Fidelity

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I think most of you are right.
Though I am not without my charms, I don't feel that spending time with me (both in and out of bed) will be enough of an inducement for him to stop his wandering ways.
Having him as a FWB would have held alot of appeal 6 months ago, but strangely enough the idea at this point in time doesn't do anything for me.
It seems to be best to let him go his way, and I'll go mine and not wonder "what if?".

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Lets ask a hypothetical question.
Say a person was to get into a relationship with a "lad about town" eg. someone who was use to a busy sex life with a long string of sexual conquests behind him.
Is it unreasonable to expect that person to be monogamous?
Would the lure of new conquests-strange-new flesh be too much for him?
Would he ever be totally trust worthy?
Would it even be worth while even getting into a relationship with this person in the first place?

It is not unreasonable to hope or expect monogamy of/from a "lad about town". Lads are only about town so much b/c they need and want to find the perfect girl. When she is located, no reason to be all around town. He is a happy bloke and completely trustworthy. Of course (forget about the around town thing) a man's character should be evident in his treatment of a woman.
If the "lad about town" fancies you and is sincere and genuine beyond a fault and honest then YES! Have at him. I mean it. Very good relationships are had from/by "lads about town". We know what's what.

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
Lets ask a hypothetical question.
Say a person was to get into a relationship with a "lad about town" eg. someone who was use to a busy sex life with a long string of sexual conquests behind him.
Is it unreasonable to expect that person to be monogamous?
Would the lure of new conquests-strange-new flesh be too much for him?
Would he ever be totally trust worthy?
Would it even be worth while even getting into a relationship with this person in the first place?

depends on him as a person
is he the kind who had cheated before
or was he just free spirit while single
it really depends

ntstatic

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There is an old fable.....
Once upon a time, a scorpion approached a turtle, asking him to carry him across the river. At first, the turtle was hesitant, because he feared the scorpion would sting him, but he decided that if the scorpion did so, that they would both die, so he agreed. Sure enough, half way across, the scorpion stung the turtle Just before they both went under, the turtle turned t the scorpion and asked him why he had stung him, since they now both would die. The scorpion replied "because it is my nature". Can people change, and do they change? Of course--all the time. But only when strongly motivated to do so. We are not completely bound by our nature, but it takes a great deal of effort to overcome it. If someone doesn;t have a strong motivation to change their basic nature, especially one that is personally rewarding to them, the chances are they are not going to change it easily.

I always like people who prove their point with an anecdote.
Excellently put.

and about the question of fidelity. ive been married 13 years now. and ive been monogamous not only in 3 but all the four dimentions up till now.

so like david said it is in my nature to be monogamous