Ferguson

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Demographic observations are nice but to pretend that race isn't a motivating factor is disingenuous.

So when I say "I'm sure that there is institutional racism in Law Enforcement" you read that as my saying that race isn't (ever) a motivating factor?

Some people seem determined to have adversaries for some reason.

Demographics are more significant than nice, they give a proper context to those wishing to peddle soundbite statistics.

temptotalk

Legendary Member
Media
I am sure that there are incidents as you describe, Storm, I have never denied that, but Michael Brown is not one of them.

I found it and still find it unacceptable how Mr. Sharpton and the lawyers enflamed the situation which lead to mayhem and murder. This has always been my beef. I also find it worrying how a lynch mob can be whipped up on social media soundbites, that are lies.

Ok i wasn't going to comment. I really was going to leave the issue to others but these lynch mobs you speak of. Ones started by what you would call loud mouths. How come you have invested so much of your time here with this instead of spreading your outrage to other issues.

I'll give you the notes. Oreilly started a whole campaign against a person that preformed abortions. That person was then murdered. What do you have to say about that? Show your outrage.

Reactions: b.c.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Don't place all the blame with b.c. because you aren't completely innocent. Nowhere in his response did he insinuate that black drug dealers shouldn't be arrested so why did you pretend that he stated otherwise? Also one doesn't always have to list facts and figures to show one's point. There is a difference between figures on a page and what one experiences and any attempt to discredit that makes one appear petty. For example a handbook describes how a bank employee is to behave in a bank robbery but the actual experience might have one behaving differently. To say that the opinion of one who has been involved in a robbery has less merit than what is written is stupidity.

Demographic observations are nice but to pretend that race isn't a motivating factor is disingenuous. Why are incidents of drug use and business seen as high in predominantly black lower class areas? Shouldn't you first ask yourself why those areas exist? Could it be because of redlining? "White flight" which meant less money going to inner city schools so that the students left behind had less of an education which meant the only way to make money was to commit illegal acts?
All races have poor people but if you ask most of them if they had a choice between being poor and white or poor and another race the answer might surprise you.

Exactly, especially when one's point is usually supported in NUMEROUS links FULL of facts, figures, and statistics which Drifterwood seems content to conveniently DISMISS... QUITE a f******* joke, imo, considering his signature.

Unfortunately, the only one he's fooling is HIMSELF.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Ok i wasn't going to comment. I really was going to leave the issue to others but these lynch mobs you speak of. Ones started by what you would call loud mouths. How come you have invested so much of your time here with this instead of spreading your outrage to other issues.

I'll give you the notes. Oreilly started a whole campaign against a person that preformed abortions. That person was then murdered. What do you have to say about that? Show your outrage.

Check my posting history on Westboro and others. We aliens do though understand that we have to tread carefully when commenting on US stuff.

If Michael Brown had been a victim of a racist police execution, I would have been outraged. I was at another story that was posted, but I don't read the whole board.

Can I ask where the outrage was when those two innocent NYPD officers were executed? But don't worry, I am not interested in childish tit for tat conflict.

temptotalk

Legendary Member
Media
Check my posting history on Westboro and others. We aliens do though understand that we have to tread carefully when commenting on US stuff.

If Michael Brown had been a victim of a racist police execution, I would have been outraged. I was at another story that was posted, but I don't read the whole board.

Can I ask where the outrage was when those two innocent NYPD officers were executed? But don't worry, I am not interested in childish tit for tat conflict.

You are currently showing every last bit of your bias and i am so glad you are.

Read my post again. Did i say anything about westboro? No. Did i say anything in that post about mike brown? No. You said you were outraged and couldn't stand it when the revernd al sharpton and the mayor of new york did what they did. Yet here we have a white person blatantly calling abortion doctors out. Targeting them. Getting right wing nut jobs all in a fury. The doctor was then killed. Yet you still and mean STILL have no outrage or anger over bill oreilly.

And not only do you jump miles over the issue i presented but you went directly to two cops being executed. The same story you also blamed the reverend al sharpton, the mayor of new york and possibly the president of the united states for.

Once again. You put effort into ignoring the actions of a white man in favor of vilifying black men. Do i really need to say anything else?

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Buddy, I have been a pro abortion campaigner for thirty years. Most Europeans just shake their heads when they see idiots like O'reilly. We hope that there is a hell for him even if we don't believe in it. We can't believe that he is even allowed to spew his hate speech. If it makes you feel better, why don't you start a thread on him? Interesting though that you see him in a comparable context to Mr. Sharpton.

"I put effort into ignoring the actions of white men". Jeeze you are scraping low.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
You are currently showing every last bit of your bias and i am so glad you are.

Read my post again. Did i say anything about westboro? No. Did i say anything in that post about mike brown? No. You said you were outraged and couldn't stand it when the revernd al sharpton and the mayor of new york did what they did. Yet here we have a white person blatantly calling abortion doctors out. Targeting them. Getting right wing nut jobs all in a fury. The doctor was then killed. Yet you still and mean STILL have no outrage or anger over bill oreilly.

And not only do you jump miles over the issue i presented but you went directly to two cops being executed. The same story you also blamed the reverend al sharpton, the mayor of new york and possibly the president of the united states for.

Once again. You put effort into ignoring the actions of a white man in favor of vilifying black men. Do i really need to say anything else?

He's highly selective with regard to his "outrage", methinks.

And if ever you (or anyone else) want to explore that, just check his posting history for the outrage he expressed re. the various disparities we've mentioned here... check the police misconduct thread too.

Better still, look for all that outrage he expressed over the Charleston church murders... IF you can find it.

As I recollect, he showed more outrage over Cecil the Lion.

temptotalk

Legendary Member
Media
Buddy, I have been a pro abortion campaigner for thirty years. Most Europeans just shake their heads when they see idiots like O'reilly. We hope that there is a hell for him even if we don't believe in it. We can't believe that he is even allowed to spew his hate speech. If it makes you feel better, why don't you start a thread on him? Interesting though that you see him in a comparable context to Mr. Sharpton.

"I put effort into ignoring the actions of white men". Jeeze you are scraping low.

No i'm not scraping low. What i just did was offer you an olive branch. If you really thought the revernd al sharpton and others were instigating violence. And if you were treating all others that do the same equally. Equally being disgusted with their actions then you would have first said. That guy is a whole bag of douche. After you had watched the video that is. You did not do that.

What you arrogantly did was hop and skip right over the video without respecting the opinion of someone who after you sent them a video, they tried to watch it. That person is me. I began to watch the video you sent me out of respect for both the topic and you. And before i could even get past the beginning, here you are spouting the very same things as if you had never opened a dialog. In your rush to whitesplain everything about everyone everywhere you forgot to show that respect back.

I don't care that you have been pro anything. You had a chance and you chose to push it out of your way as theleast important bit of information you've ever seen. You had a chance to spread that outrage equally. I assumed i could at least try to reason with you but you didn't even give me that chance.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
The video I sent you was on topic in a private conversation. Introducing Mr. O'reilly is not. Do you think you are scoring points by changing the subject and introducing red herrings?

I have said very clearly what my beef is about the Ferguson situation and that is the subject of this thread. Most of the other stuff should be in the police misconduct thread, or as I said, start a thread about Mr. O'reilly.

temptotalk

Legendary Member
Media
The video I sent you was on topic in a private conversation. Introducing Mr. O'reilly is not. Do you think you are scoring points by changing the subject and introducing red herrings?

I have said very clearly what my beef is about the Ferguson situation and that is the subject of this thread. Most of the other stuff should be in the police misconduct thread, or as I said, start a thread about Mr. O'reilly.

No. No matter how much you want it not to be relevant. It is. Once again.

You were angry and disgusted with the actions of people who you thought were instigating violence. What i posted was a situation that was exactly like what you presented. The actions of someone instigating violence. Its the same scenario. The only difference being race, money and sides of the political line. Now if all things are equal. And you thoughts are across the board. You should be just as disgusted with oreilly as you are with sharpton, the mayor and once again possibly thepresident of the united states of america.

Are you outraged?

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Angry and disgusted are your words not mine.

If you don't read what I say but restate as something else, we aren't really going to progress our discussion.

I am sorry, but I don't see any relevance in introducing an anti abortion loon into the discussion on Ferguson and the clear beef that I keep saying I have with this situation. It is very telling that you and BC never quote the issues that I have stated over and over, but just make shit up. Whatever. Enjoy your weekend.

Reactions: Jjz1109

Jjz1109

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Don't place all the blame with b.c. because you aren't completely innocent. Nowhere in his response did he insinuate that black drug dealers shouldn't be arrested so why did you pretend that he stated otherwise? Also one doesn't always have to list facts and figures to show one's point. There is a difference between figures on a page and what one experiences and any attempt to discredit that makes one appear petty. For example a handbook describes how a bank employee is to behave in a bank robbery but the actual experience might have one behaving differently. To say that the opinion of one who has been involved in a robbery has less merit than what is written is stupidity.

Demographic observations are nice but to pretend that race isn't a motivating factor is disingenuous. Why are incidents of drug use and business seen as high in predominantly black lower class areas? Shouldn't you first ask yourself why those areas exist? Could it be because of redlining? "White flight" which meant less money going to inner city schools so that the students left behind had less of an education which meant the only way to make money was to commit illegal acts?
All races have poor people but if you ask most of them if they had a choice between being poor and white or poor and another race the answer might surprise you.

I do NOT want to get into this shitst*** but I just can't let one thing pass without comment. It's another precious Bon mot from stormy.

"Also one doesn't always have to list facts and figures to show one's point." This, from an individual, and the group, that lives and dies with its incessant posting of links, albeit always to some obscure, extremist, politically and / or racially slanted website.

You just can't make this stuff up.

Oh, and BTW stormy, in many jurisdictions money from some more affluent school districts are redirected to poorer ones, much to the chagrin of those highly taxed suburbanites. Once again, your logic is flawed.

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am sure that there are incidents as you describe, Storm, I have never denied that, but Michael Brown is not one of them.

I found it and still find it unacceptable how Mr. Sharpton and the lawyers enflamed the situation which lead to mayhem and murder. This has always been my beef. I also find it worrying how a lynch mob can be whipped up on social media soundbites, that are lies.
Without Sharpton(I love how he is always the go to "villain") would there even have been an investigation? Not many people give him credence as a leader (despite the claims of those who always mention him) but he does get the subject at hand some attention.

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So when I say "I'm sure that there is institutional racism in Law Enforcement" you read that as my saying that race isn't (ever) a motivating factor?

Some people seem determined to have adversaries for some reason.

Demographics are more significant than nice, they give a proper context to those wishing to peddle soundbite statistics.
In one breath you say that b.c is wrong for including race in the issue and in the next you say that race matters. Which is it?
I have no issue with you but I do have one when it comes to hypocrisy.

Since you value statistics more than experience it would be nice for you to weigh in on some of the statistics presented to you and others that show that enforcement and policing are weighted against minorities.

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Angry and disgusted are your words not mine.

If you don't read what I say but restate as something else, we aren't really going to progress our discussion.

I am sorry, but I don't see any relevance in introducing an anti abortion loon into the discussion on Ferguson and the clear beef that I keep saying I have with this situation. It is very telling that you and BC never quote the issues that I have stated over and over, but just make shit up. Whatever. Enjoy your weekend.
Abortion is not the point tempt was making. He wanted to know why you haven't weighed in against conservative talkers who stir up the pot and yet find time to criticize Sharpton and his ilk. If one side is wrong for doing it isn't the other side also guilty when they do the same?

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I do NOT want to get into this shitst*** but I just can't let one thing pass without comment. It's another precious Bon mot from stormy.

"Also one doesn't always have to list facts and figures to show one's point." This, from an individual, and the group, that lives and dies with its incessant posting of links, albeit always to some obscure, extremist, politically and / or racially slanted website.

You just can't make this stuff up.

Oh, and BTW stormy, in many jurisdictions money from some more affluent school districts are redirected to poorer ones, much to the chagrin of those highly taxed suburbanites. Once again, your logic is flawed.
What was it that was said? Oh yeah it was "the exception that proves the rule".

We're still waiting for you to present any links that back up some of the crap you have posted. Attack the sites but notice that you haven't attacked the facts or evidence they presented.

Oh and by the way 97% of us black people are ready to vote Republican if Carson's the nominee:rolleyes:

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
In one breath you say that b.c is wrong for including race in the issue and in the next you say that race matters. Which is it?

I have no issue with you but I do have one when it comes to hypocrisy.

Since you value statistics more than experience it would be nice for you to weigh in on some of the statistics presented to you and others that show that enforcement and policing are weighted against minorities.

What was it that was said? Oh yeah it was "the exception that proves the rule".

We're still waiting for you to present any links that back up some of the crap you have posted. Attack the sites but notice that you haven't attacked the facts or evidence they presented.

Oh and by the way 97% of us black people are ready to vote Republican if Carson's the nominee:rolleyes:

LOL. yah... according to jz Carson ought to get 97% of the black vote because he's BLACK. :cool:

But the above shows their level of hypocrisy does it NOT? For people who go by "a link should support your point" they are pretty damned quick to ignore the NUMEROUS links, from VARIOUS sources WE provide, but rather quickly dismiss them ALL as "politically or racially slanted websites." Meaning they don't count. They must be making s**** UP.

Besides, everyone knows the only reliable source is FOX, right?? :rolleyes:

All CONVENIENT when they don't want to acknowledge STATISTICS or FACTS with which they disagree, while THEY come here trying to dictate the discussion.

But then, isn't that their goal and PURPOSE here?

To draw us into some back and forth with THEM? To derail the topic to that which THEY want to limit it to, i.e. black people behaving badly, Sharpton, Jackson, and those of us talking all this "race"?

Reactions: StormfrontFL

It almost sounds as if you're suggesting all of it is coincidental.

Is it a myth or coincidence that Black people have a lower socio-economic status in America and, thus, they have a greater tendency to crime based on desperation? The more restricted your opportunities for legit success, the more likely you are to delve into crime. Doesn't bother me if this is all blamed on decades and decades White racism that only recently has improved some. But, this idea that Blacks don't have a higher crime rate is silly. It's also silly certain White "subsultures" don't have higher crime rates than others. Use of drugs is just one of many variables.