Feelings for Friend

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Kaniz, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Kaniz

Kaniz New Member

Well this is another story for a gay guy falling for a straight guy. Something I really hate. For the past few months I've been having feelings for a friend of mine. At first i thought it was just sexual feelings nothing more but it sorta grew passing the time. It's the way he looks at me that captures me and the way he is around me but I know that nothing can happen because he is just a friend who is straight as fuck. I knew this from the very beginning but yet I still fell for him. Now he's trying to get a girl and it sorta broke me when he told me how much he likes her. I just don't know if it affected me because i liked him or because I know he will not be the same awesome friend as always. I just wanna know how to get rid of this feelings, I don't like them at all. Just to not end this in a really sad tone I'll leave this here :biggrin1: Gotta keep my head up right?

2. kscird

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I like to think of straight guys as celebrities, they are hot and fun to fantasize about them but thats it. the chances of you ending up together are slim. Though you are close with this friend you can't expect more from that, and beating yourself up about its no bueno.

3. Kaniz

Kaniz New Member

Haha yea, that's pretty much what it is celebrities. I guess just as long as he keeps being my close friend that's good enough for me.

4. hungboy18

hungboy18 New Member

Albums:
    I feel the same about one of my friends, I've known him for about 3 years now, but lately I got to know another side of him, well he's 18, he was 14 when we first started talking, so it's not like he hasn't had time to change since then. But back to the point, I think it's pretty natural for a person to like or even fall in love with another, that's how straight people fall in love and even though he won't ever feel the same about you, well it doesn't change anything, you feel what you feel.

my friend is straight too, and he has a girlfriend, she's my friend too, but the truth is, I feel like I'd fall in love with him in a heartbeat if we ever had anything, because I enjoy his personality and the way he treats people he likes, he's very closed to outsiders and people he doesn't see as real friends.

Try to be a better friend, I started thinking about my feelings about him as a love for a friend, because in a way, that's what it is, I know there will never be any romance involved, so I'll enjoy everything else about our "relationship".

5. hungboy18

hungboy18 New Member

Albums:
    that's a very good way to look at it and you have a nice ass ;)

6. kscird

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    omg thanks! you are really cute yourself sir.:biggrin1:

7. rbkwp

Gold Member

Albums:
    Sounds like yr both going to naturally and beautifully grow out of it all, just something many of us go thru i think, and you two (Kaniz / hungboy18)sure sound as tho yr handling it with the deepest respect for your straight friends.
    Keep on at it, the way you are guys, just a matter of living thru & with it i reckon.

All the BEST, think its just time and a lot of heartbreak huh?

8. Willifred

Willifred New Member

Isn't this very similar to a recent thread about a guy who was in love with a married chap?

9. rbkwp

Gold Member

Albums:
    sn't this very similar to a recent thread about a guy who was in love with a married chap?

Hardly think so, that guy joined 3 weeks ago, and has now changed his whole operative mode, GOOD for him to......

10. Mr_Bulldog

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I know this situation all to well myself and it can't really be helped.

11. Kaniz

Kaniz New Member

I guess it's just a passage for gay guys. All of us just grow out of it eventually.
    :\

12. Uh Huh!

Uh Huh! Member

13. Mr_Bulldog

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I had feelings for an incredibly close friend and I say had because I had to repress them because he is both straight and now getting married

Draft saved Draft deleted