female circumcision continues

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by SassySpy, Jul 12, 2007.

1. SassySpy

Gold Member

Albums:
  2. Principessa

Gold Member

It's a horrible atrocity which has apparently been occuring in the US as well for exactly the same reasons.:redface: :mad: :eek:

What pisses me off is when some men insist male and female circumcision are the same. They are not. A woman who has a circumcision often dies during recovery. It may take months to heal from a female circumcision whereas a male circumcision heals in a few weeks at most. If she is able to have sex she is NEVER able to enjoy it.

3. MCC

MCC New Member

I think the problem is the name, circumcision implies cutting around, where as mutilation though more emphatic, about sums it up for me.

4. exlinebacker46

exlinebacker46 New Member

Albums:
    oh my god i am horrified to read that post and did not know it even happened,

it is a sad male orientated world we live in which pisses me off who has the right to decide if a female or male should be put through such a practise, do people not have enough to contend with in their lives without being subject to others mis-guided minds

5. dolfette

Gold Member

it's so hard though...i mean, they can't demand to examine the genitals of someone's children based on race...
    the only way is to come down ultra hard when they do find it, so that it sends a clear message.

4 years and no prosicutions is a disgrace!

maybe it should be covered in schools...but how? i think it'd give the kids nightmares.
    but the girls need to know that they can get legal and medical help.

6. D_Hansford Bullshyte

Why people like to do that behaviour ? , I thing it is criminal and need asking by authorties about and how did that , you know they cut senstive female areas like clitoris and sometimes both labia leaving only ugly vaginal orfice !! , such that people need health education to inform them about recent and long complications as .. etc
    - wounds and possible infection in that area
    - recurrent urinary tract infections and complications
    - lack of confidence among small girls .
    - lack of sex enjoyment .
    - complications during labour .
    more and more

7. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

The doctors, parents and anyone associated with this abominable practice should all face hefty prison sentences, it shouldn't be called female circumcision as this trivialises it and to people who don't know the details of it makes it sound acceptable.

8. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

I agree that calling it "circumcision" makes it OK in the minds of the mindless.

The sad part is that for both male and female "circumcisions," the cultures that practice it see it as fine and dandy, normal, acceptable, and desirable. I, for one, think that any cutting of any infant genitalia, to any degree at all, on either gender, should be a felony crime (medically necessary procedures excepted).

9. SteveHd

Gold Member

Are there documented cases in USA after the FGM ban went into effect?
    While it's true that the more common types of FGM -- type II and up -- are much worse than common male circumcision; FGM type I is similar. In line with what MCC wrote, I would like to see the term "female circumcision" used for type I and "genital mutation" for type II and up.
    Infant boys sometime die following a circumcision. There was a recent fatality in England.
    A male circumcision would heal "in a few weeks" if it went o.k. David Reimer lost his penis so he never enjoyed sex and he eventually committed suicide.

We don't need to be saying one is worse than the other. We need to stop all genital cutting on infants and children.

10. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

I just thought these BOTH bear repeating. Over and over. Maybe the mantra will help the sheeple and the morons get it eventually.

11. markw

markw New Member

Albums:

I agree, its a very upsetting story on the BBC, but all types of genital mutilation should be banned. The female mutilation is obviously worse, but why should anyone decide such an act to be carried out on another person?

Just a legalised version of torture.

12. ganja4me

Gold Member

Albums:
    I agree with DC DEEP and SteveHd. I don't think there should be any kind of circumcision done to an infant. Let the boys decide if they want their penis cut when they are old enough to make that decision unless it is a medical reason. Let the girls decide if they want their vagina to be ripped to shreds and bring them no pleasure when they are old enough to decide for themselves.

13. donkeydongle

donkeydongle New Member

Albums:
    I am also sickened by female genital mutilation. I was cut as a kid but I can still function 100%. I would rather have my skin, still but I think that the cliterectomy is a different matter alltogether. I just love to make women cum and this practice is against all that I stand for....

14. SteveHd

Gold Member

donkeydongle, a clitoridectomy definitely is a different matter from a simple circumcision. It's FGM type II verses FGM type I.

ganja4me, it's good to see we agree on something!

Draft saved Draft deleted