Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
It's really hard to pick just one but I would have to say my KitchenAid stand mixer. With special mention given to ginger grater and japanese grind bowl.
I figured this question would create a quandary for you. :confused:
My mom's slow cooker - she got it as a wedding present in 1961 and it still works great. She's been gone since 1977, but everytime I use that 'crock pot' I get to remember her.
:09:
How do you break a cast-iron skillet? :confused:

I don't cook.
Reference Hick's comment below. Yes I know you don't. :yuck:

I seriously <3 my hand beaten flat bottomed wok, bamboo steaming trays, and my rice steamer. I'd <3 my Kitchenaid Standing mixer if I had one, lol.

I have a certain fondness for a wooden spoon too, because a past Ma'am used it to punish my ass and at a later point I used it to beat someone else (bdsm beating, mind). But of course I never used that one for cooking..
I wondered when the spoons were going to show up. :eek:

My rolling pin is tops in my kitchen also. Mine is well seasond and can be measured against a roll of paper towels.
Maybe you should start a show off thread. :shrug:
Cast iron is brittle, and can be broken by dropping it, or heating and cooling to rapidly. I've broken a couple by heating them red-hot on my jet burner. :frown1: It's the price you pay for the best blackened redfish anywhere.

Jet burner should be reserved for steel pots. :redface:
Blackened anything is best in cast iron. I sometimes will make a whole meal in one skillet. :smile:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I've got my mum's beat-up huge aluminum bread bowl which is a lovely thing. I wonder if it's ever actually been washed... seems to have bits of dried dough from the fifties permanently adhered to the outer rim.

My wok is always a go-to and now that I have a proper wok-burner installed in this apartment I think I'll bring it over from Canada.

I just got a pressure cooker and I'm loving the soups made in it.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
OK if we get to add items... rice cooker and I have a Farberware electric skillet that I bought when I moved to NY it still works like new! A lot of talk about cast iron skillets; I really like mine but I only use it outside on the grill. (it's about 60 years old and it's seasoned so perfectly it's become a non-stick pan)

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
OK if we get to add items... rice cooker and I have a Farberware electric skillet that I bought when I moved to NY it still works like new! A lot of talk about cast iron skillets; I really like mine but I only use it outside on the grill. (it's about 60 years old and it's seasoned so perfectly it's become a non-stick pan)
Yes I opened it up for your benefit NY. :smile:

Now wait your skillet is 60 years old soooo you started cooking when you were?????:rolleyes:

Seriously though a good seasoned skillet has no value. I think of it as a item that holds on to the history of your cooking and life. That's just me though.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Now wait your skillet is 60 years old soooo you started cooking when you were?????:rolleyes:
You know what we really need a :bitch slap emoticon:
The skillet was around before I was. That skillet and a rolling pin are the only things that survived when our house burned down; I'm thrilled to still have both of them.

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
You know what we really need a :bitch slap emoticon:
The skillet was around before I was. That skillet and a rolling pin are the only things that survived when our house burned down; I'm thrilled to still have both of them.
I'm sorry to hear that was the situation. But my comment holds true to this occurrence. That skillet is your history. :smile:

Here is a bitch slap emoticon. Oh great one make it so.

free Msn Icon Bitch Slap emoticon @ emotty.com

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
rice cooker.
electric kettle.

Dr. Nudie - grinding bowls are utlra-keen.

Mod-girrl - for a rolling pin is kinda sexy as all get out

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
What item are you drawn to when it comes to cooking. I know it will change depending on what you are cooking but what almost gives you comfort when your cooking?

For me it was my grandma's cast iron skillet. The first thing I asked for when she past away. Years of loving use and seasoned to perfection. :smile: Sadly it got broken in one of my moves so I had to start over. The one I currently have has been in use for about 10 years.

Drawn to?

It all depends on what I plan to make. I found the whisk and the cheese grater aren't very good as baking sheets or fry pans.

I have a favorite 2 knives they are different sizes and perform different tasks, there's a favorite saucepan, a preferred skillet, my favorite spatula, favorite stirring spoon, favorite slotted spoon, favorite cutting board.

My favorite stove top burner is the front left.

B_Nia88

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What item are you drawn to when it comes to cooking. I know it will change depending on what you are cooking but what almost gives you comfort when your cooking?

For me it was my grandma's cast iron skillet. The first thing I asked for when she past away. Years of loving use and seasoned to perfection. :smile: Sadly it got broken in one of my moves so I had to start over. The one I currently have has been in use for about 10 years.

my expensive knife set and pot set as I live in the kitchen so I want the best utensils.