Feminism and Societal Suicide

TroMag

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
In some recent threads that discussed feminism, we saw the usual ranting against the 'oppressive' patriarchy that is inevitable in these types of discussions. If patriarchy is so bad, and matriarchy superior, why is it that there are no large scale matriarchal societies? Certainly they exist in parts of sub-Saharan Africa, and in America's inner city ghettos, and they of course existed at the dawn of mankind. But why has the world come to be conquered and dominated by patriarchies? Can anyone name a single large scale long lasting civilization in human history that was a matriarchy?

It is not random chance that patriarchies have outcompeted matriarchies in the survival of the fittest societies. The advantage inherent in patriarchies is not merely a historical curiosity - as feminism pushes western societies increasingly toward matriarchy, it weakens these societies and prepares them for conquest and/or internal revolution.

In short, feminism is an agent of societal suicide for those societies myopic enough to embrace it.

Discuss.

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What? Feminism does NOT equal advocating matriarchy. To me, feminism means not discriminating on the basis of gender. Although there are general differences in physiology and psychology, everyone should be put on an equal footing, and see where everyone ends up. If a woman is the best candidate for a job, pick the woman...if the man is...pick the man. That's it.

TroMag

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Feminism leads to matriarchy (well, at least until the society collapses or is conquered). It is an inevitable consequence of the more immediate goals sought by feminism.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
In some recent threads that discussed feminism, we saw the usual ranting against the 'oppressive' patriarchy that is inevitable in these types of discussions. If patriarchy is so bad, and matriarchy superior, why is it that there are no large scale matriarchal societies? Certainly they exist in parts of sub-Saharan Africa, and in America's inner city ghettos, and they of course existed at the dawn of mankind. But why has the world come to be conquered and dominated by patriarchies? Can anyone name a single large scale long lasting civilization in human history that was a matriarchy?

It is not random chance that patriarchies have outcompeted matriarchies in the survival of the fittest societies. The advantage inherent in patriarchies is not merely a historical curiosity - as feminism pushes western societies increasingly toward matriarchy, it weakens these societies and prepares them for conquest and/or internal revolution.

In short, feminism is an agent of societal suicide for those societies myopic enough to embrace it.

Discuss.
You talk too fucking much.

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Feminism leads to matriarchy (well, at least until the society collapses or is conquered). It is an inevitable consequence of the more immediate goals sought by feminism.

What makes you think that feminism leads to matriarchy?

(P.S. Shouldn't this thread be in Women's Issues? Or Politics?)

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media

That's total bullshit. I mean it's hardly worth anyone's time to dispute it, you knew it was bullshit when you typed it.

You seem to be stuck in some kind of Social Darwinist feedback loop, you do realise that Social Darwinism has been comprehensively and totally discredited don't you? :rolleyes:

TroMag

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
What makes you think that feminism leads to matriarchy?

(P.S. Shouldn't this thread be in Women's Issues? Or Politics?)
I'll answer your question with a question. A century ago, single motherhood in America was mostly confined to poor black populations. Today, single motherhood is common amongst educated white women (a sign of an increasingly matriarchal society, where paternity is irrelevant). Why is that?

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Discuss.

I would hazard a guess that time will tell.

As far as freedom for women goes, they may just be occupying the role of tortoise in that infamous race.

And in my opinion, it would'nt be a bad thing. Bring on the revolution!

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'll answer your question with a question. A century ago, single motherhood in America was mostly confined to poor black populations. Today, single motherhood is common amongst educated white women (a sign of an increasingly matriarchal society, where paternity is irrelevant). Why is that?

Complete and utter BS. Matriarchy implies a society run by women. To my knowledge, the vast majority of political systems are run by old men. Without googling, name 10 female CEOs or political heads of government.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media

That's so laughable :biggrin1: I'm beginning to think you're just having us all on, no one could seriously believe that shite. :biggrin1:

TroMag

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Let's see . . . thus far, lots of calls of 'bullshit' and outright dismissal of the topic, but no real answers to any of the questions I asked. If what I'm saying is demonstrably bullshit, it should be easy to prove it as such.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Let's see . . . thus far, lots of calls of 'bullshit' and outright dismissal of the topic, but no real answers to any of the questions I asked. If what I'm saying is demonstrably bullshit, it should be easy to prove it as such.

If it looks like bullshit, smells like bullshit, came steaming out of the arse of some bull somewhere then its safe to presume it's bullshit. We don't need a scanning electron microscope to prove it.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
The original post is full of broad assumptions and glittering generalizations. You haven't done any research, and you state your opinions as if they were facts. You talk too fucking much.

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Your 3 questions were:-
If patriarchy is so bad, and matriarchy superior, why is it that there are no large scale matriarchal societies?
Equality is new. Who says either patriarchy or matriarchy are superior?
Certainly they exist in parts of sub-Saharan Africa, and in America's inner city ghettos, and they of course existed at the dawn of mankind. But why has the world come to be conquered and dominated by patriarchies?
Chauvinism.
Can anyone name a single large scale long lasting civilization in human history that was a matriarchy?
Ask again in a couple more centuries when society has been liberated from the grasp of tosspots.

What else is to discuss?

Shotput