone seems to like brown eyes because they are soulfull. As a man with brown eyes, I can attest that most people find brown eyes attractive. I, myself, like brown eyes, because they are captivating. Meaning I can make direct eye contact much more easily if a person has brown eyes. Just my two cents.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It depends upon the guy and it depends upon the eyes. I like high contrast . But then I love snapping sexy eyes as well. I love eyes that harbor mischief. It has nothing to do with the color however. I think black men who are chocolate with hazel, green, blue or grey eyes are striking (ie Lex) .Then there are others who have coal black eyes which one could get lost in... It really depends upon the man. I love men with thick brows and lashes that set the eyes off. That is really striking.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well, here are some more comments from another gay man.

...it depends on the man and what the rest of him looks like. :smile:

IMO, the eye color, hair color, and skin tone all work in conjunction with each other...

I agree, which is why I didn't vote. However, after thinking about it a bit, I've decided the following:

Blue eyes are generally the most startling and apt to grab your attention. However, blue eyes can also seem very cold. Blue eyes might capture my attention, but I can't imagine myself staring lovingly into a pair of blue eyes.

I can think of two exceptions to what I just said, although I'm certain that there are many more:
  • My grandfather, whose dark blue eyes were bright and humorous.
  • The late actor Jon-Erik Hexum, whose light blue eyes, while startling, were also kind, gentle, and soulful.
Actor Matt Dallas has light eyes that are bright, inquisitive, curious, and filled with a child-like wonder. (All of which are well-suited to his character in Kyle XY.) In some pics they look startling blue, but I think in real life they are actually more grey or perhaps hazel.

(Both Hexum and Dallas have wonderfully deep voices as well.)

VOYAGERS! GUIDEBOOK | THE ULTIMATE PICTURE FANSITE!

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e68/owl4ever/starmometer3/3-1.jpg
http://remote.lohudblogs.com/files/2007/07/108959_d_735r2_ful.jpg
http://www.mattdallas.com/Pictures/Matt on links.jpg

I also like the intensity of green eyes combined with pretty much any hair and complexion. They tend to flash like high quality emeralds when they get excited or angry.

Agreed. Green eyes are also a bit warmer and more inviting than blue eyes...it's easier to gaze deeply into them. I prefer softer, more subtle shades of green to bright green.

...His younger brother was breathtakingly beautiful. He had jet black hair, blue eyes, and the same alabaster skin minus the freckles. He was also dumber than a box of rocks. :tongue:

:lmao: Oh, njqt, that is so...so...you.

Reactions: slutatorian666

AquaEyes11010

Expert Member
Media
New Brunswick (New Jersey, United States)
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
So after reading all this about different colored eyes, did anyone ever wonder what makes them that color? The geek in me is coming out right now.

We don't have blue or gray or green pigments in our bodies. The major pigment in us is melanin, a brownish-blackish chemical. The iris has basically two areas which can be pigmented. If there is ample melanin deposited in the front and rear of the iris, the eye appears dark brown to almost black. If there is a minimal amount of melanin only in the rear of the iris and none in the front, the eyes appear the lightest blue, because the structure of the iris bends the light reflecting from them, and the brownish color appears blue. If there is a full compliment of pigment in the front, there is no bending of the light, and the true color of the pigment shows through.

All the shades in between brown and blue are because of varying amounts of melanin in the front of the iris. Add a thin even "veneer" of brown over the front and it filters the refracted blue to green or gray. And if someone has no melanin in the iris whatsoever (as in albinos), the eyes appear red because of the blood flowing behind the iris.

Oh, and I'm also good at Scrabble.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Here are my eyes. My web cam is old and cheap, so the color isn't good, but you'll get the general idea. They are actually brighter and a bit bluer in real life.

OK, I've been waiting very patiently for almost 2 days for somebody to notice these and say something nice, but nothing. Well, dammit, somebody compliment me already. Lie if you have to. I don't care. Just say something. And :tongue: to you for making me ask for it.

Notthe7

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So after reading all this about different colored eyes, did anyone ever wonder what makes them that color? The geek in me is coming out right now.

We don't have blue or gray or green pigments in our bodies. The major pigment in us is melanin, a brownish-blackish chemical. The iris has basically two areas which can be pigmented. If there is ample melanin deposited in the front and rear of the iris, the eye appears dark brown to almost black. If there is a minimal amount of melanin only in the rear of the iris and none in the front, the eyes appear the lightest blue, because the structure of the iris bends the light reflecting from them, and the brownish color appears blue. If there is a full compliment of pigment in the front, there is no bending of the light, and the true color of the pigment shows through.

All the shades in between brown and blue are because of varying amounts of melanin in the front of the iris. Add a thin even "veneer" of brown over the front and it filters the refracted blue to green or gray. And if someone has no melanin in the iris whatsoever (as in albinos), the eyes appear red because of the blood flowing behind the iris.

I thoroughly plan on using this during a random conversation to impress someone; I will also be pretending that I garnered the information on my own.

Mickactual

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There's just something striking about black hair and blue eyes that makes me weak.
Me too. Blue eyes, in general tend to grab my attention most.
...Then again, green eyes do too.
Sometimes brown eyes do as well.
Damn Gemini in me...I can never make up my mind! Just when I think I have a "type" I go for, someone totally opposite that will grab my attention.
:tongue:

a_vera

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Wow, really interesting, the last time I read about this issue no one knew what made this difference. Where can I find more about it????
R u physician or scientist???

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Here are my eyes. My web cam is old and cheap, so the color isn't good, but you'll get the general idea. They are actually brighter and a bit bluer in real life.

Sweetie whatever color that is it is fabulous! Yes I did look at your pics and you have beautiful eyes.

a_vera

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well, mine are brown, and maybe for that reason I prefer bright ones.
I don't know why, but I like to see the pupils, specially when they are dilated.
It's even better when I see how they change it's size and get bigger, like when staring something, or someone specially atractive or when feeling pleasure.

Talking about color, my favorite one is true gray, but is very difficult to find someone who owns it. I like green too, specially olive green, and hazel.