Favorite foods list #2

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know this has been done before but I love to hear what others love to eat. I have been salivating over Hellskitchen's thread! Here is the recipe for a favorite soup... I cant believe I found it. I love it when I go to Olive Garden.

Zuppa Toscana

Makes: 6-8 servings

INGREDIENTS

1 lb ground Italian sausage

1½ tsp crushed red peppers

1 large diced white onion

4 Tbsp bacon pieces

2 tsp garlic puree

10 cups water

5 cubes of chicken bouillon

1 cup heavy cream

1 lb sliced Russet potatoes, or about 3 large potatoes

¼ of a bunch of kale

Sautee Italian sausage and crushed red pepper in pot. Drain excess fat, refrigerate while you prepare other ingredients.

In the same pan, sautee bacon, onions and garlic for approxiamtly 15 mins. or until the onions are soft.

Mix together the chicken bouillon and water, then add it to the onions, bacon and garlic. Cook until boiling.

Add potatoes and cook until soft, about half an hour.

Add heavy cream and cook until thoughouly heated.

Stir in the sausage.

Add kale just before serving. Delicious!

(Of course I have to adapt it to fit my lactose intolerance)

Last edited:

Rubenesque

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Crispy Peking Duck with pancakes, cucumber, spring onions and hoisin sauce.

Wow.. now I'm salivating! I could eat that for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day!

1. Fresh raw oysters
  2. Shrimp (prawns) cocktail
  3. Ossetra caviar
  4. Sushi
  5. Chocolate ice cream
  6. Baked Alaska
  7. Roasted rack of lamb with mint jelly
  8. cock-a-leekie soup
  9. hot & sour soup
  10. Vanilla milkshake

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Favorite meal!
To Start: Pigeonneaux en Croute with Dom Perignon Brut
First Course: Aragosta Alla Carciofi with Pouilly-Fume, Ladoucette
a pallet cleaning with blueberry sorbet
Second Course: Caneton A La Presse with Chateau Mouton-Rothschild
And last but not least: Bombe Chocoolat with Veuve Clicquot
Followed by a nightcap of Warmed Grand Marnier

Second favorite meal
Fried chicken, potato salad, watermelon with mint, cornbread battered okra, and cherry pie with hand churned ice cream and ice tea.
I have some comfort foods like chicken pot pie, meatloaf and beef stew that make you feel good when nothing else will. On Thanksgiving weekend I always make great left overs and turn Thursday's meal into something else!
Valentines I always make Beef Wellington and beets cut into hearts and chocolate ganache...I could go on and on, I love to eat!

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I mentioned Chicken Fried Steak recently and haven’t been able to get it out of my mind so a trip to a nearby Texas Roadhouse is in order soon! I must have a Southern gene from somewhere because I love hearty offerings like that and Biscuits with Sausage Gravy. Pecan Pie for dessert with breakfast or dinner works also.

I cook whenever home and especially bake things like breads which are a favorite food. Many times I only have that fresh-out-of-the-oven for dinner. Today I made sweet rolls and still have a slight sugar-coma going after eating six of them!

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Favorite meal!
To Start: Pigeonneaux en Croute with Dom Perignon Brut
First Course: Aragosta Alla Carciofi with Pouilly-Fume, Ladoucette
a pallet cleaning with blueberry sorbet
Second Course: Caneton A La Presse with Chateau Mouton-Rothschild
And last but not least: Bombe Chocoolat with Veuve Clicquot
Followed by a nightcap of Warmed Grand Marnier

Second favorite meal
Fried chicken, potato salad, watermelon with mint, cornbread battered okra, and cherry pie with hand churned ice cream and ice tea.
I have some comfort foods like chicken pot pie, meatloaf and beef stew that make you feel good when nothing else will. On Thanksgiving weekend I always make great left overs and turn Thursday's meal into something else!
Valentines I always make Beef Wellington and beets cut into hearts and chocolate ganache...I could go on and on, I love to eat!

Please do GO ON AND ON AND ON! I am becoming ravenous just reading this!

unique_exposure

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
GINGER SALAD DRESSING
Favorite dressing- healthy!

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]78 grams grated carrot (1 sm package)
4 Tbsp rice vinegar
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp ginger (crushed, from a glass jar) {alternatively, 1+ Tbsp of fresh, chopped}
3 Tbsp olive oil
1/4- 1/2 tsp garlic
3 Tbsp flax oil
1 splash agave nectar or sweetener

Blend. Consume. Revel in gingerly yumminess.

[/FONT]

nay-nay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
chicken and dumplings with frybread (native american food)
indian tacos (also native american)
...i should just say native american food. LOL. cuz this list could get long.

i like all kinds of pastas.

i also love fruit.

anything with chicken

salads

burgers and fries

chili dogs

nothin fancy. :biggrin1:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ok here is a little dinner I keep in my back pocket
Make a salad with mixed greens and then (take steamed shrimp and wrap it with cooked angel hair pasta and deep fry them) place them on the greens with strawberries and champagne vinegar dressing.

Roll a beef tenderloin in dijon mustard and bread crumbs and bake until the outside is crispy.
Serve with au gratin potatoes and chilled asparagus.
Then for desert make a white layer cake, a chocolate cheese cake with out a crust.
on the first layer of the cake spread 1/4 of the cooled cheese cake and then a layer of mascarpone and a layer of strawberries, repeat with the other layer. and use the remaining cheese cake and cover the outside and garnish with strawberries and kiwi.
After dinner serve Keoke coffee.( a shot of brandy a shot of kahlua a cup of coffee and top with fresh whipped cream and drizzle with Grand Marnier

Hand_Solo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm a big fan of Thai food in general. Thai curries are great, and I'm a fan of anything with lots of basil and cilantro. I also like my food insanely hot, and Thai food is some of the spiciest food I've ever eaten. It's difficult to convince Thai places that I actually want my food as hot as I request it. Usually takes a visit or two to a particular restaurant.

If I were ever forced to eat only Thai, I'd certainly miss some of the dishes I grew up on, but I think I'd manage quite nicely in the long run.

BIGDP

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Your grannies would love this...

Cut the bottoms of Brussels Sprouts off. Blanch them in hot water for 4-5 minutes. Next remove Then and plunge them into cold, icy water to stop the cooking. Next cut them in half. Have two slices of diced bacon frying until crisp. Put the halved Brussels sprouts, the thinly sliced onion. some diced red bell pepper, and some salt into the pan.

Next add about 1/4 cup of white wine. The better the wine, the better the dish. Add some butter to smooth out the sauce, and add about 1/4 teaspoons of caraway seeds to bring out the best flavor!
DP

Your grannies would love this...

Cut the bottoms of Brussels Sprouts off. Blanch them in hot water for 4-5 minutes. Next remove Then and plunge them into cold, icy water to stop the cooking. Next cut them in half. Have two slices of diced bacon frying until crisp. Put the halved Brussels sprouts, the thinly sliced onion. some diced red bell pepper, and some salt into the pan.

Next add about 1/4 cup of white wine. The better the wine, the better the dish. Add some butter to smooth out the sauce, and add about 1/4 teaspoons of caraway seeds to bring out the best flavor!
DP

You mean there's a way to actually make brussels sprouts taste good??

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ok I have a great breakfast that I only treat myself to once in a blue moon.
In a skillet cook 8 strips of bacon, drain the fat and return to stove and add three eggs that have been whipped, add chopped onion continue to cook add sliced tomato and cover with toast points and cover with shredded cheese and continue to cook until cheese is melted and cover with a white cream sauce. Salt and pepper to taste.
If you have access to blood orange juice it's the perfect Sunday breakfast!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Naughty, that is so funny! Mom and I had lunch at the Olive Garden today. :smile: We had the Zuppa Toscana, salad and fried calamari. A very filling and hearty lunch on a rainy day.

I LOVE:
Pretty much all Italian food
Mexican food, especially posole and chicken enchiladas
Shellfish except oysters
Steak
Moist chocolate cake with chocolate frosting
Chocolate ice cream
Wawa Eggnog
Butterscotch Krimpets
Peanut Butter Tandykakes

Chocolate Stuff

Ingredients
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup of sugar
• 1/2 cup flour
• 1 stick of butter
• 2 tablespoon cocoa
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Directions
1. Beat two eggs with a cup of sugar and a half cup of flour. Add 1/4 teaspoon of salt.

2. In the microwave, melt together one stick of butter with two heaping tablespoons of cocoa.

3. Stir the egg and cocoa-butter mixtures together and add 1 full teaspoon of vanilla. Add pecans if you want.

4. Put in a greased loaf pan then set loaf pan in a bigger pan of water and cook at 300 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.

Last edited:

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ok I have a great breakfast that I only treat myself to once in a blue moon.
In a skillet cook 8 strips of bacon, drain the fat and return to stove and add three eggs that have been whipped, add chopped onion continue to cook add sliced tomato and cover with toast points and cover with shredded cheese and continue to cook until cheese is melted and cover with a white cream sauce. Salt and pepper to taste.
If you have access to blood orange juice it's the perfect Sunday breakfast!

D.

I have come to the conclusion that you need to open up a restaurant! I get ravenous just reading your descriptions.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
LOL! Great minds move in similar channels!

Naughty, that is so funny! Mom and I had lunch at the Olive Garden today. :smile: We had the Zuppa Toscana, salad and fried calamari. A very filling and hearty lunch on a rainy day.

I LOVE:
Pretty much all Italian food
Mexican food, especially posole and chicken enchiladas
Shellfish except oysters
Steak
Moist chocolate cake with chocolate frosting
Chocolate ice cream
Wawa Eggnog
Butterscotch Krimpets
Peanut Butter Tandykakes

Chocolate Stuff

Ingredients
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup of sugar
• 1/2 cup flour
• 1 stick of butter
• 2 tablespoon cocoa
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Directions
1. Beat two eggs with a cup of sugar and a half cup of flour. Add 1/4 teaspoon of salt.

2. In the microwave, melt together one stick of butter with two heaping tablespoons of cocoa.

3. Stir the egg and cocoa-butter mixtures together and add 1 full teaspoon of vanilla. Add pecans if you want.

4. Put in a greased loaf pan then set loaf pan in a bigger pan of water and cook at 300 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
One of my Holiday favorites,
Gingerbread Cake
1 cup oil
1 cup sugar
1 cup molasses
3 eggs beaten
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
3 cups sifted flour
1/3 tsp salt
Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Place 3 teaspoons baking soda in 1 1/2 cups boiling water. Add immediately to batter, mix well and pour into a greased and floured 9X13 pan and bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 40 minutes. Cool, serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. top with a cinnamon and a sprig of mint.

Mandee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Here's an easy and delicious meal that I came up with when I was nannying. My kiddos loved it!

Ingredients:
Birds Eye frozen veggies (the Asian variety... with the sauce packet)
Spaghetti noodles
frozen peeled shrimp

Directions:
Put some water on the stove to boil.. add the shrimp. When the water starts to boil add your noodles. Let that cook and then drain. While you're doing this, go ahead and sautee the veggies with the sauce. When everything is cooked mix it all together! Enjoy!

OHHH also, when I was nannying, the mom and aunt made this wonderful African dish called "Palm Butter". It was made with palm oil and some kind of meat... and I don't recall what else. The meat was really tender and it was so delicious. You eat it with rice. lol We also had gassava (spelling???) leaf... I didn't care much for that! lol. They only made it once because you have to spend all day in the kitchen cooking it! lol. I've found recipes online but none of them really seem to match up. If anyone knows how to make this, can you please send me your recipe?? Thanks!!!!