Feelings towards parental units

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Northland, May 20, 2010.

?

How do you feel towards your parents?

Poll closed Feb 12, 2013.
  1. My dad was circumcised but hated me so I wasn't and I detest him

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. My dad was uncircumcised but hated me so I was and I detest him

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. My dad was circumcised and loved me enough to do the same to me and I love him

17.6%
  4. My dad was uncircumcised and loved me enough to leave me uncircumcised and I love him

35.3%
  5. I don't know what my dad's status was and hate him for not telling me

5.9%
  6. I don't know what my dad's status was and love him for not burdening me with that visual

5.9%
  7. My mom was responsible for me being circumcised and I detest her

5.9%
  8. My mom left me uncircumcised and I detest her

11.8%
  9. My mom had me circumcised and I love her

17.6%
  10. My mom left me uncircumcised and I love her

5.9%
  1. Northland

Gold Member

In this poll, I am looking to learn if being circumcised or uncircumcised changes how we feel about our parents.

2. JTalbain

Gold Member

I don't think my choice is on there. My father is circumcised, and he got me cut in a "like father like son" kind of mentality. My mother actually refused to sign the paper, because she had worked as a volunteer for the Red Cross giving medical care for needy families, and she had seen a couple of circumcisions done. My father didn't even think twice, and he probably figured it was probably very inconsequential.

Anyway, detest is kind of a strong word, but I do bear feelings of annoyance, so we'll have to go with that. But is there a choice for "Dad is cut, so am I, not happy with it?" Doesn't this poll assume that if your circumcision status matches your father's you love him more for it?

3. B_625girth

B_625girth New Member

you left out a simple "no". geez, what is the big deal over whether you were circumcised or not. I am, I have 3 sons, and they are. my wife and I discussed this for 30 seconds almost 28 yrs ago, and it has never been discussed since by me, my wife or my sons.

4. B_quietguy

B_quietguy New Member

None of the above. The poll is rather simplistic.

5. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    My Dad's circumcised but didn't think it necessary for us - thankfully. :)

And he's cool, incase u were askin, lol.

6. Sapien

Sapien Member

Albums:
    My father was circumcised and my parents had me and all of my brothers circumcised. The same goes for pretty much all of my relatives. I really don't think much thought was put into it. It was something that was just done. The Doctors recommended, spread the propaganda that it was cleaner and healthier. Everyone believed.

Of course when parents make this decision (intact or cut) they do it with the our best interest in mind (except perhaps those that do it for religious reasons where faith takes precedence).

Although I am obviously very anti-circ (RIC) and am very disappointed that my parents made this unwise choice for me I know they did it because they wanted what was best for me. During time period in which I was born there was no resource to obtain accurate information. They simply followed the common practice and the advice of medical profession at the time.

There is no way I would hold my parents accountable in this circumstance. However, nowadays the information is readily available. There is no excuse for a parent not to become fully informed on this subject prior to making such a decision. If I was born today and was responding to this post 20 years from now I would still love my parents but I am not sure that I could completely forgive them for taking this choice away from me.

Draft saved Draft deleted