Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Writing from outside the USA (are you listening all of you land-locked 'Merichuns who can't name all fifty states and their capitols?) I need to clue the majority of you in on something which I found somewhat surprising and think is a bit more "advanced" in a particular sexual culture.

I'm not particularly attracted to overweight men (even 20 pounds overweight when it shows) but throughout Spanish-speaking countries the Bear phenomenon is surpassed by the Gordo phenomenon. Barçelona and Madrid have bars that cater to exclusively obese men who are attracted to the same or attract very good-looking buff men of all ages who are attracted to them. Quite an eye-opener for someone like me who has always been conditioned by 'Mericuhn culture to seek out the muscular athletic guy. The same goes for South American. México is still very repressed as far as gay culture is concerned, as is all of Central America (except Panama). When The Squeeze and I go clubbing we usually end up a The Bear Factory (big gay bears) or Bacon Bear (bigger, fat gay men and some bears) to relax. We have a lot more fun in these venues than we do in La Metro, Chaps or any of the other bars that cater to chunks of hunks.

Same goes for down here in BsAs. Contramano on Sunday nights is Bear Night and it's quite amazing to be among a bunch of men who are posing for one another. They just let it all hang out and are in the moment.

When we got back to Argentina in November I decided to take Pilates classes just to see if there was anything to it. For a senior man such as myself, there certainly is something to it. I've been careful over the years to lift free weights, run, and watch my diet. When I was 40 I noticed that my posse of fellow gym rats were putting on some pounds and began overexercising in an attempt to keep the kilos or pounds off. That's when everyone around me started having rotator cuff surgery for their shoulders or arthroscopic surgery for their elbows and knees (squats! Oy! Not after 50, please, there is no need!)

When I began with the Pilates folks who have their own gym as part of but physically separate from the largest gym chain (Megatlon) on of the female instructors pointed out that my pecks were begining to sag because of age, gravity, and small fatty deposits. Vain asshole that I am, I immediately began a new routine she designed for me and I'm pleased to say I once again have a nice, buff, muscular flat chest -- no man tits. But my world is set up so that I don't have to do much but enjoy life. I haven't had to slave in the 9 to 5 world for more than 40 years. And I enjoy swimming laps everyday, going to the gym, playing tennis, skiing (something I've done since I was 5 years-old), hiking, and walking everywhere rather than drive in the city. But the horror that flooded over me that some Argentine woman, age about 25, pointed out I was developing a healthy set of man tits left me preoccupied with a lot of negative thinking until a few weeks ago. And I'm the type of person who would have no problem going to a plastic surgeon and say "Fix these and make my chest look like I'm 20 years-old!" Dumb, dumb, and WAY dumb. Although, I have to admit the Pilates was also an extreme measure for a vain old faggot like me to take on.

I'm not the muscle morph I used to be between the ages of 25 and 50, but I still look pretty damn good for an old man (I have a rather nice ass that magically defies gravity). However, all of my friends have lives that require they work every day to stay alive and they havent' the same leisure time that I have to go to the gym, take Pilates classes and swim every day. Plus, they need to take the subway or bus most places just to get to work. Even The Squeeze is beginning to show a bit of a belly that no extra crunches will ever eliminate. He'll just have to decrease his diet and learn to live with the love handles.

Anyway, you get the idea. I'm pretty much a vain old fart who would normally be in the camp that fat people are unatractive. But nope. A good number of my "BIG" friends are much wiser than I'll ever be. Plus, they seem to be very grounded and enjoy their lives without being fraught with anxiety or worries. I have to do a lot of meditating to feel they seem to feel, and it doesn't last all day. I have to meditate more and more the older I get.

But the point I need to make (and fast) is that these days I'm amused and amazed that being a buff daddy is less attractive to a lot of men than being a chubby bear. And despite the blow to my overachieve ego (BAD ego, BAD!) I'm rather pleased to see that looking like Brad Pitt is not everyone's ideal. However, I wouldn't mind nailing George Clooney. And my conditioned prejudice towards fat guys has dinimished to almost nothing. As a friend recently commented regarding his new boy toy (my friend is somewhat obese) "Now he's got the waterbed he's always wanted." Go figure.

And for you wimmin types out there, let's not forget the Venus of Willendorph. Now that gal had some child-bearing fertile hips.

CORRECTION: In a earlier post I said my friend, Carlos, had gained 40 kilos this summer. He WAS origianlly 65 kilos and GAINED 40 pounds -- not kilos. Still, that's not exactly healthy.

And now when I meditate lightly, summarizing the day's events, I have to remind myself that even Paul Newman had man tits towards the end of his life. One can't stay young forever, unless you're Mirtha Legrand (look her up in Wikipedia).

Happy chubby chasing to one and all.

P.S. Please forgive all the bad subject/verb agreement errors, bad spelling, and typos. The Squeeze is distracting me at the moment by trying to give me a blow job as I type. I love The Squeeze. Bye.:biggrin1:

B_spotted_duck

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Neziegh

Just Browsing
Media
Which means that you were seriously underweight.

Sorry, but this is a far less common problem in the US and doesn't carry anything like the stigma.

If you're 6' and 100 lbs everyone knows you're sick realizes you need medical help.

If you're 6' and 300 lbs everyone knows you're a slob and should just stop eating.

Does that include regaining your hearing?

On the contrary, I am one of countless obese people who are constantly the target of abuse of those who feel a physical revulsion toward us while choosing to disguise it as moral judgment, "tough love" or "just trying to be helpful."

Everyone needs a hobby. Knock yourself out.

People doesn't dislike you when you're a skeleton? Lol, you're a funny one. People look you with compassion and think you're a poor toxic. You collapse from time to time. The worst part is when you are doing sport. Time 5 minute and you collapse. Every time. Once every three days, for about ten years. But i had to do it, 'cause it was the best thing for me. Until i started actually liking doing sport and started to take gym with a passion. And it was the best to see your progression, especially for social purpose :biggrin1:
People doesn't bitch you because you can't hear? Don't know what is like to turn your back to your "friend" and suddendly you don't know what they're saying anymore? And then when you're turning they're laughing at you, always. It's funny, they make the jokes when i can't hear them. Yes i've got some stupid friend :tongue:
Do you know that girls that comes near you, try to speak to you and when you say "sorry, can't hear, could you speak slower?", they look as they have killed a puppy, and suddendly turn and run away?
Do you know what this is all like?
It's pretty fun, actually, once you learn to make jokes out of it :wink:
If you don't like being fat does something about it. If you don't like being called fat, don't care about it and joke about it. Either way people won't dislike you, i assure you, but you have to like yourself first. Bitching on the difficult of like doesn't get you the simpathy of anyone, especially on some trivial matter like weight, because, in case you didn't notice, THIS IS A STUPID TRIVIAL MATTER. People were just posting their opinion over a topic of discussion, not insulting anyone.

Damn, i'm such an old geezer.

B_mylipswet

Experimental Member
Media
In your mind until you meet me eye to eye if you d
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I find most women beautiful, their appearance is fine.. it when they open their mouth they become less attractive... if your beautiful on the inside it makes the outside shine

At the risk of becoming less attractive, may I point out that I don't claim to be perfect my butt and my breasts are not small by any means. My man did put on some pounds after he was injured. I noticed the difference in a photo he recently sent me.
However, I did not elaborate on it nor did I make demands for him to get back into shape. If he should one day lose his hair or gain some weight and frowned upon by other's who may view him as less then perfect. It shall be me at his side with the mysterious smile who will always place his value from the inside out while others place it outside in.

mdp75

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
At the risk of becoming less attractive, may I point out that I don't claim to be perfect my butt and my breasts are not small by any means. My man did put on some pounds after he was injured. I noticed the difference in a photo he recently sent me.
However, I did not elaborate on it nor did I make demands for him to get back into shape. If he should one day lose his hair or gain some weight and frowned upon by other's who may view him as less then perfect. It shall be me at his side with the mysterious smile who will always place his value from the inside out while others place it outside in.
naw that just makes you more beautiful in my eyes! there is a thread going on about what separates the women from the girls... a post like this is a prime example! bravo!

B_mylipswet

Experimental Member
Media
In your mind until you meet me eye to eye if you d
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
naw that just makes you more beautiful in my eyes! there is a thread going on about what separates the women from the girls... a post like this is a prime example! bravo!

Thank-you and might I add it is an honor, your quite a fine gentleman yourself.

D_Hyacinth Harrytwat

Account Disabled
Media
midlifebear - once again, I read and really appreciated your contribution but it's a heckuva post to quote!

I went to my first gay bar last spring and it is the complete opposite of what you described is going on chez vous! There were topless men everywhere, ranging in levels of fitness from "hairless twinks" to "stockier hairless body building types". I honestly couldn't tell the difference between the male dancers and the normal guys at the bar. Big club, too. It was just a sea of pretty boys. All of a sudden, I had a better understanding of why my best friend lost 100lbs - and now complains that his teeth aren't perfect. Well, curiously, he now fits in with the "in" crowd and has ended up with the love of his life. I always joke that if he was straight, he would've had plenty of women interested in him at his heavier weight, but it isn't a laughing matter. He told me that there's this extra pressure to look good and be extra successful because you're automatically a second class citizen when you're gay.

Oh, and next time you have those "man tits", you leave them, ok? My bf has been chubby (read: "comfy") since I've known him and I might hit him when he comes to visit. He took some pictures last week of his workout progress and while there's still meat on his chest, he better hope it's enough for me to sleep on :p

Media
If you don't like being fat does something about it.

if you don't like being deaf why don't you do something about it?

i mean i'm sure if you just made the effort to pay closer attention, sharpen your lip reading skills, avoid noisy places, confine your socializing to church picnics you wouldn't have any problems! I mean it's all about choices! Where there's a will there's a way!

Media
Curiously, as a music major, I seem to have a better grasp of when to use your/you're and their/there/they're than you do.

KNOW SHIT !?!?!?

now if you just had something smart or funny to say, you'd be all set!

alas, they're are some things that can't be taught!

GOODNIGHT EVERYBODY, YOU'VE BEEN A LOVELY AUDIENCE! DRIVE SAFELY AND REMEMBER TO TIP YOUR WAITRESS!

Neziegh

Just Browsing
Media
if you don't like being deaf why don't you do something about it?

i mean i'm sure if you just made the effort to pay closer attention, sharpen your lip reading skills, avoid noisy places, confine your socializing to church picnics you wouldn't have any problems! I mean it's all about choices! Where there's a will there's a way!

I don't care about saving the world, just wanted to share my experience, but it seems that you prefer to live bitching, your 'guess i suppose.

No wonder the nice guys are so rare, lol