Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
What item are you drawn to when it comes to cooking. I know it will change depending on what you are cooking but what almost gives you comfort when your cooking?

For me it was my grandma's cast iron skillet. The first thing I asked for when she past away. Years of loving use and seasoned to perfection. :smile: Sadly it got broken in one of my moves so I had to start over. The one I currently have has been in use for about 10 years.

My mums old electric Sunbeam frying pan. Have made some bloody good stuff with it, plus every time I use it I remember my mum using it. Good memories.

mickstl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The one piece I use most is my red 7.5 qt. Le Creuset Dutch oven. I use it most to make large batches of chili or soup and then freeze most for later.

It's my weekend "recreational" cooking go-to.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's really hard to pick just one but I would have to say my KitchenAid stand mixer. With special mention given to ginger grater and japanese grind bowl.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
My mom's slow cooker - she got it as a wedding present in 1961 and it still works great. She's been gone since 1977, but everytime I use that 'crock pot' I get to remember her.

D_Sal_Manilla

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well they are not mine but my mother promised me that she would buy me my own once I move out.

my aunt bought her Mauviel Cookware for her wedding back in 1981.

SprinkleMe69

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
What item are you drawn to when it comes to cooking. I know it will change depending on what you are cooking but what almost gives you comfort when your cooking?

For me it was my grandma's cast iron skillet. The first thing I asked for when she past away. Years of loving use and seasoned to perfection. :smile: Sadly it got broken in one of my moves so I had to start over. The one I currently have has been in use for about 10 years.

How do you break a cast-iron skillet? :confused:

I don't cook.

I seriously <3 my hand beaten flat bottomed wok, bamboo steaming trays, and my rice steamer. I'd <3 my Kitchenaid Standing mixer if I had one, lol.

I have a certain fondness for a wooden spoon too, because a past Ma'am used it to punish my ass and at a later point I used it to beat someone else (bdsm beating, mind). But of course I never used that one for cooking..

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
How do you break a cast-iron skillet? :confused:

I don't cook.
Cast iron is brittle, and can be broken by dropping it, or heating and cooling to rapidly. I've broken a couple by heating them red-hot on my jet burner. :frown1: It's the price you pay for the best blackened redfish anywhere.

Jet burner should be reserved for steel pots. :redface: