Final Fantasy 13, PS3 Fans, Gamers

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Hey everyone,

I remember a long time ago seeing a generic thread for anyone who's a fan of the Final Fantasy franchise -- myself included. I just wanted to know who's on LPSG, has an account on the PlayStation Network, and happens to enjoy RPGs like Final Fantasy 13. I just started the game and an account, and I thought I'd see what's up.

For those interested, my PSN handle is Charmingham.

I actually like FF13 now. Im upto Palumpolum and it's been more interesting of late.

I don't use my PSNetwork account for FF tho, only online racing games. :biggrin1:

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Sweet. What chapter are you on? I think I'm starting Chapter 4. I got past the frozen Lake Bresha and that ruined city and beat the boss there.

Anyway, I'm more interested in PSN names just for chatting and friends on there. AFAIK, you don't really play FF13 online with another person.

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
DON'T PLAY FINAL FANTASY XII!!!

It's a fucking abomination. This is a summary of the game:

Walk around a fixed/closed area for ten minutes > cut scene
Walk around a fixed/closed area for ten minutes > cut scene
Walk around a fixed/closed area for ten minutes > cut scene > Boss

If you want a good game try Demon's Souls which I will be playing next month. But FF XIII is awful. I mean I thought MGS4 was bad but compared to FF13 MGS 4 is like FF7.

Really, its a bad game.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
*bump*

Okay, now that I beat FF13, I changed my PSN name to something I actually like: Prepossessing. Contrary to what the prefix might suggest, it refers to someone whose looks and character are extremely intriguing, commanding the attention of others. :p (My hair does it, really.)

*bump*

Okay, now that I beat FF13, I changed my PSN name to something I actually like: Prepossessing. Contrary to what the prefix might suggest, it refers to someone whose looks and character are extremely intriguing, commanding the attention of others. :p (My hair does it, really.)

I'm up to chapter 10 on FF13 (best not say where that is lol). Enjoying it a bit more now - altho it's still pretty linear. Good characters though.

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have been playing MG since I was born, I love all of those games. MGS4 is awesome.:mad:

Exactly. Every MGS game is better than the previous one. MGS4 is like the freaking magnum opus of the series. All the storylines come to a head, characters come back, nostalagia and nods to the other games are abundant, plus, there's some great gameplay. There tends to be alot of cutscenes, but you really don't mind because it only adds to the cinematic feeling of the series.

and i thought Guns of the Patriots was such a cool subtitle when i first heard it. :tongue:

btw, i can't even bear to finish FF12 because the characters and the storyline were not nearly as interesting as previous ones. From what i've heard FF13 is pretty much the same way. FF10 was just plain beautiful when it came to story and the whole mythology of Yevon and Spira. Plus, that ending!!!

JacobFox

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Exactly. Every MGS game is better than the previous one. MGS4 is like the freaking magnum opus of the series. All the storylines come to a head, characters come back, nostalagia and nods to the other games are abundant, plus, there's some great gameplay. There tends to be alot of cutscenes, but you really don't mind because it only adds to the cinematic feeling of the series.

and i thought Guns of the Patriots was such a cool subtitle when i first heard it. :tongue:

btw, i can't even bear to finish FF12 because the characters and the storyline were not nearly as interesting as previous ones. From what i've heard FF13 is pretty much the same way. FF10 was just plain beautiful when it came to story and the whole mythology of Yevon and Spira. Plus, that ending!!!

I feel you, 100%!