FDA bans gay men from sperm donation

Sabln7

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by surferboy@May 6 2005, 12:29 AM
That is the most disgusting article I've read in a long time. This government is starting to fuckin disgust me :(
[post=308396]Quoted post[/post]​

I have been disgusted a long time. We all have to get disgusted enough to vote for a change. It is never good for one party to control all branches of the government. We need a balance so that both parties are forced to compromise and moderate. VOTE.

db03

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
America is a lot more conservative then us europeans are led to believe.

Introducing such laws is a step backward for human rights in my book.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
This new rule is revolting. It is based on politics and not on scientific testing. If I need a blood transfusion, I want to know that it is safe. I want it completely tested with the best testing equipment available right now.

It doesn't matter to me about the STATISTICS. If the donor happens to be on the wrong side of the statistics then I have the disease. So if only 1 in 100,000 have it, wouldn't hurt to test for it.

On the other hand if 90,000 out of 100,000 have it, and I have absolute proof that the donor DOESN'T have it, then I would accept the donor's blood.

This should be only about scienctific data and ALL should be tested. Period. Same rules for everyone. The cost is the same for testing for all so economics is NOT a factor.

Sure, ask if the person is HIV Positive or has aids. We can ask if someone is gay and has had a anal sex. And that person can lie. If it is a closeted person with significant family member around, he or she is going to lie about it for sure.

THIS IS JUST AN ATTEMPT TO PUT DOWN, IN ANYWAY POSSIBLE, ALL GAY, BI AND LESBIAN BEHAVIOR. This has nothing to do with disease control.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper+May 5 2005, 06:47 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DoubleMeatWhopper &#064; May 5 2005, 06:47 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-jonb@May 5 2005, 11:20 PM
Well, gays can&#39;t be Arabic translators.

Apparently they can. I know two gay Arabic translators at the UN.
[post=308438]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
I meant at the Pentagon.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by Freddie53@May 6 2005, 12:21 PM
THIS IS JUST AN ATTEMPT TO PUT DOWN, IN ANYWAY POSSIBLE, ALL GAY, BI AND LESBIAN BEHAVIOR. This has nothing to do with disease control.
[post=308667]Quoted post[/post]​
I don&#39;t think lesbians have to worry about AIDS. Exclusive lesbians only have to worry about IV drugs.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Originally posted by jonb+May 6 2005, 05:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jonb &#064; May 6 2005, 05:45 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Freddie53@May 6 2005, 12:21 PM
[post=308667]Quoted post[/post]​
I don&#39;t think lesbians have to worry about AIDS. Exclusive lesbians only have to worry about IV drugs.
[post=308713]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
True and I doubt many lesbians will volunteer sperm either. I just included them in the mix of people the this government will discriminate against and rail against if given a chance.

I did not realize that if a lesbian had aids, she could not give it to a female partner. I know the chances are less, but I didn&#39;t know it was impossible. Some women can get aids from men. Somehow it is mainly women who have aids in Africa, though I don&#39;t know why.

An explanation would be appreciated.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Studies from HIV serosurveys among women attending sexually transmitted disease clinics and women&#39;s health clinics also suggest that HIV infection in lesbian and bisexual women is closely associated with injection drug use or to sexual contact with men at increased risk for HIV infection. These data do not exclude the possibility of female-to-female sexual transmission of HIV, but they do indicate that it is rare.

However rare such transmission may be, women who have sexual contact with other women need to be aware of the potential for infection with HIV, including the risk behaviors of their sex partners. Lesbian women should know that vaginal and cervical secretions and menstrual blood are potentially infectious and that mucous membrane (e.g., oral, vaginal) contact with infected blood or secretions can lead to HIV transmission.

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Originally posted by TexAssgirl@May 5 2005, 09:33 PM
"The part I find most offensive -- and a little frightening -- is that it isn&#39;t based on good science,"
[post=308413]Quoted post[/post]​
Well, the political right has never exactly been big fans of science, now have they?

Witness the evolution vs. "creationism" debate... :evilgrin:

Landshark77

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by yaoifun@May 5 2005, 06:15 PM
That&#39;s retarded&#33; *chalks up another point on the shortsighted bias and prejudice board* *sigh* what else is new? Pretty soon hes gonna tell us gay people can hold government jobs, have to be registered as gay, and it must be on their license >.> whatever
[post=308381]Quoted post[/post]​

I concur. Go rent the movie X-Men and X-Men 2. If you pay attention to the plot and some of the dialogue, you can apply that to fags... opps I mean homosexuals and society today.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by steve319@May 6 2005, 07:02 PM
Well, the political right has never exactly been big fans of science, now have they?

Witness the evolution vs. "creationism" debate... :evilgrin:

[post=308777]Quoted post[/post]​
And The Bell Curve. And abstinence education. And ANWR. And global warming. Actually, the whole think tank thing is anti-science by nature.

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper+May 6 2005, 01:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DoubleMeatWhopper &#064; May 6 2005, 01:28 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-TexAssgirl@May 6 2005, 05:16 PM
Mmmmm, cajun?  I loves cajun&#33;
[post=308609]Quoted post[/post]​

Sorry, but I don&#39;t cook Cajun. I have never lived in Cajun country. But I did live in New Orleans, so I can cook Creole&#33;
[post=308611]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

ha/ha I have to admit that I never realized that some people differentiated between the two. Your comment prompted me to do a little research and now I find that I&#39;m a tad more educated on one of my favorite styles of food.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by TexAssgirl@May 8 2005, 01:21 AM
I have to admit that I never realized that some people differentiated between the two.

It&#39;s more than just food. The Cajuns are in southwest Louisiana, and their language is basically seventeenth century Canadian French with some Spanish, African and English loanwords. Creole, however, is indigenous to the New Orleans area and the Caribbean and has much more Spanish and African/Caribbean loanwords than does Cajun. The few Cajuns you find in New Orleans are the country bumpkins who moved to the big city. Cajun and Creole are not mutually intelligible, and the same can be said of their cultures and cuisine. Even dishes that have a common name are different in the two cultures. Cajun gumbo and Creole gumbo are two different animals, and anyone who has lived in South Louisiana for any reasonable length of time will have no trouble distinguishing the two. Cajun food is okay, but I much prefer Creole, probably because it shares many features with Cuban food.

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper@May 7 2005, 11:43 PM
Cajun food is okay, but I much prefer Creole, probably because it shares many features with Cuban food.
[post=309111]Quoted post[/post]​

HEY&#33;

Speaking of Cuban food and Sperm banks--DMW, your past due to make a deposite to my mouth beoytch. Now get to it, and afterwords I&#39;ll decide if you owe me a 35&#036; over-thel-limit fee. ;)

- Romey *Cracking his knuckles and diving back into LPSG now that the semester is OVER&#33;*

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by ashlar@May 8 2005, 09:01 AM
Speaking of Cuban food and Sperm banks--DMW, your past due to make a deposite to my mouth

When I tried to make my deposit, you were too sleepy ... something about too much school work. But you were sleeping on your stomach, so I left it in your ... um ... &#39;night depository&#39;. Now you know why some people call me &#39;a pain in the ass&#39;&#33; :D

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper+May 8 2005, 02:09 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DoubleMeatWhopper &#064; May 8 2005, 02:09 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-ashlar@May 8 2005, 09:01 AM
Speaking of Cuban food and Sperm banks--DMW, your past due to make a deposite to my mouth

When I tried to make my deposit, you were too sleepy ... something about too much school work. But you were sleeping on your stomach, so I left it in your ... um ... &#39;night depository&#39;. Now you know why some people call me &#39;a pain in the ass&#39;&#33; :D
[post=309270]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

*LOL*

*hugs DMW* I don&#39;t know that I&#39;d call it a pain. Reguardless ... I&#39;m awake now and not busy. YAY&#33;