Favorite TV Show

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
The West Wing, Fawlty Towers, Top Gear and most BBC factual docos spring immediately to mind. To be honest though the box is often one I rarely actually sit and watch it.:smile:

:rolleyes:
I agree, wish that I had British TV here in France, it has to be the best in the world!!

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That 70's Show
The Riches
The Sopranos
Wildboys
I also like watching football and ufc as much as possible.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I agree, wish that I had British TV here in France, it has to be the best in the world!!

Dude!! You mean you don't?! What gives? - all you need is a secondhand skybox and a satelite pointing at 28.2 (E) - you get all the freeview channels - so all the BBCs, ITVs, FilmFour (good films regularly, bloody good films about once a week), ALL the radio stations - about 208 of them IIRC all the news channels (from bbc to al jazeera) and loads more crappy stuff. You don't get channel 4/E4 (shame, good comedy), nor skyone/plus (myah!), nor channel 5 *shrugs*. Go for it man - get a skybox from the UK (about 40-50 of your strange, archaic pounds) - and a dish (about 40-60 euros in your local friendly bricolage store).

DO IT! There is no time to loose! FRENCH TV SUCKS!!!

Seriously, endless fucking gameshows of the lowest order - cringe worthy chat / celebrity based offal - French StarAcademy / Nouvelle Star (X-Factor) / BigBrother style shite - and a barage of old American cop / doc series dubbed in to French. I mean no offence to the many fans of these worthy programs, but these are from 10 years back and some of them are terribley dated. But even the really good ones... I used to watch ER regularly - but even George Clooney, once dubbed into French, is ridiculous "Mais ALORS! Je peut pas faire l'operation - c'est trop de risque.. zut, mince, la plume de ma tante!" etc. etc. And Baywatch!! Bloody hell that was bad enough to start with! 7th Heaven, talk about FROMAGE!! I'd better stop, this is becoming a rant! Dongalong - get a bloody dish - save yourself before it's too late!

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Right now? Scrubs, hands down. Law & Order SVU for the storylines and the eye candy.

Comedy? Mind of Mencia. Or MadTV. Or any British comedy show.

Other? THE WEATHER CHANNEL (default in our house, since I'm a weather junkie). Discovery Channel, History Channel, Travel Channel. Often CNN.

But my man likes to watch America's Next Top Model, design competitions, and home updates (he's the photographer), so I sit there beside him and enjoy while cuddling. Sometimes Sex and the City.

NCbear (who's slowly learning how to watch less TV and do more housework while on #)$@#$&@%$^)* crutches)

sdg475

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm gonna add a few to my list:

SNL (Especially when Farley, Sandler, Spade, and all those guys were on)
Kids In the Hall
Reno 911!
The Chappelle Show (Seasons 1 and 2)
Comedy Central Presents (Nothing beats good Stand Up)
The Real World (It's a guilty pleasure, i don't admitt to liking it often)

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
Dude!! You mean you don't?! What gives? - all you need is a secondhand skybox and a satelite pointing at 28.2 (E) - you get all the freeview channels - so all the BBCs, ITVs, FilmFour (good films regularly, bloody good films about once a week), ALL the radio stations - about 208 of them IIRC all the news channels (from bbc to al jazeera) and loads more crappy stuff. You don't get channel 4/E4 (shame, good comedy), nor skyone/plus (myah!), nor channel 5 *shrugs*. Go for it man - get a skybox from the UK (about 40-50 of your strange, archaic pounds) - and a dish (about 40-60 euros in your local friendly bricolage store).

Seriously, endless fucking gameshows of the lowest order - cringe worthy chat / celebrity based offal - French StarAcademy / Nouvelle Star (X-Factor) / BigBrother style shite - and a barage of old American cop / doc series dubbed in to French. I mean no offence to the many fans of these worthy programs, but these are from 10 years back and some of them are terribley dated. But even the really good ones... I used to watch ER regularly - but even George Clooney, once dubbed into French, is ridiculous "Mais ALORS! Je peut pas faire l'operation - c'est trop de risque.. zut, mince, la plume de ma tante!" etc. etc. And Baywatch!! Bloody hell that was bad enough to start with! 7th Heaven, talk about FROMAGE!! I'd better stop, this is becoming a rant! Dongalong - get a bloody dish - save yourself before it's too late!
OMG! That is the funniest post I've read in a good while. Thank you ManlyBanisters!:biggrin::smile:

I guess I'll take this oppurtunity to add a few more shows to my all-time favorties list. They are Night Court, Roseanne, Married.. With Children and Kids in the Hall (thanks for reminding me about that one sdg475).

LouisVauban

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
BEWITCHED will always be the reigning champ for me.
SIX FEET UNDER comes in at #2

Now?

MEDIUM
GREY's ANATOMY
THE GHOST WHISPERER
2 1/2 MEN

Am so bummed that OUT OF PRACTICE was lost... such a funny show.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

eddie21218

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
My 3 favorutre shows on TV:
Criminal Minds
Navy NCIS
The Unit

I also got COPS and Law and Order SVU tivoed.'
Oh yeah TD Jakes. The Potter's House.
He gears himself toward broken people and that is me

B_Shurewood

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
CSI
Law & Order
Criminal Minds
NCIS
The Mentalist
The Unit
Dexter
Prison Break
Bones
Eleventh Hour
Numb3rs
Flashpoint
Cold Case
Without A Trace
The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson
The Big Bang Theory, That 70's Show, Old Christine
British comedy: As Time Goes By, Blackadder, Fawlty Towers, Good Neighbors, Thin Blue Line, Mr. Bean, Red Dwarf, etc.
PBS: Nature, Nova, Frontline, Masterpiece Theatre,
Secrets Of The Dead, etc.

cockoloco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

HAHAHAHAHAHA

The worse part is, you're not exaggerating it! I like pretty much everything, but French dubbed TV/films/series are absolutely awful!

That made me laugh for a while, my stomach still hurts!

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks for jogging my memory! :smile:

The rifleman
Beast wars
Law & order criminal intent
Coldcase
Macgyver
Startrek next generation and deep space nine
The greatest american hero
Paladin
Smallville
Bleach
Gargoyles
The flash tv series

My favorites of the above highlighted in blue. Hey, someone else who watched The Flash!

It's much to hard to decide an all-time favorite, but certainly Absolutely Fabulous and My So Called Life were two shows that I loved, and which I can remember everything about.

Some more of my all-time favorites:

Little House on the Prairie
The Dukes of Hazzard
You Can't Do That On Television
The Smurfs
Scooby-Doo
Keeping Up Appearances
Are You Being Served
The Benny Hill Show
Red Dwarf
The Flintstones
The Jetsons
The Simpsons
Our House
Saved By The Bell
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Mama's Family
The Facts of Life
The Love Boat
Gimme a Break
Mr Wizard's World
3.. 2.. 1.. Contact
What's Happening
The Jeffersons
Family Matters
The New Leave it to Beaver
All That
Ghostwriter
Clarissa Explains it All
Reading Rainbow
The Littles
Fraggle Rock
Hey Dude
Sesame Street
Rugrats
Salute Your Shorts
Pee Wee's Playhouse
Beverly Hills, 90210
In Living Color
Six Feet Under
The Real World (The first season, and the L.A. and Miami seasons esp.)
Family Plots
Mythbusters
Crank Yankers
Reno 911
Chapelle's Show

There are also two Spanish-language shows which I count among my favorites, they are El Chapulin Colorado and Chespirito.

My favorite show right now is Little People, Big World.

Favorites of mine highlighted in blue.

CSI
Law & Order
Criminal Minds
NCIS
The Mentalist
The Unit
Dexter
Prison Break
Bones
Eleventh Hour
Numb3rs
Flashpoint
Cold Case
Without A Trace
The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson
The Big Bang Theory, That 70's Show, Old Christine
British comedy: As Time Goes By, Blackadder, Fawlty Towers, Good Neighbors, Thin Blue Line, Mr. Bean, Red Dwarf, etc.
PBS: Nature, Nova, Frontline, Masterpiece Theatre,
Secrets Of The Dead, etc.

Again, my favorites in blue.

I get very irate that Smallville and Ugly Betty are on at the SAME TIME! :mad: All this time there isn't any favorite show of mine on, then they have to schedule two of my favorites at the same time!

Other favorites of mine...

Past:
Alien Nation
Eek! The Cat
Starman series

Present:
Heroes
Project Runway
The Universe

I'm sure there are others I'm just not thinking of at the time...