FCC up to their same old bag of tricks

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Here's a worthy cause for all of us who love our attempted fair and balanced news. The FCC is considering loosening restrictions that would allow a single business or conglomerate to own multiple news outlets in a single market. The result of this is that people in a given area could have very limited access to outside news sources. Can you say 'propaganda'? I thought'cha could.

http://www.stopbigmedia.com/=act

This one's a no brainer, and the letter is already written for you- please send it along.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lex said:
What are these assholes thinking?!?!
Those asshole are thinking that there should be total deregulation of business so as to create a completely free market. The point of doing that is to allow a small number of people to get very very rich by exploiting everyone else, who if this were to happen, would be very very poor. They think it is ok to do this because they were born Republican.

(Lex, I know you know all this, but it felt good saying it anyway.)

My letter is on its way.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks guys. I miss the good old days when Mister Mark would keep us up to date on these kinds of issues. Looks like we're going to have to do our own research to keep abreast of things now, but dammit someone's got to care about open communication or we won't have a site to bitch on.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Moreover, how about some sort of disclosure on political bend for anchors and reporters. Sorry, it took a media disaster for ppl to realize that Dan Rather was a Dem stool. Katie Couric is a huge ally with Hillary. Fox News... will at least everyone knows where they stand. The LA Times = filled with lefties, the Orange CountyReg = filled with righties.

The general populus assumes network news and newspapers are unbiased, when the anchors (who do much of the writing) are clearly biased. Banks need to disclose that they have an interest in a company they report, so shoudl the newsmedia. Left papers hire lefties, right papers hire righties.... and no it's not on the application, but they do read previous work, and it's BLATANT were a reporter/anchor stands on their choice and manner in which they "color" a story.

I think that's worse.... propaganda unknowingly fed. You know what FoxNews is, and NPR, and the LA Times.... but what about everyone else?

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Those are all good points FaceKing. I tend to be more worried about economic ties than political views.

An additional concern was a report I saw about 1.5 years ago about the parent companies of news stations and medical companies/hospitals and how a segment on a "new medical treatment/break through/medicine" is likely a carefully constructed info-mercial and both the medical organization and the new station are owned by the same company.

I appreciate when CNN and other AOL-Time Warner owned organizations let you know in the obvious places where their money is connected.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This one guy owning the whole block started up during the clinton years One example would be my internet service provider AOl owns compuserve and netscape and several others.Oh the clinton 90s blowjobs and burning people to death in waco texas Till the day i die i wil never forget seeing army tanks used on american people And today we worry about someone listening in on a phone line I also agree with lex about the news information aspect of the whole situation I get a news channel to the right and a news channel to the left the real truth lies somewhere in between. Aver wise man said the definition of a good politition is a guy who only steals a little and saves some for the next guy Are information resorses are endless with the internet now So for me its become confusing Any body can print or say anything

ManiacalMadMan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This sort of thing has been happening for years so stop acting so f*cking surprised Teddy the whale Kennedy has his ass in it up to his drunken eyeballs and Rupert Murddoch pulled a similar thing as have many others from all political spectrums
the most unfair and unbalanced thing lately has got to be on these forums alone where all the shouting comes from one side and one side alone and if any one says any thing thats not all liberal all the time they end up ostracized

Back to the FCC though I think you should get used to it its only round 500000 how long will it be until you realize it never will change since all politicians are liars and crooks?

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
ManiacalMadMan said:
the most unfair and unbalanced thing lately has got to be on these forums alone where all the shouting comes from one side and one side alone and if any one says any thing thats not all liberal all the time they end up ostracized
well, that's just because conservatism is stupid.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dr Rock said:
well, that's just because conservatism is stupid.

How do I top that elegant and well-thought out retort.....

Lex... I hear you but that's a bit of a reach. With the level of transparency we are at, in both the private and public sectors... do you think there coudl be some "master plot", with whistlerblowers abound? I think it would be rather difficult.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
ManiacalMadMan said:
Talk about f'ing calling it.... see all of Zora, Stronzo, Matthew, post and all the um... "moderators" of said board.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
faceking said:
Talk about f'ing calling it.... see all of Zora, Stronzo, Matthew, post and all the um... "moderators" of said board.

Awww ... :baby:

Does baby need a facial?

Glad to know I'm on your mind, faceking. :wink:

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
madame_zora said:
Here's a worthy cause for all of us who love our attempted fair and balanced news. The FCC is considering loosening restrictions that would allow a single business or conglomerate to own multiple news outlets in a single market. The result of this is that people in a given area could have very limited access to outside news sources. Can you say 'propaganda'? I thought'cha could.

http://www.stopbigmedia.com/=act

Probably a stupid question but this made me think of the PBS thread Stronzo started recently. Is PBS truly in 'public' i.e. State or federal ownership? If not would it be then also subject to deregulation and thus be prey to hostile takeover and unfair competition? Or, if it is in public ownership do you think the funding subsidy issue was just a prelude to fully de-funding it and thus leaving it to 'fend' for itself?

I expect I could trawl for hours and find out but you will know this far better than I.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
faceking said:
Lex... I hear you but that's a bit of a reach. With the level of transparency we are at, in both the private and public sectors... do you think there coudl be some "master plot", with whistlerblowers abound? I think it would be rather difficult.

A reach? They documented instances where these infomercials had happened. I did not make this up.

faceking said:

The fact that there would be liberal moderators on a board that talks about subjects that most conservatives would not ALLOW us to discuss should surprise no one. So, yes, thank the LIBERALS for your fucking right to be here as a straight man with "deviant" thoughts that go against conservative group think. Spewing your cum across the internet is not something GW probably thinks you should be doing.

Also--several moderators ARE more conservative and Republican. It's a rather balanced group overall.

See? You're still here, handsome.

Let's not equate the battle to control the FCC to a privately owned website who liberal slants helps EVERYONE. Next.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lex said:
The fact that there would be liberal moderators on a board that talks about subjects that most conservatives would not ALLOW us to discuss should surprise no one. So, yes, thank the LIBERALS for your fucking right to be here as a straight man with "deviant" thoughts that go against conservative group think.

Kinda like the 60's when it was the GOP who was pro-civil rights, and the Truman Democrats and the New Englands sophistocraps who were the ones shitting out of their hypocritical arses???!!!

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lex said:
Also--several moderators ARE more conservative and Republican. It's a rather balanced group overall.

Fucking name them. And give us the break down... since we're seemingly so adept at disclosure here...

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lex said:
A reach? They documented instances where these infomercials had happened. I did not make this up.

The fact that there would be liberal moderators on a board that talks about subjects that most conservatives would not ALLOW us to discuss should surprise no one. So, yes, thank the LIBERALS for your fucking right to be here as a straight man with "deviant" thoughts that go against conservative group think. Spewing your cum across the internet is not something GW probably thinks you should be doing.

See? You're still here, handsome.

Let's not equate the battle to control the FCC to a privately owned website who liberal slants helps EVERYONE. Next.

Lex, you just don't know how to party! What fun would it be for anyone if they couldn't "challenge the authority figures". These are the same frustrated geeks from high school who were sure the hall monitor had singled them out.
Too wimpy to actually take any responsibility to DO anything for their country, they sit here and whine about the mods on a dick site as if they're challenging the constitution itself!

Go ahead fuckwads, I don't respect your opinions in the least, but I'll still defend your right to say them here. Just realise that if this is all you to do promote your opinions, you're wasting your breath. Be glad people like me, horrible cunt that I am, are willing to fight for your right to be stupid, that's free speech to the best of my ability.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
uncut said:
This one guy owning the whole block started up during the clinton years One example would be my internet service provider AOl owns compuserve and netscape and several others.Oh the clinton 90s blowjobs and burning people to death in waco texas Till the day i die i wil never forget seeing army tanks used on american people And today we worry about someone listening in on a phone line I also agree with lex about the news information aspect of the whole situation I get a news channel to the right and a news channel to the left the real truth lies somewhere in between. Aver wise man said the definition of a good politition is a guy who only steals a little and saves some for the next guy Are information resorses are endless with the internet now So for me its become confusing Any body can print or say anything

Dude, punctuation is free. I have no idea what you're trying to say, but this hardly started with Clinton! Perhaps you've heard of a family called "Rockefeller"?