Favourite Songs?

ruperty

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
What is your favourite acoustic song? I want to learn to play a new song on the acoustic guitar and don't know which to choose. I've just learnt let zep and jose gonzalez, but what next?

dannymawg

Experimental Member
Media
This is what happens when you try to use acoustic guitars to pick up chicks :biggrin1:

I think this guy did a beautiful job with Stephan Bishop's "On And On".

I say drink a lot of coffee and learn this - I always thought it would make for a fun solo performance...

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

ruperty

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
that indigo girls song 'joking' and the song from the second post 'in the aeroplane over the sea' are using exactly the same four chords, just a little faster by indigo girls. coincidence.

ruperty

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
i'm seeing patterns emerging in songs here - those two repeated chords in the pink floyd song are the first two chords of the last two songs i mentioned. there must be something about those notes! all good songs tho, thanks :)

southwest

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Damaged by Plumb is right up there for me, it's a heartfelt song that touches me on so many levels Wow. The links below are for two fan videos on Youtube. The first uses very powerful images (nothing graphic) and interprets the song in terms of sexual abuse, I found the imagery had a big impact on me when I first watched it.
The second link to Youtube portrays the song as romantic fragility.

YOUTUBE PLUMB DAMAGED LINK 1

YOUTUBE PLUMB DAMAGED LINK 2