Feminism and big dicks

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Kevbo, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Kevbo

Kevbo Member

I know the "feminism" umbrella is a mighty big one, but I'm wondering: do any women here who consider themselves "feminists" (I would guess 99% do) see any preference they might have for penis size being an expression of their feminism?

It might seem like an awkward reach, but I'm wondering if maybe, perhaps, for some women, it's an empowerment thing. E.g., "The only man who can keep up with this fully-empowered woman who is me is one with a big dick" or "I can intimidate many men by letting them know that I prefer those who are in the statistical minority" or maybe "I'm responsible for my own orgasm, and I have little time to waste on men whose size is less likely to get me there". Those sorts of things.

Please understand that I'm not taking a "cuckold" stance or anything similar, nor am I trying to characterize feminism as shallow or vindictive. I understand that most of the size-queenish women here like big dicks simply because the big ones look good (create excitement) and they feel good (fulfill that excitement). It doesn't need to be any more complicated than that, but I'm wondering if for some women it actually has a psychological/philosophical root about empowerment.

(As a sort of correlative interpretation, I saw a speech by Camille Paglia where she thought strippers embodied feminism since they became "goddesses" up on the stage that men "worshipped". So there are lots of consequences/interpretations of "empowerment".)

Thanks,
    Kevin

2. Principessa

Gold Member

:rofl: ROTFLMAO, no there is no correlation between being a femininst and penis size preference. :rofl:

3. bek2335

bek2335 New Member

I agree with njqt - no correlation.

4. Kevbo

Kevbo Member

Okay, I'll buy that.

Thx,
    Kevin

5. uncut1234

uncut1234 New Member

this stuff goes too far sometimes... too much thought into nothing

its just a big penis..

6. B_Jennuine73

B_Jennuine73 New Member

I am wondering how to answer this one.

One of the things about women's empowerment (or feminism) is our ability to go outside the role we were placed in. Women were never thought to enjoy sex and any women who were seen to enjoy it were cast out as "easy" or "sluts". Now, we are able to say what we like, what we prefer. Some men still see women like this as easy or sluts, but now, we don't give a shit and don't have to give a shit.

If this made sense to you, good, if not...ummm catch you on a better day.

7. Draconis71

Gold Member

Albums:

So... If I get this right.... feminists are women who break the mold/go outside of the expected norm...
    ... So, according to all the e-mails I get, femminists are women who prefer smaller penii???

8. tiff86

tiff86 New Member

Wouldn't that mean most women like big? I'm not sure if that's true. I think some do and some don't and the women here are only 1 side of that?
    Yeah like others said I dunno really what feminism has to do w/liking big. It just feels good that has nothing to do w/politics :smile:.

9. Kevbo

Kevbo Member

No. She is saying that women should feel perfectly fine enjoying sex, and telling interested parties what they enjoy about sex. They shouldn't feel guilty about being sexually adventurous, nor should they compromise on what their preferences are. This is in stark opposition to the way women were supposed to act, say, 50-100 years ago. So some might view it as a feminist response.

(Hope I got that right, Jennuine.)

Kev

10. whatireallywant

Gold Member

Sounds about right to me. I consider myself a feminist, and I like big dicks, but I don't think one has anything to do with the other. I'm a feminist because I've always had nontraditional interests and have been prevented from pursuing them in the past (not so much now, but I've had a sexist interviewer for a job in the recent past - the past two years...), and I've had a fascination (psychological/visual) with big dicks since the age of 12, but after having some sexual experiences, found that I prefer them for physical reasons as well.

11. NEWREBA

NEWREBA New Member

Albums:
    I think that "being sexually adventurous" means different things to different women. It's also different maybe than what guys might consider adventurous. At least that's been my experience. Enjoying sex is different than wanting to fuck every guy who comes along. For instance sexual liberation for me is letting myself go emotionally and physically with my b/f. It's not so much about wanting to have sex with more than one person. Make sense?

12. D_Humper E Bogart

D_Humper E Bogart New Member

I always thought that Feminism was the belief that women should be able to do whatever they damn well want as long as it isn't illegal.

So big dicks, small, whatever, at least women get to choose freely and don't need to dress up like ninjas and be married off to a smelly secound cousin.

*Semi rant ends*

13. B_jacknapier

B_jacknapier New Member

I thought that feminists wanted all penises surgically removed?

14. D_Humper E Bogart

D_Humper E Bogart New Member

Well, the lesbian ones probably do, but only because they're jealous that ours are bigger. :p

15. Kevbo

Kevbo Member

There was no implication intended on my part that "sexually adventurous" = "promiscuous". I meant simply that I inferred from Jennuine's post that women should not feel constrained by societal norms about what sexual activity is "permitted" to them. So, you can certainly be sexually adventurous while at the same time being monogamous (or even celibate). I think there has been an enormous shift in the last 40 years or so towards making sure women enjoy sex. Women are much more proactive about it and men are much more willing to put in the effort and to learn and to get better. How much of this can be attributed to the rise and influence of feminism is probably an academic field in and unto itself :rolleyes:.

Kev

16. B_Jennuine73

B_Jennuine73 New Member

You did, thanks for being more articulate than I am :cool:

17. platinumredhead

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

Yes, very well put, just the way I feel to.

18. B_Hung Jon

B_Hung Jon New Member

Having my g/f tell me what pleases her is a huge turn on for me. It's a trust thing as well as erotic.

19. NEWREBA

NEWREBA New Member

Albums:

Sorry I was defensive about your post. It's just that I've had guys say that they'd like to see me get fucked by a group of their friends at the same time since I'm such a liberated girl. Where do guys come up with these ideas? Anyway my response is usually this, "I'd like to see YOU get fucked by a group of your friends too since you're SOOOOO liberated". :biggrin1:

20. OPPinSLC

OPPinSLC Member

Albums:
    From what I understand feminism is about equality and the right to make choices.

Draft saved Draft deleted