Fess up... what "drug" did you do before you did drugs?

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So what was your "high" before you reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally got high?

Some may have never gotten into drugs, but still found the solitude of a Sharpie rush, or freshly painted room, or some chemical in mum's undercloset.... a concubine of youthful sin.

So what was it....
  • Were you a "lighweight" and just ate glue?
  • Mineral spirits/acteone/paint thinner
  • The, oh so common, writing tools... via Sharpies, Liquid pens, poster pens, etc....
  • And I HAVE to break out in a separate category... El Markos... what sick f*ck would make a permanent pen to smell like... watermelon, cinnamon, licorice, cherry, strawberry. That, could not of been healthy.....
  • Animal - skunk namely, but a possum fight sure leaves a scent
  • Roof tar - we used to sneak up and peel off a bit and chew (thanks to 40s/50s lore from our parents)
  • Oxygen-deprivation - still dangerously practiced to this day
  • Rock-n-Roll - be it those goddamn David Bowie albums or a Jimmy Page riff or Eric Clapton shwanker solo.
  • Other?
Come on druggies one and all, what else am I missing here????

eogtr21

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

Some may have never gotten into drugs, but still found the solitude of a Sharpie rush, or freshly painted room, or some chemical in mum's undercloset.... a concubine of youthful sin.

So what was it....
  • The, oh so common, writing tools... via Sharpies, Liquid pens, poster pens, etc....
  • And I HAVE to break out in a separate category... El Markos... what sick f*ck would make a permanent pen to smell like... watermelon, cinnamon, licorice, cherry, strawberry. That, could not of been healthy.....
  • Roof tar - we used to sneak up and peel off a bit and chew (thanks to 40s/50s lore from our parents)
  • Rock-n-Roll - be it those goddamn David Bowie albums or a Jimmy Page riff or Eric Clapton shwanker solo.
  • Other?

Well this is an odd thread. I mean seriously, roof tar? Who does this kind of stuff? Does somebody need a hobby?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had an idyllic childhood.:smile: I had nothing to escape nor pain to mask therefore I never did these or other pre-drugs. :cool:

Mandee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have never done any drugs or tried anything to get high. I do have a story to tell you though.

When I was in about the 4th or 5th grade, all of the teachers in the school had Purell hand santizer on their desk for everyone to use. The boys in my class were once caught taking the pencil lead out of the little container it comes in, filling the container with Purell, and then sniffing it to get high. The teachers had to put away the sanitizer. I don't remember what sort of punishment the boys were given.

crescendo69

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In high school, I sniffed spray paint from a paper bag once. Big mistake. What a headache.
Hmm, diabetes a year later..

I learned you can pass out briefly from taking ten fast breaths and holding it. Hmm, can't seem to remember things lately.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
School and drug use go hand in hand more than I realised.

El Markos... what sick f*ck would make a permanent pen to smell like... watermelon, cinnamon, licorice, cherry, strawberry. That, could not of been healthy.....

I also remember the lightheadedness from the metal barreled markers, the ones that weren't labeled non-toxic.

The other thing was the run-offs the teacher used to hand out to the students. The ink was a purplish-blue and all of us would sniff them before they dried fully. I want to say mimeograph but I don't think that's what they were called. (Yes ladies and gents, I'm older than the common photocopier)

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I also remember the lightheadedness from the metal barreled markers, the ones that weren't labeled non-toxic.

The other thing was the run-offs the teacher used to hand out to the students. The ink was a purplish-blue and all of us would sniff them before they dried fully. I want to say mimeograph but I don't think that's what they were called. (Yes ladies and gents, I'm older than the common photocopier)
OMFG! I forgot about those! We called them dittos and yes I guess that was my addiction back in the 70's. :redface: As I recall they smelled best when they were fresh off the machine and still warm.

Dorian_Gray

Cherished Member
Media

So what was it....
  • Other?

nothing like that here... just the more mainstream ones:rolleyes:

uncut1234

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
wheres the option for a big fat joint?
man made drugs are for morons.. but anything that grows out of the ground isnt a drug in my book..

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
wheres the option for a big fat joint?
man made drugs are for morons.. but anything that grows out of the ground isnt a drug in my book..

Anything that you can grow from the ground is indeed not a drug, it is part of mother nature herself. Njqt linked to a poisonous plant which grows out of the ground, that is part of mother nature as well. Have a blessed day!!!

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

• Other?

I loved the smell of butane from the disposable lighters. It wasn't until a few years ago that someone told me that it could be used as a narcotic.

(and for the record, I was brought up in New York City and never found myself or anyone else chewing on roof tar)

To Gillette-thanks for reminding me of that one as well as the butane. Mimeograph (yes, that was indeed the name) ink was absolutely intriguing as it sat there on those sheets of white paper and begged all us kids to push our faces into it. Carbon paper had a similarly intoxicating effect, but due to its being processed and boxed the full level of excitement was reduced-let's not forget the disappointment of having a sheet of paper which had been mimeographed days earlier. It held no thrill.

Draconis71

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Yup, mimeograph is the right one...
Alcohol based transfer of the ink... usually done on a barrel, and hand cranked to make copies...
God, you're old!!! ;)

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OMFG! I forgot about those! We called them dittos and yes I guess that was my addiction back in the 70's. :redface: As I recall they smelled best when they were fresh off the machine and still warm.

That ditto ink!!! Classic.... when they were slightly damp... yum!