Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I found this on CNN.com and it seems to hit on all the "big issues."

Enjoy

Uncovering America: Fighting for Acceptance - Special Reports from CNN.com

Here are some exerpts:
CNN.com said:
A couple of years after they met in Ponca City, Oklahoma, Sharon and Tanya decided to make a big move to Massachusetts, which since 2004 has been the only one of 50 states to permit same-sex couples to get married legally. More than 8,500 couples have done so, including at least one couple from Oklahoma.

They did so for at least three reasons. First, both wanted to adopt the son and daughter that Sharon had adopted as a single parent.

Second, Tanya was a police officer and says she started having problems on the job because of her sexual orientation.

Third, the couple say they wanted to "validate" their relationship.
The were legally married on January 21, 2005, in a small ceremony at the courthouse in Plymouth, Massachusetts, at which time Sharon took Tanya's last name of Dillard.

Now, the Dillards have decided to move back to Oklahoma -- one of 27 states that have passed an amendment to their constitutions outlawing same-sex couples from getting married and denying recognition of such a marriage "performed in another state."

In doing so, they will be forced to navigate a shifting patchwork of state and federal laws giving them different rights in different states. ...

Anthony Wilfert is hoping change will come too -- to the military. For him, though, it will come too late.

Now 22 and originally from Cincinnati, Ohio, Wilfert reached the rank of sergeant while serving for three years in the Army, including a recently completed 12-month tour of Iraq. Then he was discharged for being gay....

SomeGuyOverThere

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Wasn't there that whole issue recently of translaters (and quite a number of them) being discharged for being gay?

They have this whole "don't ask, don't tell" bullshit, which is another way of sying "don't join the military if you're bent, unless you can hide it fucking well".

It's sad, but finding members of the same sex attractive is still basically a one way ticket to being a second class citizen in many countries and in many parts of even the most forward looking places.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You can't quote CNN here, Lex. No one can. To do so will expose you to a flurry of accusations of being a willing dupe of the liberal media and its flagrant bias.

The day I start giving a flying fuck about that is the day I want you and Zora to meet me at my house and shoot me, okay?

These issues are real and we all know it.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wasn't there that whole issue recently of translaters (and quite a number of them) being discharged for being gay?
<...>
It's sad, but finding members of the same sex attractive is still basically a one way ticket to being a second class citizen in many countries and in many parts of even the most forward looking places.
Yes, there was that controversy... and also a case (I started a thread about it) where one man was discharged under DADT, recalled and sent to Iraq, and discharged again under DADT - but still with a recall status. It's sick and it's hypocritical.
You can't quote CNN here, Lex. No one can. To do so will expose you to a flurry of accusations of being a willing dupe of the liberal media and its flagrant bias.
SG, it's not just CNN that's lefty-liberal biased media. I got blasted by a couple of our brilliant right-wingers for quoting the liberal media once, when I linked to an article in The Washington Times (that's our local paper for Bush-supporter-types). The only thing I could figure on that one, was that the article said some pretty harsh things about the case I mentioned above.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I didn't like how they listed peoples first and last names.
That's just jacked up, and trouble waiting to happen.

Did anybody see the Yahoo report on how they found a "Cure" for Homosexuality? Apparently they found the gay Gene, and a way to "Cure it" by medication.

Sadly, such a report gives false hope to ill-informed parents, and more ammo for bigots and homophobes to start a war they cant finish.

Also the CNN report on the VA school rule of No Touching chimes in with this too. It's proof that there are many schools continuing to corrupt young minds with corrupt old school mentality.

Why cant people just leave people alone.