Female student kills 2 others, self at Louisiana college

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Police: Female student kills 2 others, self at Louisiana college

(CNN) -- A female student shot two other women and herself Friday morning inside a classroom on the campus of Louisiana Technical College in Baton Rouge, authorities said.

Baton Rouge police Sgt. Don Kelly said officers responding to a 911 call about 8:30 a.m. found all three dead in a second-floor classroom.
"There was mass pandemonium, people running," Kelly told The Associated Press. "One officer -- the first into the classroom -- told me he could still smell gunpowder."

The names of the dead were not released.

About 20 people were in the classroom at the time of the shooting, Kelly said. He would not give the room number or say what kind of class it was.

video.gif
Watch Kelly describe the sequence of events »

No shots were fired anywhere else, Kelly said.

"It's all self-contained in one classroom," Kelly said. The shooter was not believed to have left the room at any point, he said, and "no other students outside the classroom were in any danger."

Police will interview the other students who were in the classroom to find out why the shooting occurred, Kelly said.

Nrets

Experimental Member
Media
There's something profoundly disturbing about that statement.

No, there is something profoundly wrong with THIS statement: FINALLY women are stepping up to the plate with the whole equality to men thing. It took them years to get the vote, and now very distrubed women finally feel free to deal with their frustrations as very disturbed men do. Perhaps in the near future women will get over their fears of mathbooks, physical labor, and being able to pay attention while driving.

Sorry. I had too.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No, there is something profoundly wrong with THIS statement: FINALLY women are stepping up to the plate with the whole equality to men thing. It took them years to get the vote, and now very distrubed women finally feel free to deal with their frustrations as very disturbed men do. Perhaps in the near future women will get over their fears of mathbooks, physical labor, and being able to pay attention while driving.

Sorry. I had too.

Oh boy, did that so go over your head. :rolleyes:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
People like you should be shot.
ROTFLMAO :rofl::tongue:

Wow a woman, its normally a young guy.
I hate to admit it; but I have become so jaded that was my first thought as well.

There's something profoundly disturbing about that statement.
It's the fact that in order to deal with these tragedies we sort of tune out and focus on the minutiae.

So, Britney hit rock bottom...?
Leave Britney alone!!!

Sorry. I had too.
:rolleyes: Tell that to Stephanie Kwolek, Danica Patrick,Lokelani Mc Michael.:cool:
It's sad, when someone is in so much pain, that they feel the need to take out innocent victims as well as themself. My prayers to the families....
My sympathies go out to the family and friends of the victims as well.

Nrets

Experimental Member
Media
Oh boy, did that so go over your head. :rolleyes:

No it didn't, I got what you were saying, basically it leaves a strange taste on your tongue to think "Wow, usually guys do this." But I also had that thought and I wanted to go deeper and make a point as to why it feels that way. It was somewhat sarcastic. Anyhow, it IS normally a young guy. It IS sad that people get shot. And society DOES subjugate women and other groups into roles that may not be exactly what they are capable of.

NJ, I feel Danica Patrick is an excellent example of someone who said fuck you to what people expect of women.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No it didn't, I got what you were saying, basically it leaves a strange taste on your tongue to think "Wow, usually guys do this." But I also had that thought and I wanted to go deeper and make a point as to why it feels that way. It was somewhat sarcastic. Anyhow, it IS normally a young guy. It IS sad that people get shot. And society DOES subjugate women and other groups into roles that may not be exactly what they are capable of...

No, you didn't get what I meant at all. It had nothing whatsoever to do with women's subjugation or even women at all, really. After all, women are every bit as capable of pulling a trigger as men.

No, it was the use of language - the casual use of "Normally..." The unconscious implication that such awful events have indeed become normal, so passe that the only noteworthy thing about this one wasn't that two innocent people had been gunned down, but merely that it was perpetrated other than by a man. I appreciate it's a subtle distinction.

It wasn't a criticism of what he wrote, it was just the way I read it and yes, I understand he meant 'usually' or 'typically', but normally just read wrong to me.

Nrets

Experimental Member
Media
No, you didn't get what I meant at all. It had nothing whatsoever to do with women's subjugation or even women at all, really. After all, women are every bit as capable of pulling a trigger as men.

No, it was the use of language - the casual use of "Normally..." The unconscious implication that such awful events have indeed become normal, so passe that the only noteworthy thing about this one wasn't that two innocent people had been gunned down, but merely that it was perpetrated other than by a man. I appreciate it's a subtle distinction.

It wasn't a criticism of what he wrote, it was just the way I read it and yes, I understand he meant 'usually' or 'typically', but normally just read wrong to me.

I am very aries and forget that people can't see inside my head. I KNOW what you meant. I also felt weird that it was more important that a girl did it rather than someone dying. But I could also relate to the fact that it IS usually guys who do this. So I took it further out of context to try and be MORE offensive. (By being more detached from the fact that people dying is less important than political Bullshit nowadays. ...ask any Iraqi baby)

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

This is going off the topic of a tragedy, no matter who the perpetrator was...

But I love hearing about women like Stephanie Kwolek, Danica Patrick and Lokelani McMichael! :smile: The only one of the three I'd heard of was Danica Patrick (being from Indianapolis I kinda HAD to have heard of her! :biggrin1:...and oh, yeah, she's not the first woman in the Indy 500 either... I know for sure of two others... Lyn St. James - who I've met in person - and Sarah Fisher...)

Back on topic...my sympathies go out to the victims and their families...

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am very aries and forget that people can't see inside my head. I KNOW what you meant. I also felt weird that it was more important that a girl did it rather than someone dying. But I could also relate to the fact that it IS usually guys who do this. So I took it further out of context to try and be MORE offensive. (By being more detached from the fact that people dying is less important than political Bullshit nowadays. ...ask any Iraqi baby)

No, the gender element wasn't the issue. Never mind. It's my inability to express in words what I was thinking rather than yours to understand it.:banghead2::smile: