Fetishes

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Matthew said:
This doesn't answer your broader question, which I think is interesting.

But why would homosexuality be considered a fetish if heterosexuality is not?
Traditionally, fetish refers to sexual interest in inanimate objects, like a shoe fetish or underwear fetish or leather fetish; fixation refers to unusual emphasis placed on body parts other than genitalia, such as a foot fixation, tit fixation, belly-button fixation. If either is taken to extremes, such that a person is preoccupied, or especially if that person cannot function sexually without the fetish or fixation, then it becomes obsession.

Hey, Freddie, do you remember the "Toadsuck Toe Sucker" from back (I think) in the mid 1980's? He assaulted several women, usually hanging out in a large shoe store posing as a salesman, then fondling the women. Once, as I recall, he tackled a woman in a mall parking deck, forcibly removed her shoe, and began to suck her toes... that's when fetish becomes obsession...

smally

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
DC_DEEP said:
Traditionally, fetish refers to sexual interest in inanimate objects, like a shoe fetish or underwear fetish or leather fetish; fixation refers to unusual emphasis placed on body parts other than genitalia, such as a foot fixation, tit fixation, belly-button fixation. If either is taken to extremes, such that a person is preoccupied, or especially if that person cannot function sexually without the fetish or fixation, then it becomes obsession.

Hey, Freddie, do you remember the "Toadsuck Toe Sucker" from back (I think) in the mid 1980's? He assaulted several women, usually hanging out in a large shoe store posing as a salesman, then fondling the women. Once, as I recall, he tackled a woman in a mall parking deck, forcibly removed her shoe, and began to suck her toes... that's when fetish becomes obsession...

Very good definition: objects, fixation, and obsession... That is how I understood it, just as you described.

As for a toe-sucker, I just heard about this last week on tv.. I think this latest guy was on the floor in a subway car and got caught ...yea, here's the link:
http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/415302p-350938c.html

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, as an amateur educator in fetish behavior, I do have to understand the differences. Anyone interested in a flogging or hot wax seminar?