Fear the str8 man...

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Rugbypup, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Rugbypup

Gold Member

Albums:
    This has kinda come out of another thread but ineresting none the less.

Do any other gay guys in here find str8 men way too intimidating or threatning, more so than other gay guys could be?

Personally, str8 men do kinda frighten the shite out of me and am wondering if im alone here? I know there not all nasty bastards by any means and that I've most likey just met a few rough ones, but still.

Like wise, in the interest in fairness, str8 men, do gay guys generally frighten you?

2. drrionelli

drrionelli New Member

Rugbypup, you seem to be obsessing about this just a bit, my friend!

Let me ask you a question: I don't know whether you're black, white, Asian, or whatever. Do those not of your own ethnic background make you fearful?

Or, consider me...I'm physically a fairly large guy. Do large people (tall, large framed) make you fearful?

I'm not being snide, pal, but why don't you just tell us what it is that you fear about people? As I said in another thread of this type (which you started), we're not out to hurt you! We'll protect you, here...you're safe!

3. Rugbypup

Gold Member

Albums:
    lol, thank you drrionelli, but no, im just your average run of the mill white bloke and i hope im not obsessing, my apologies if it seem that way, was mearly intreaged in people views or the discussion is all. :)

4. OmahaBeef

Gold Member

I have an appearance that can scare the hell out of a lot of folks, man, woman, child, gay, or straight.

Years ago, I had to learn that in order to give an element of relaxation among people near me, was to be overly kind and smile more than normal. It makes me uncomfortable when anyone feels wrongfully intimidated by me.

That being said, I am not scared around anyone, gay or straight. I feel bad when they are scared of me, and I do what I can to put them at ease right off the bat.

I can empathize with your plight Rugby, in that your sexuality can, in some instances, be cause for alarm around the wrong person. Not all straight guys are cool around gays, but I am glad to say I am not one of those guys.

Oh...and on the other thread you were referring to, when I had my pictures up, I had no problems with compliments from gay men. The only thing that made me feel uneasy was when they didn't quite grasp that I was straight and them going far beyond the complimentary stage.

Good luck bud...

...OB

5. B_dan_n_stpete

B_dan_n_stpete New Member

Albums:
    I'm 100% gay and small frame type of guy I just don't get intimidated or feel threated at all.

6. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

I find gay men much more intimidating then straight men

7. hotguy8884

hotguy8884 New Member

I think the only intimidating thing about straight men is that they are the most likely to be homophobic towards gay men.

I know lots of straight people that I am not intimidated by, but there are a few straight guys that I would not commune with because I know they are extremely homophobic, and I would fear emotional and physical attacks.

I am one of those gay guys that seems like a straight guy, so I don't usually get intimidated around people. But as soon as anyone knows about my sexual orientation, I sort of seize up. I assume it is fear of being judged by them. It's never really anything about being intimidated physically.

Rob <3

8. Kimahri

Gold Member

Albums:
    I come from a rough background. Straight guys generally don't intimidate me. And the ones that do, I go and hit on.

Because I'm crazy like that.

No really...I do hit on straight guys.

:)

9. hotguy8884

hotguy8884 New Member

Haha, Kimahri, you're awesome!!

Rob <3

10. simcha

Gold Member

I'm a big guy. I don't generally feel intimidated by straight men. People are sometimes intimidated by me though.

11. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

Straight black guy enters the ring, seems to be nothing but limbs (very, very long arms, very long legs) and no anxiety, intimidated me.

Tall, straight muscular forward who had tackled a couple of guys on the pitch in a previous match, sending them out of the game and into out-patient therapy, now faces me, standing between me and my scoring a try, intimidated me.

Other than that, no.

12. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

actually, on second thought, I'm sometimes intimidated by straight men who are being friendly with a straight guy that I would like to buddy up to ... almost as if I'm afraid, with that other guy around, I wouldn't stand a chance of being friends with the first guy, simply they are both straight, and share some sort of natural bond, already

13. slate_australis

slate_australis New Member

Albums:
  14. Principessa

Gold Member

15. KYKatgirl

KYKatgirl New Member

My best friend/roomie from way back always hit on straight guys because he knew without a doubt that all me are gay.

16. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

RE: My best friend/roomie from way back always hit on straight guys because he knew without a doubt that all me are gay.

LOL ... wish that were true!

17. mountainguy

mountainguy New Member

Not particularly. I'm friends with a lot of my male co-workers, but then again, people in my line of work (higher education) tend to be liberal and open-minded.

18. Rugbypup

Gold Member

Albums:
    Perhaps the fear of hetro men has a name i wonder? Str8ophobic maybe lol?

19. Beef Stroganoff

Beef Stroganoff New Member

I've always been pretty good at getting along with blokes, straight or gay. Maybe it helps that I'm not nelly and unless I were to bend you over a pooltable whilst ramming my cue up your arse Mathias Von Fistinberg style, you'd never know I like dick. Or it could be that I don't have all that many gay friends, most being het to my knowledge. Whatever the case, I don't get intimidated by people as anyone who would offer himself up as a threat to me would get a right royal thrashing of the UFC variety.

20. danbala

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I wouldn't say big aggressive guys intimidate me but they do make me jealous often. Maybe I've just been a nice guy for too long I would love to be a big fat big balled jerk for once. However my BF is one of those intimidating guys and he's not as happy as i would expect. guess it is tough to try and control everyone in your world.

That said I also (lightly) hit on straight men, but I can always tell who I can get away with it with. One really hairy guy appreciates my compliments as most guys make fun of his man sweater.

Draft saved Draft deleted