Feedback from radio personality on political interviews

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_starinvestor, Apr 8, 2009.

1. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

I met with a local radio personality yesterday and asked about some peeps that had been on the show. Here was the feedback:

Tim Robbins - Laid back and friendly. Asked for Dunkin Donuts coffee. Subtle, soft-spoken, nice guy.

Rachel Maddow - Extremely intelligent, engaging, thoughtful. Impressive and great interview; was a big hit in the studio

Keith Olbermann - Pretentious, rude, condescending; acted as if each minute was an increasing waste of his time. Will never be asked back.

Sean Hannity - surprisingly humorous, polite, upbeat, knowledgeable.

Anyway, I was surprised about Robbins - I figured he would be a jerk.

Olbermann - I figured as much.

2. sparky11point5

sparky11point5 New Member

Interesting, Star.

I am totally in love with Rachel. She is a New Englander and Rhodes Scholar, so she must be smart.

Keith must have been having a bad day. :) He did however have a nice item on the death of his mother though.

Hannity is the spawn of Satan. Being nice in person just proves it.

3. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

Evidently, Maddow was engaging clerical people in conversation and remembered even interns by name when she later called into the show.

Another interesting side note, is that Hannity is evidently a good friend of bigtime liberal Jerry Springer. Who'd have thunk it.

4. nudeyorker

Gold Member

There is no real surprise to me except you would think that Keith Olbermann would know better. People go on the radio or television to sell a book, movie, television show or a cause. They have to be nice they have Q-Ratings to worry about. It's at the Sports Bar at the Hyatt Hotel you tend to see peoples true colors!
    PS I interviewed to be on the legal team of one of the people represented in this thread and decided that I was aging too fast without the additional stress...BTW he/she is nothing like they seem. It's all about selling those sponsors and getting those ratings.

#4 nudeyorker, Apr 8, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
Draft saved Draft deleted