Fight trump and hate

D

deleted37010

I'd call into question those numbers. I'm sure there's more to it. I've lived and worked in areas that would make those numbers seem rather inflated.

Military.com | Oct 29, 2013 | by Richard Sisk
About 900,000 veterans and 5,000 active duty troops face cuts in their food stamp benefits beginning Thursday as $5 billion is automatically trimmed from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) program for low-income families.

Almost $104 million dollars worth of food stamps were used at military commissaries in 2013.
http://money.cnn.com/2014/02/17/news/economy/military-food-stamps/

LittleBuzzSaw

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Military.com | Oct 29, 2013 | by Richard Sisk
About 900,000 veterans and 5,000 active duty troops face cuts in their food stamp benefits beginning Thursday as $5 billion is automatically trimmed from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) program for low-income families.

Almost $104 million dollars worth of food stamps were used at military commissaries in 2013.
http://money.cnn.com/2014/02/17/news/economy/military-food-stamps/
Because the F'n democrats don't want to give the military pay raises and keep it in poverty. ..... Again..... research under what administrations pay raises have come under..... and how much they were.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My Stepfather *was* a small business owner for about 50 years, most of his adult life up until a month ago when he had to shut his business down because he couldn't afford the *required* coverage under the AHA *mandate* (due to his number of employees).

This administration has choked small businesses more than any other in history, and as a result we now have less small businesses than ever.

The astronomical fees are being passed to businesses and the gainfully employed. That's why my personal deductible went up over $6,000 this year for less coverage.

I'm far more familiar with the AHA than you may think.
If you think we can pull the "good pre-existing clause" out separately, you don't understand it at all.
When I think of small businesses I think of mine. 2 employees. I owned and ran a B&B for 16 years. I had to purchase insurance on the open market. I was referring to businesses with less than 50 employees. They are not required to provide insurance. Businesses with less than 25 employees get a tax break IF they do.

LittleBuzzSaw

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
If you think we can pull the "good pre-existing clause" out separately, you don't understand it at all.
When I think of small businesses I think of mine. 2 employees. I owned and ran a B&B for 16 years. I had to purchase insurance on the open market. I was referring to businesses with less than 50 employees. They are not required to provide insurance. Businesses with less than 25 employees get a tax break IF they do.
I wasn't trying to suggest "pulling it".... I think that's a very good thing. We just need to figure out a way for it NOT to cost individuals an arm and a leg.

Cancer is also being cured..... but that goes against big pharma..... which is a huge no-no here. And that's F'd up.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'd call into question those numbers. I'm sure there's more to it. I've lived and worked in areas that would make those numbers seem rather inflated.
You call into question those numbers simply because they don't fit into your pre-conception of what a welfare recipient is.(leeches)

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I wasn't trying to suggest "pulling it".... I think that's a very good thing. We just need to figure out a way for it NOT to cost individuals an arm and a leg.

Cancer is also being cured..... but that goes against big pharma..... which is a huge no-no here. And that's F'd up.
I'm sorry, i used the wrong word. I didn't mean pulling it out. I meant getting rid of Obamacare while keeping the ban on pre-existing conditions. Is that something you'd support?

LittleBuzzSaw

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
You call into question those numbers simply because they don't fit into your pre-conception of what a welfare recipient is.(leeches)
No, I call into question those numbers because where I worked as a police officer (and where I've lived as a private citizen), about 80% of the population was on government assistance..... and about 80% of the recipients specifically found jobs where they would never be paid over the "cut off" amount to continue the government assistance (purposefully limited their hours/pay rate).

Social programs like that do help some people, but a good majority of them know how to work the system and have absolutely no plans to "get off of free stuff" they have learned how to master receiving.

D

deleted37010

because many people covered by this umbrella portion have never been gainfully employed and never will
is there a credible citation to verify this... or is this just one of those things you know?

LittleBuzzSaw

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I'm sorry, i used the wrong word. I didn't mean pulling it out. I meant getting rid of Obamacare while keeping the ban on pre-existing conditions. Is that something you'd support?
No no no, not at all...... I do NOT want a ban on pre-existing conditions..... but we have to find *some* way to keep the insurance companies from raping everyone on premiums and cost, which the AHA *clearly* has not accomplished.

LittleBuzzSaw

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
is there a credible citation to verify this... or is this just one of those things you know?
I have lived in some pretty poor areas, and worked in them the majority of the time I was on patrol...... I can't count the number of times I heard people brag about how good it was to be getting free stuff off of the government, not wanting to take extra hours or pay raises because that would put them at a pay rate negating their current assistance (EBT, bill payments, cell phones, etc.), and most off all, going above a certain pay bracket would disallow them from section 8 housing, or put their rent into a bracket they "couldn't afford".

Again, there are some individuals that these programs help greatly, but they get off of them as soon as they possibly can..... but a good majority of them milk it for everything it's worth..... and have learned how to master it.

D

deleted37010

about 80% of the population was on government assistance..... and about 80% of the recipients specifically found jobs where they would never be paid over the "cut off" amount to continue the government assistance (purposefully limited their hours/pay rate).
can you verify this.... or is it just another thing you know?

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
No, I call into question those numbers because where I worked as a police officer (and where I've lived as a private citizen), about 80% of the population was on government assistance..... and about 80% of the recipients specifically found jobs where they would never be paid over the "cut off" amount to continue the government assistance (purposefully limited their hours/pay rate).

Social programs like that do help some people, but a good majority of them know how to work the system and have absolutely no plans to "get off of free stuff" they have learned how to master receiving.
Your response just confirms you question the numbers because of your own bias. You responded with "your experience", never considering that it might not represent the majority of welfare recipients.

LittleBuzzSaw

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Specific percentages and numbers, no. But I can tell you with certainty very few people in some of the areas I have lived, and most of the areas I patrolled, had jobs..... and many of the ones who did have jobs, did not hide the fact they wanted no more hours and no raises due to losing government benefits...... and they had no problem hiding it from uniformed officers, usually loving to remind us of the fact that *we* paid for their living expenses.

And the "cut-off/reduction" rates in benefits I'm sure vary state to state. I know Texas and Louisiana are different from being a police officer in both places and having to deal with the "lovelies" there.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
No no no, not at all...... I do NOT want a ban on pre-existing conditions..... but we have to find *some* way to keep the insurance companies from raping everyone on premiums and cost, which the AHA *clearly* has not accomplished.
See you don't understand Obamacare. You can't have coverage for people with pre-existing conditions(sick people who are costly and non profitable to cover) without the individual mandate(healthy people who are profitable to cover). The individual mandate pays for the ban on not covering pre-existing conditions. Remove the individual mandate and their is no way to pay for the people with pre-existing conditions.
Or do you know of a way to make it profitable to insure sick people?

LittleBuzzSaw

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Your response just confirms you question the numbers because of your own bias. You responded with "your experience", never considering that it might not represent the majority of welfare recipients.
In "my experience" I worked and lived (for many years) in a couple of the areas with the highest number, and the highest concentration of people receiving government assistance.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In "my experience" I worked and lived (for many years) in a couple of the areas with the highest number, and the highest concentration of people receiving government assistance.
And the majority of people living in poverty in the USA live in rural areas, not urban, and are white, not the commonly believed urban African-American.
Not what you had in mind.
While poverty rates are highest in inner cities, only 23 percent of those in poverty live there. Overall, poverty rates in rural areas have been and continue to be consistently higher than those found in urban areas, which includes inner cities.

http://www.sullivan-county.com/nf0/dispatch/pov_myths.htm

LittleBuzzSaw

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
See you don't understand Obamacare. You can't have coverage for people with pre-existing conditions(sick people who are costly and non profitable to cover) without the individual mandate(healthy people who are profitable to cover). The individual mandate pays for the ban on not covering pre-existing conditions. Remove the individual mandate and their is no way to pay for the people with pre-existing conditions.
Or do you know of a way to make it profitable to insure sick people?
I understand the AHA very well. You CAN have coverage for people with pre-existing conditions, but charging everyone else for the burden is wrong. Now, also, we need to look at corporate salaries withing the medical insurance companies; and let's face it, once you dictate a salary, you're going into invasion of a free-market economy and private business, which I don't believe in....... so ..... do I have all the answers, no. But I certainly believe we could vastly improve.

However penalizing private individuals on behalf of someone else is wrong.

I really do think we could have comprehensive healthcare even for individuals with PEC's as long as *everyone* was paying a certain percentage according to income (maybe?), the same as income tax (which is ridiculous but I believe should be taxed at an even percentage according to income).

If I had all the answers I would be making 7-8 figures like every other "genius" in Washington.

LittleBuzzSaw

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
And the majority of people living in poverty in the USA live in rural areas, not urban, and are white, not the commonly believed urban African-American.
Not what you had in mind.
While poverty rates are highest in inner cities, only 23 percent of those in poverty live there. Overall, poverty rates in rural areas have been and continue to be consistently higher than those found in urban areas, which includes inner cities.

http://www.sullivan-county.com/nf0/dispatch/pov_myths.htm
Please don't assume "what I meant". I am aware of most of what the article stated. It's not a bad source..... 20 years old, but still valuable. I also know the difference between living 2 miles from my nearest neighbor (outside of Alto, Texas), and living in areas where most people like me would be shot on site (Houston's Sunnyside ).

D

deleted37010

I understand the AHA very well. You CAN have coverage for people with pre-existing conditions, but charging everyone else for the burden is wrong.
i read sentence one.... and then i read sentence two.... puzzled... i read sentence one... and then i read sentence two....puzzled...i read...