Fighting men...

Attila the Hung

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Question for the ladies here, are any of you particularly drawn or attracted to men who are actively into MMA/Boxing both as participants and fans? I ask because when me and my gf first met I told her about my boxing background and that I loved to box and that I actively watch and followed the sport since my youth, and she told me that she found that very attractive and a turn on of sorts.

When I asked her why she felt that way though she couldn`t really give me an accurate answer as to why, she only said its such a manly and masculine thing for a man to be into combat sports and that it turned her on knowing she was with a guy who can handle himself if the situation called for it be it to protect her or myself.

Anyone here ever felt the same way or been attracted to men who were former/current fighters? And what are your thoughts on combat sports in general? Any interest in them at all or do you find them too violent for your enjoyment? I am genuinely curious to hear what you ladies (and men if you want to chime in) have to say on this matter, I look forward to all replies.

Attila the Hung

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I wouldn't want to be around a man for whom violence was a sport.

Why is that? Is it because you assume he would be violent outside of the ring? Because if that is the case I can assure you that more often than not its the furthest thing from the truth. Having boxed myself for several years and being on friendly terms with some of the local boxers from my hometown I can tell you that most fighters are very friendly and easy going outside of the ring.

There are the odd exceptions of course but generally speaking we leave all our aggression in the ring/gym and outside of it we are just like anybody else. Besides, boxing/mma is not just about getting in there and mindlessly battering your opponent into a bloody heap on the canvas, fighting professionaly is not like some Rocky movie were two men walk towards each other looking to trade blows until someone falls.

Boxing is called the sweet science for a reason, behind the blood and guts there is some beautiful skill on display by fighters who have spent most of their life practicing and learning their craft. Anyway I am going off topic here but I am curious to know why you feel the way you do.

Attila the Hung

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Before this thread goes any further, can those of you who replied so far go into a bit more detail as to why you like or dislike men who are fighters by trade or for sport? Same goes for anyone who would like to contribute but who hasn`t yet, please give more than just a simple yes or no answer, that way we can have some real convo here about this topic which I would like very much as this is a subject that is of great interest to me.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
I used to be an amateur boxer. Yes it is violent, but it is not about that. Not for me at least.

I don't feel the slightest compunction to justify it to anyone. It was something that I did for myself.

BigLoveRod

Just Browsing
Media
offtopic: Did you see that last MMA fight with Fedor? He did not knock out his opponent. The guy was still lucid and defending himself while on the floor.

The rematch will be something else.

ontopic: I've heard women say they don't like a real beat up look on a boxer. Broke nose and cauliflower ears. Other than that I have no idea what the consensus might be.

Attila the Hung

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I used to be an amateur boxer. Yes it is violent, but it is not about that. Not for me at least.

I don't feel the slightest compunction to justify it to anyone. It was something that I did for myself.

Well said and I agree. Did any of the women you have been with know about your background in boxing and if so what were their thoughts on it?

Attila the Hung

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
offtopic: Did you see that last MMA fight with Fedor? He did not knock out his opponent. The guy was still lucid and defending himself while on the floor.

Was it guy named Rodgers or sumthing? If it is my cousin showed me a clip of the stoppage and while it looked a tad premature Fedor was going to win anyway imo, but tbh I don`t follow MMA at all and am very much a diehard boxing fan first and foremost. Slightly off topic as well but I do have one of the largest collections of vintage fight films in the world, been collecting fight films since I was 12.

ontopie: I've heard women say they don't like a real beat up look on a boxer. Broke nose and cauliflower ears.

I have heard the same thing, luckily for me I learned the art of hit and not getting hit rather well, so besides some minor scar tissue around the eyes I do not look like someone who used to box.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Well said and I agree. Did any of the women you have been with know about your background in boxing and if so what were their thoughts on it?

I think that women probably like men who can either win or can pick themselves up and dust them themselves off again. You don't have to go into a boxing ring to prove that.

BigLoveRod

Just Browsing
Media
Was it guy named...
...not look like someone who used to box.

Yeah, I think that was the name.

Cool, I learned to watch fights with my grandfather. That was of his generation. PBS lately put out the story of Jack Johnson - Unforgivable Blackness(?). That was a fascinating story.

Attila the Hung

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I personally hate violence. Boxing, or any other martial art is not however about violence. Violence may be a consequence, but it is not a cause.

Well said again. However re my previous question to you, your answer didn`t really answer what I was asking you as to how previous partners of yours felt about your fighting background.... were they indifferent, intrigued or disapproving? I am curious to know.

Attila the Hung

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Don't get offended. I do not like violence of any sort.

No offense taken, however just because you do not like violence of any kind does that mean you dislike or rather not associate with people who actively participate in combat sports? And if the answer is yes, why is that?

They are regular folks like everyone else after all, only they happen to fight for a living instead of working a 9to5 job or do it out of love for the sport. The violence they engage in stays in the gym/ring, us fighters don`t bring it home with us in most cases.

Patchos

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Punching someone in the head is violence whether it's on the street or in a ring. I don't like violence of any kind, even the sporting kind.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's been a long time since I dated a man I wasn't sure could fight. I do want to know that my man has training and experience in some (or several, in my husband's case) martial arts. I also was very comforted when my husband taught me how to use a shotgun, and bought himself one that I could use without causing further damage to my injured shoulder. When I took Kung-Fu, Sifu reminded us constantly, that while we were together in peace, we were together to learn war. I think about that when I see my man practicing with his bokken, or putting himself through certain drills. It fills me with an unparalleled sense of security, and definitely puts me in an amorous mood at times.

At the same time, I don't think I would want him to participate in MMA competitions or anything like that. I'm actually really sensitive to violence in general, but when I know the people involved, I feel sick and dizzy! I cried for weeks when a close friend of mine decided to try his hand at boxing. And though I was verbally as supportive as possible, I was secretly deeply relieved when he discovered that it was pretty much impossible to be a 5'7" super-heavyweight. He was ridiculously strong, and relatively fast for his mass, but he just couldn't get past his opponents' long-ass reaches. I found I just couldn't watch him taking hits, even in practice. It definitely doesn't ring my bells.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think that they should add pimpslaps, beyotchslaps, sashays, toddler shaking and Vogue dancing in mixed martial arts. Add all this to the UFC rulebook. UFC will be a unstoppable ca$hcow!!!