Favorite Horror Movies to watch at Halloween?

dude_007

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Any of Elvira's Movie Macabre
Also, not a horror movie, but the Halloween season isn't complete without watching Hocus Pocus!

"Winnie....I smell children."

Reactions: Fuzzy_

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Frozen (2010) is different. It's not scary as in "boo!" but it's still terrifying. Imagine being caught on a ski lift in freezing temperatures when a ski resort shuts down for a week.

I thought the part where Anna takes Elsa's glove was pretty scary. And when that big snow monster chases them out of Elsa's ice castle.

I have to hide my eyes every time.

craigsmith

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I enjoy watching shows like
The Haunted" "The Ghost inside my child" Witches of East End" "Salem" etc. I even love watching "Bewitched". I always wondered if either Darrin had a big cock. I have always wanted to watch a real Black Mass being performed but can't find any that have been filmed.

SprinkleMe69

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
If I'm going to do Halloween movies I go for gore. The more bloody the better!

I'll admit what scared me about Jeepers Creepers was that things long talons.

I can do without Freddy and Jason after the first movies. As for The Shining, that madness can happen to people.

Jcurve44

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Also, "based on actual events" subheadings don't really make me any more or less scared. I'm not generally a believer in the supernatural, I just like to be scared.

Audition, The Eye, VHS (the Japanese versions)...all scary as fuck.

Audition is awesome
Just have to keep in mind the japanese mind is a little different

Never seen The Eye or VHS

Classic japanese horror, Kawaidan (1963) just a gorgeous movie

Fuzzy_

Legendary Member
Media
Some low-budget movies that the horror fans may enjoy:

Triangle (2009) - Many plot twists. Like inception but with mediocre acting. Once you get past the first ten minutes it really picks up.

The Human Race (2014) - Don't get too attached to any characters. The tension is high throughout and it goes to show that you don't need millions of bucks to make a good nail-biter.

The Signal (2014) - Arguably low-budget. It has its moments -- especially when you ignore physics.

The Descent (2005) - The best thing about this movie is its back story. If you took out the horror aspects, it's still a great movie. As for the horror, you get teased a lot (not quite sure what is going on) and literally left in the dark.

Frozen (2010) - Three skiers get trapped on an open ski lift for a week. More interesting than it sounds. The ultimate "what would you do" movie.

Speaking of "What would you do" movies, all of the Saw movies have this element: would you dig a key out from behind your eyeball to prevent a bear trap from squishing your head? Somebody with a needle phobia should watch that one scene...

Fuzzy_

Legendary Member
Media
Saw The Babadook (2014) yesterday. It was very good. The ending was unexpected, especially for a horror movie where the bad guy usually faces some gruesome death.

Last edited:

SprinkleMe69

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Silent Night Deadly Night. Nothing like an ax-wielding Santa Claus.

The Tales From The Crypt movies. I like the short story feel of them.

Old school Texas Chainsaw Massacre from the 70's.

Last edited:

Magicstick74

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For me its gotta be The Exorcist (1973)... Not only my favorite horror movie but one of my favorite movies of all time. This Shining is definitely up there, I learn something new about that movie every time I watch it.

Fuzzy_

Legendary Member
Media
Fuzzy has a theory about The Babadook (2014). Maybe it wasn't a horror movie. Maybe it was a movie about mental illness: the son knew that his mother was fighting this illness and tried to help her not "let it in." As the movie progressed, she slowly succumbed to it despite her son's attempts to save her from the monster that plagued her.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Just watched Descent 2 and it was okay. The first one was better. Second opened up a lot of questions that I doubt will be answered without having a another.

Fuzzy_

Legendary Member
Media
Just watched Descent 2 and it was okay. The first one was better. Second opened up a lot of questions that I doubt will be answered without having a another.
Fuzzy was told that it was awful. Descent was one of Fuzzy's favorite horror movies but Fuzzy won't likely see Descent 2.

Speaking of sequels, the Cloverfield sequel was amazing. Not sure if it was a horror or thriller but it was completely different from the first movie.

Pontypool! We're a bit spoilt with zombies now, but it's still a good film.