feeling depressed...

XXLHS: :( I am feeling depressed... anyone have anything good to say about anything. Life sucks here, bored, lonely and well stuck. I am not one to complain and never to post about it, but this I guess is my exception.

*sigh* :(

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi XXLHS,

You have company. I remember last fall I asked a question about the temperaments of individuals on the site. What I guessed to a great extent was borne out in the results of the personality tests. There were a number of individuals who were introverted and also tended towards melancholia. That being said I am sorry that you are feeling down. One thing i have read is that true depression is a result of a deficiency in Serotonin in the brain. One of the natural generators of serotonin is Physical exercise. I am sure you have heard of the "runner's high"? Well I've heard that just 1/2 an hour a day can dramatically alter your mood. I hope you do feel better soon and hang in there. You are actually stronger than you think.

Naughty

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Oh yeah, and sunlight works too! While you're plopped down in front of the computer, open a window, and every few minutes or so, just stare outside. Don't look directly at the sun, but just bask in the glow of it. Thirty minutes or so of this, and you'll feel better!

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Hi, XXLHS -- Here's something for you to feel good about: This group that you're on offers support for many things other than penis size. If you have IM, many of us here would be happy to chat with you, try to help you feel more positive about things. I've always been amazed, given how all of us on this board are united by a relatively superficial trait, how warm, friendly and helpful so many of the members are when you get to know them a bit more than is possible just by reading posts.

Just my two cents' worth ... and I hope things turn up for you soon!

Steve :)

Ecchi

Experimental Member
Media
Dee speaks the truth. This works for me alot. Granted we all got things wrong with our lives. I'm a depressive anyway, so I'm always looking on the downside. But thats why ya got friends, to pull ya up and help ya enjoy life.

We luv ya, XXHLS. *HUGGS*

B_Black11

Just Browsing
Media
I believe very strongly that we as individuals have to take responsibility for our own happiness. It would be nice to think that the things in life that would make us happy would simply just come our way, but it often doesn't turn out that way.

I like to plan and work for the things that make me smile and also keep up with the things that contribute to this. I know that sounds vague but it really works. Make a short list in your head of the things you like and then try to realize them.

Hope that helps!

BRMSTN69: Dude, I'm feeling the same way right now,I even called out at work(which is somthing I NEVER do) and I'm sitting here with "speckles" (a mini lop rabbit) hoping somthing warm and fuzzy will lighten my mood

XXLHS: Thanks all, I am feeling somewhat better, got out and ran some errands that I needed - Cat food, mail and more mail... its no sunny in my area today, looks like rain and cooled down alot. I was thinking of something like a hot coffee or something along that line.

I appreciate all the posts, that really helped. I guess I was just feeling rather alone... and that was a nice boost to come back and see that many of you too time. I am going to go curl up with a blanket and a coffee and watch TV witht he cat (probably take the laptop and all of you too...lol... but you have to bring your own coffee...) :p

B_Black11

Just Browsing
Media
This is just me but sometimes I like to go out and get my favorite foods, a nice DVD that I love and just curl up.

Pampering yourself can make you feel better..

tlongland

Experimental Member
Media
I agree BB11.

For years now, I have been telling folks who are down to go out and eat a big meal. A full stomach leaves you to know that at least Mom loves you.

Friends I've told this to have later told me they had a terrible day and felt awful. They immediately said that they went out for a big dinner and feel better. :)

Pampering oneself is a good thing.

Tom L.

Hapi Papi: XXLHS, misery loves company right? Want some? Ok, I'll paddle on this side of the boat and you paddle that side!

"Life sucks here, bored, lonely and well stuck."

You said it all, just how I've been feeling. I wish I could cheer you up, but I'm here with you.

XXLHS: Well, hmmm... wow... I don't feel alone now, somewhat depressed, but sorry to know that others are feeling the pinch too. My thing is stress I think... more and more I am feeling like people in and around me bore the crap out of me... I feel like lazarus (or was it someone else, guess you know I am not religious) or Lott looking for one good conversation with someone in my RL surroundings... and finding none...

You are right, the LPSG has some nice people and good conversations on it...and I am touched and much appreciate the posts. I am also with you all who posted you are feeling down. I think a lot of people are... everywhere. It seems like no one does anything anymore out there... I see people walking and talking and buying but no real activity... maybe its my own lack of envolvement, but in each and everyway life is becoming more a dream then concrete - and I don't mean in a wacked out way like some nut... but more like agreement that life is a moment to be understood, but it's ok if things don't happen, rather then happen. Maybe I am going Zen on you all... I feel like I am different and detached from the mundain, but not in an egotistical way.. and I am a better speller after three beers apparently... must be why I got 4.0s in university...anyway, I have begun to look for the cherry blossoms if anyone follows that... you know what I mean - where my mind is at.

Anyway, things will improve with time I am sure for us all, all things really do come to thoughs who wait, but work to an end....

Thank you all for the posts and well, keep the thread going and we can all work on it together... night for now. 3:11 here so night.

joeybehr46: when I am bored and upset and lonely which is hardly ever these days. I go walks in the woods and listen to nature and how the animals are talking to me or trying to communicate.

I realize my life is not so hard tough but not hard. And I think about how my mom is doing and knowing that her life is going on the downside of life and think all the good times we had when I was a child and that cheers me up immersely.

And when nothing else works, I say whine at work, look sullen and some will give you a morale boost but giving you a big hug and kiss. Works for me and now about you...

A BIG HUG AND KISS FOR YOU

<kiss kiss> <hug hug>