feeling for an old friend

rockyroll86

1st Like
Media
Okay I just talked to one of my old friends today he used to live down the street from me some years ago,we tried to start a band together and stuff. Him and my sister knew each other too. My sis found him on myspace and gave him the home number, And he called thats how I talked to him. I just want to tell him that I had it for him, he is straight I think and He thinks I am too all the way I think, He said he was living with one of his girl friends when I talked to him once earlier,I just want to know if he is bi or anything with out spoiling the friendship.What should I do and How should I tell him.I want to call him tomorow when I have the house to my self, and I really want to know if he is bi or something what should I do.I don't want To creep him out or ruin any friendship he has with me.

funguy44

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I would be careful. You could easily ruin the friendship. Just watch his myspace and see if there are any indications. What good would knowing do anyway?

vindicator

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Well, it sounds like you havent talked in a long time, so why not just get to know each other again and see what happens. If you come right out and say it, it might be not so good. Does he live near you?

Smartalk

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I agree to suddenly get in touch and then tell him your gay or have feeling for him, is more likely to scare him off. I am sure he would see it as the reason you made the effort to contact him was purely to try and get in his pants, butting it very bluntly. As vindicator said take the time to get to know each other again. You may not like him anymore, people do change in many ways. One step at a time, I am a firm believer that what is meant to be will be. Watch this space.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Smartalk

rockyroll86

1st Like
Media
I don't know I just do not want to start a big feud, I mean I don't want him to be freaked out, In plus he said he had and lived with his girl friend a couple of months ago when I talked to him it even says that hes in a relationship on his Myspace profile. I don't know, maybe I should just leave it alone and back off.

horton

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well, it sounds like you havent talked in a long time, so why not just get to know each other again and see what happens. If you come right out and say it, it might be not so good.
Exactly! If you get re-aquainted with him, you'll probably know soon enough.

I lived with a college roomate for 3 years. We were best of friends, and I never realized he was gay until several years later. Made me realize that it is perfectly normal for gay men to have close relationships with other men that are completely non-sexual. Also "cured" me, early in life, of any inclination to judge anyone based on sexual orientation.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Take your own advice, leave it alone and back off. Why not just try to build the friendship aspect since that is what you really have in common. Sometimes a fantasy can really get in the way of what might be a better reality.

beltboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Krap, I know the scenario all too well. That kind of longing is not easy to reconcile...You have to be mindful as you speak with him...see where its going...if he is open at all. Could you arrange to meet?

rockyroll86

1st Like
Media
The day before yesterday I contacted him on Myspace to say thank you for calling it was nice to hear from you and how was his family and all,my sister and he knew each other too, he replied back and said everyone was well and other stuff and told me to tell my sister that he will call her in a little bit, but he never did. When he called that day when I talked to him for the first time again on the phone, I picked up the phone, he said can i speak to your sister i said hold on Ill get her, he said is this my sisters cant say her name on here, he said was this her brother I said yes, i said who is this he said his name and he used to live down the street,I said hey how are you man, and I didnt know who this was at first he kind of laghed, he said im doing fine or something, and I think he said what I been up too i said nothing much,we talked for a little while then he started talking to my sister too.Him and I were friends too, we met through my sister we both tryed to start a band once. And I think he lives with his girlfriend now and out of his parents house he is 19 I am 22. I don't know, maybe I am getting too caread away about the whole thing,I just dont want to creep him out or anything,and don't want him to tell my sister if he gets freaked out.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Hate to tell you, buddy, but it doesn't sound to me like there's anything to talk about at this point. You barely know the guy, really. He's living with his girlfriend and you haven't seen him in forever. Maybe, if and when you see him and after you really reconnect you'll get a sense that it's appropriate to tell him about the attraction you feel but not now.

rockyroll86

1st Like
Media
I know, I am kind of over it now, I am not really worrying about it anymore, I have better things to do with my life. Thanks for the advice though guys. Peace Out:smile: