Feeling like cramping in area of prostate

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by gator1, Jul 29, 2007.

1. gator1

gator1 Member

Occasionally, especially when I have not ejaculated for a few days, immediately after I do I have a feeling that I am having a cramp in my rectum that feels like the area of my prostate. :eek: This is whether I am masturbating or having intercourse with my wife, if has been more than 4 days or so since I came. Doesn't happen everytime, and the feeling lasts anywhere from a minute to 10 minutes. Also, nothing has been in my rectum, lol:biggrin1:.

Has anyone else ever experienced this or have any idea what it might be?:confused:

2. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

I have had it happen to me before. Sometimes, the pain is pretty intense. I have no idea what causes it. If you find out, let us know.

3. gator1

gator1 Member

At least I know I'm not the only one!

4. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

Considering all the things that I have experienced since the wreck last year, you should be concerned. Go talk to a Urologist. I have an appointment in October for the finger. Thank goodness he has small hands.

5. B_Italian1

B_Italian1 New Member

I developed prostate pain about 13 years years ago. The first time I ever noticed it was when I ejaculated after taking some cold medication. It was a cramp like sensation and very uncomfortable. A lot of those meds affect the prostate, and it's on the label that you shouldn't take them if you have an enlarged prostate, as they can cause trouble urinating. I don't have uriantion problems, so I'm not sure what happened in my case but it was a nightmare.

I saw urologist after urologist, and was told I had prostatitis even though I never showed signs of an infection. Sometimes I was given an antibiotic which did help. According to urologists, this sometimes happens because the patient has a low grade infection which is undetected by tests. I was on all kinds of pain killers, antibiotics, and herbs like saw palmetto, and pygeum. I even tried accupuncture and chiropractors. I was finally diagnosed with prostatodynia and have more or less been symptom free for about the past 8 years.

There is a prostatitis website and prostate problems are very common in guys of all ages. But the problem is they still don't know how to treat it. There's the nonbacterial type, bacterial, and also prostatodynia which is just pain.

I found drinking a lot of water helps, not sitting down as much, exercise, and something called quercetin which is a bioflavinoid. Quercetin cools down the irritation, so whenever I have a problem I get a bottle of it and take it until the bottle is gone.

The Prostatitis Foundation

Quercetin Is Promising for Chronic Prostatitis

6. Kauri Tree

Kauri Tree Active Member

If you are cramping up your rectum it's more likely your anal sphyncter contracting too rapidly that may cause you pain. You may be somewhat dehydrated or you might have sweated out lots of minerals. Try to drink lots of fluids and eat bananas, a rich source of potassium.

Draft saved Draft deleted