(female) lockerroom nudity

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by cofrader, Nov 4, 2007.

1. cofrader

cofrader Member

Albums:
    This thread was inspired on another but it was only replied by men. On this one i would like to hear the reality of the woman looker rooms.

How comfortable are you being nude around others? What is your opinion in general on nudity in the lockerroom? what is expected? do you go out of your way not to be seen etc........

Please understand that I only know the holywood female locker rooms "reality":biggrin1:, so please tell us about the layout of them.
    For example on the mens locker room there are a showers that may have divisions or not (on different buildings, off course), but the dressing room its always common (where all degrees of dressing and nudity are accepted:biggrin1:).

2. Belly_Dancer

Belly_Dancer Member

I've belonged to a number of gyms during my adult life, and in almost all of them, it was fairly common for women to walk around nude in the locker room. Some women were modest (would wrap themselves in towels), while others were completely comfortable (would stand and blow dry their hair without any clothes on).

I was somewhere in between. For years, I had body confidence issues, and I wasn't as worried about being naked as I was about other women seeing all of my perceived "imperfections." As time went on, I became more realistic about my body, recognized my strengths, and even became a bit of an exhibitionist (on the Internet, not in the locker room).

One issue, though, is that I was always a bit jittery about the naked women. Why? Because I'm a little bit gay, and sometimes I was turned on, and sort of worried that they'd sense that and be uncomfortable. But I never stared at anyone; I just appreciated the beautiful sights as much as I could with a passing glance.

3. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

I've never been a member of a gym or anywhere that has female locker rooms, the last time I was in a locker room was when I was at school and 15 year old girls are usually modest things. When trying clothes on I've been in communal changing rooms but those are different as it's unusual to undress further than underwear and there isn't any of the sense of camaraderie there might be in a gym locker room where even though you're strangers you'd have a sort of bond because you were both members, you were both there for the same thing. In other words I don't have a clue :)

I just saw Holly's post so I'm going to yap some more. In communal changing rooms I have no worries about stripping down to underwear, as I never wear a bra this would mean just my knickers and if I'm going out with friends even now we often have last minute must change my outfit moments and there are a few of us who happy to get naked in front of one another, none of us pay much attention to each other really.

4. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm a weirdo then. I love stripping down in front of men (just give me an excuse!), but I absolutely h-a-t-e to do it in front of women. I feel so awkward.

Maybe it's because I enjoy exhibitionism, and I just don't get that "buzz" in a women's locker room -- in there, I'm one of those people with a towel on. :eek:

5. 36DD

Gold Member

Albums:
    Many women are so critical of eachother due to their own insecurities. I'd never be nude in a locker room nor do I even want to venture into one. I am totally comfortable being nude in front of a man...they are always so appreciative.

6. Dimples

Dimples New Member

I don't care either way. I play on a hockey team and I have no problems showering after the game. There are usually about 5-8 of us who will shower after the game where the rest don't. Just personal preference.

I'm not shy. I know I'm straight and I'm not attracted to women so what's the big deal.

That and I hate being all gross after playing.

7. Mr Ed in Mass

Gold Member

Massachusetts,The most corrupt of the 57 states.
    I love changing in the Women's locker room.Now,if I can only get the women to go along with it!

8. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    aaaaah, yes.... but what would you change into?! That might be interesting to see!

9. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

I don't really ever use the locker rooms. I got traumatized once by walking into the womens locker room immediately after an elderly water aerobics class. Full of naked women well over the age of 60. After that, I never really went into them. I have no desire to see naked women of any age, and I was never in a position of needing to go somewhere nice or classy after a workout session... so I'd just drive home in my sweaty clothes and shower/change there.

10. Mr Ed in Mass

Gold Member

Massachusetts,The most corrupt of the 57 states.
    I'll change into a beautiful butterfly, of course!

11. lorne

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Once at an away game We went into the change room we were pointed at and started to change for our game when the girls team from that school entered as their game was ending. Most of us were in the middle of changing and it became the longest ahhhhh.... awwww shit moments I have ever had it certainly made both them and us laugh. We got a couple of whoots and cat calls, We apologized and started pick up our shit but some of the girls didn't seem to care and had already started to strip and head into the showers. We shuffled out pulling up our shorts and pants to find our coach walking by. He was like you guys know thats the girls right we all looked at him and were like we do now. He couldn't stop laughing.

12. TheRob

Gold Member

Albums:
    if you want to strip down in front of me just let me know ok hun

13. JennyS

JennyS New Member

Around other girls I'm fine (and thankfully, that's the only gender in the locker room :)).

I don't go out of the way to cover up, but I don't prance around either. I'll usually wear a towel when going from place to place, and when changing I'll face my locker, but it's not really a big deal.

I don't really see what the big deal about this is. Women start to sag when they get older, it's just a fact of life. I don't know why it should be more traumatizing to see a 60 year old woman naked than a 30 year old woman (especially if it's the gender you're not attracted to anyways).

14. cofrader

cofrader Member

Albums:
    Thank you girls for your answers!!!
    Like hotmilf i dont like been naked in front of my own kind (man in my case) but i have to. I love to swim so i must take a shower before and after swimming.
    I try to act as natural as possible without looking at anything, i like my body but been wached by a man is creepy for me.

I would prefer mixed changing rooms or better, a female changing room with one man allowed, me!!!:biggrin1:

15. ChinaSwimmer88

ChinaSwimmer88 New Member

With respect to locker rooms they are all kind of different really. And I just kind of go with the flow. I think I'm much more comfortable being naked in front of women than men. There's a few reasons for this I think. One I have two close sisters my same age and we shared a room for a lengthy period and I think I just got used to that. Also I didn't really get naked with a boy until later in high school so that definitely is a big part of it.

And my high school in the United States had divisions in the locker rooms and girls were super sensitive about not being visably naked EVER. But I went to high school for a few years before that in Japan and the girls were much more comfortable changing and showering there. So those early formative high school years led me to be a bit more comfortable. Now whenever I go to the campus gym I just do my thing and be modest but not sheltered. Some girls do the sheltered thing. But the girls on the damn field hockey and soccer teams get naked and run around being crazy like it's a party. Sometimes funny. Sometime weird.

16. thebigO

thebigO New Member

"Many women are so critical of eachother due to their own insecurities."

I've experienced that when fully clothed, lol. Would I feel comfortable nude around other women? No.

Men?

Yes.

But that's just me. Go figure.

17. cocktailweenie

In our high school the boys' showers consisted of 11 shower heads on one wall facing 11 heads on the other. No barriers of any kind. Showering was mandatory. We assumed the girls had the same arrangement until in my senior year we found out they were given privacy curtains of some sort. We thought this was ha ha funny. But what I've always wondered about was this: how did these delicate flowers make it to the showers without being seen? The boys had to walk totally nude to the showers because they only picked towels up after they were finished. If the girls were given towels before the shower so they could cover themselves, where did they put them once they got there? Or, if they weren't given towels for the walk why have privacy curtains when they got there? Has anyone out there got a similar experience that would shed light on this?

18. Linda Sue

Linda Sue New Member

Albums:
    I've always been really uninhibited, so I have no problem being nude in a locker room, and if a woman looks, it's a turn-on. I can be attracted to a woman, and I look.

Draft saved Draft deleted