Fighting For Acceptance: Uncovering America

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Lex, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

I found this on CNN.com and it seems to hit on all the "big issues."

Enjoy

Uncovering America: Fighting for Acceptance - Special Reports from CNN.com

Here are some exerpts:

2. SomeGuyOverThere

Gold Member

Wasn't there that whole issue recently of translaters (and quite a number of them) being discharged for being gay?

They have this whole "don't ask, don't tell" bullshit, which is another way of sying "don't join the military if you're bent, unless you can hide it fucking well".

It's sad, but finding members of the same sex attractive is still basically a one way ticket to being a second class citizen in many countries and in many parts of even the most forward looking places.

3. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
  4. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

The day I start giving a flying fuck about that is the day I want you and Zora to meet me at my house and shoot me, okay?

These issues are real and we all know it.

5. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Yes, there was that controversy... and also a case (I started a thread about it) where one man was discharged under DADT, recalled and sent to Iraq, and discharged again under DADT - but still with a recall status. It's sick and it's hypocritical.
    SG, it's not just CNN that's lefty-liberal biased media. I got blasted by a couple of our brilliant right-wingers for quoting the liberal media once, when I linked to an article in The Washington Times (that's our local paper for Bush-supporter-types). The only thing I could figure on that one, was that the article said some pretty harsh things about the case I mentioned above.

6. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    I didn't like how they listed peoples first and last names.
    That's just jacked up, and trouble waiting to happen.

Did anybody see the Yahoo report on how they found a "Cure" for Homosexuality? Apparently they found the gay Gene, and a way to "Cure it" by medication.

Sadly, such a report gives false hope to ill-informed parents, and more ammo for bigots and homophobes to start a war they cant finish.

Also the CNN report on the VA school rule of No Touching chimes in with this too. It's proof that there are many schools continuing to corrupt young minds with corrupt old school mentality.

Why cant people just leave people alone.

Draft saved Draft deleted