Female Condoms

sudas: I don't see this thread here, so I'll start it.

I understand the female condom has been on the market for a few years now. Has anyone tried it? I suppose some of the women who don't need it for birth control or STD prevention, could try some out just for fun :)

Trackers: Yeah female condoms have been out for a while now. I'm pretty sure they're called diaphragms, but I have never tried any.

gigantikok: I think what you're talking about is pretty much a larger condom to be put inside the vagina as opposed to rolled over the penis. Seems a bit pointless to me since male condoms are available and seem to be less of a hassle to use...

sudas: No, the diaphragm is a spermicide-filled bowl (cap?) that is placed against the cervix before sex and left inside after sex. A woman has to be fitted for it. Sorry, ma'am, we don't have one in your size, we'll have to special order it.

The female condom looks like something a man with a huge penis would wear.  It's latex and pushed into the vagina before sex.  The ring stays outside on the vulva.  After sex, it can be removed immediately. I forget whether it can be washed and re-used, but I think not. I smile thinking of the TV image of the female researcher saying she liked trying it with her husband for months. ;) But that's how they test new products. Too bad they didn't show an example, like putting a male condom on the banana!

It's supposed to be an alternative to the condom, with the woman now in control of a barrier method to prevent STD's and pregnancy.  All other female birth control does not protect against STD's. I'd think it would be more comfortable for men who don't like regular condoms (well-endowed or not).

gigantikok: [quote author=sudas link=board=health;num=The female condom looks like something a man with a huge penis would wear.[/quote]
Yup, that's what I meant. Maybe some of the huger guys on this forum that have problems looking for condoms in their size could turn to the female condom! :) It should work just as well!