Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A lot of people are intimidated by the number of books I own. I keep telling them that I don't actually read them, but it doesn't seem to help! :tongue:

Okay, maybe I've read one or two. :wink:

Haha, I bet you've read more than a few!

I'm glad to hear it.

This reminds me of a conversation I was having with TheBF that I completely forgot about until just now. I wondered if some of those attitudes could be a byproduct of attempting to raise teenagers who will "wait for sex" and inadvertently indoctrinating them with the concept that a person who has sex is tainted somehow. The main problem with that is it doesn't explain why boys get a free pass, unless parents are actually teaching their kids that it's okay to be a slutty man and that waiting to have sex is something that only girls have to do.

Yes, the whole 'tainted' because of sex is another issue but may well be connected. I imagine that the parents are more instinctively protective of their daughters. "Watch yourself with him, those boys are only after one thing..." Where as with a son, "Be careful and have a nice time." I think that the children may inadvertently misinterpret their parents on some subconscious level.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What's your take on female intolerance/fear/etc with regards to male bisexuality?

Oh, you mean the fear that a bisexual man is actually gay? I think that's straightforward. I think that fear comes from the fact that she's afraid that he's actually gay!

It's no secret that some gay men don't want to be "out" as gay men and they will actually get married and have kids and try to hide the fact that they're gay. There's an awful lot of guys right here on LPSG who try to reason that they're actually straight when I have my doubts, and I don't feel like I'm being intolerant towards them, I just think they're trying to delude themselves, and I think the fear is that something similar is going on.

Some of the men who told me that they were bisexual 10 years ago haven't dated a woman in a very long time now. Now, I know that doesn't mean that they aren't bisexual, but their behavior demonstrates a clear preference for men. I don't know if it's because it's a lot easier to get laid by another man or if they feel more and more comfortable with themselves over time, but it's happened with a few friends I have. First, they only dated women, then they came out as bisexual, then they really only date men. Time span: 15 years

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
In many parts of the world females are still second class citizens who are not encouraged to be literate, much less have any control over their own sexuality. They are by gender doomed to be beasts of burden and breeding stock. Remnants of such attitudes still pervade the more fundamentalist corners of our own society.

As for bisexuality, it's peripherally related to this set of attitudes-- females being 'unfaithful' with other females cannot pollute your proprietary gene pool, while males could. In many of these societies, 'down-low' male/male sex is not considered gay, just some sort of safety release. A man actually valuing his true bisexuality is not playing by the 'down-low' rules.

stuart91

Just Browsing
Media
Put it this way. If a key fits many locks, it's a master key. But if a lock is opened by many keys, it's a bad lock.

Nah but seriously I don't think it's acceptable for either sex to insult the other for how many people they sleep with

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Put it this way. If a key fits many locks, it's a master key. But if a lock is opened by many keys, it's a bad lock.

Nah but seriously I don't think it's acceptable for either sex to insult the other for how many people they sleep with

And the analogy is fine if one treats one's sexual nature like a mechanism or object, rather than a wonderful part of our human identity.

Thank you stuart for adding the bit I left out of my previous sermon-- it is not acceptable for humans to insult one another by treating one another as exploitable things rather than equal beings and members of the same species with equal potential.

pokerus

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I'd find it great the day when men and women can be considered pigs in harmony hahaha!