Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Just wanted to see if there are any other Final Fantasy fans out there on LPSG :biggrin1:

In my humble opinion, Final Fantasy is one of the best game franchises ever for my time (I'm 19 this year) :wink:

I particularly like Final Fantasy VII, IX, and the Kingdom Hearts series.

FF is cool, man. Not into it as much as I used to be (33 now) takes too much time! - still think it's cool though.

Played ff7 - ff12.

PS: That's not Cloud in your avatar is it? ;)

starter

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Hell YA!!! I'm playing ff5 for ds right now, it's pretty good and i played 7 and 8.
The new trailer for the next one look insane!
FF for life baby B-)

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
7 is the best!

The recent ones (12 and 11 and even 10 to an extent) have been rather poor.

None have had the brilliance of 7 though. The characters, the battles, the...deaths. They were all perfect.

I particularly liked Vincent's backstory. You find out how he was turned into a monster.

Plus I think the bosses were the hardest too. Not really the storyline bosses but the secret bosses like the weapons. Of course when you know how its easy. I can beat Emerald in under five minutes now. Ruby is much harder though.

So yes...7 is my favourite although 5 was good too. A lot of the older ones all have the same basic story though...about crystals. I think 7 is the only one that was truly inspired. The author wrote it after his mother died apparently.

Hugh Mann

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've been a huge fan of the series since the first one came out. I can remember saving up the money to buy it for the NES.

My favorites are 4, (2 in the U.S.), 8, and 12. 6 and 7 were fun. The only one I didn't enjoy was 10. The linearity really ruined that game.

7 is the best!

None have had the brilliance of 7 though. The characters, the battles, the...deaths. They were all perfect.

I particularly liked Vincent's backstory. You find out how he was turned into a monster.

Plus I think the bosses were the hardest too. Not really the storyline bosses but the secret bosses like the weapons. Of course when you know how its easy. I can beat Emerald in under five minutes now. Ruby is much harder though.

So yes...7 is my favourite although 5 was good too. A lot of the older ones all have the same basic story though...about crystals. I think 7 is the only one that was truly inspired. The author wrote it after his mother died apparently.

Yeh, 7 is by far the best. Really immersive storyline (dont remember learning much about vincent - maybe i didnt do the extra bits?).
9 and 12 are also good, i reckon. Didnt like 8 and thought 10 was a bit crap.
Only one ive spent ages doing all the extra bits is 9 - killed osma and all that kinda stuff ;)

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The Vincent story is done in secret cutscenes. They happen at the secret waterfall where Lucrecia is. Lucrecia is Sephiroth's 'mother'.

Tempted to start a new game now. Has anyone seen Aeris' Lv4 Limit Break? It looks pretty amazing.

I'm such a geek!

swedish fish88

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It was something about 9 that made it my favorite in the series. I think it might be because even though characters were super deformed, they were the most "human" to me.

Autofellatio

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
FF is cool, man. Not into it as much as I used to be (33 now) takes too much time! - still think it's cool though.

Played ff7 - ff12.

PS: That's not Cloud in your avatar is it? ;)

Yeah, it takes a lot of time to play...

Picked up FFIX when I was 12 and haven't stopped the madness for the last 7 years :tongue:

Cloud is considerably hot, too :biggrin1:

And yes, he's my avatar :wink:

7 is the best!

I personally have a tie between 7 and 9 for my favorite. Kingdom Hearts does not count because it's part Disney :tongue:

Have to agree with you about the FF's being slightly poor from 10 onwards. In fact, some people on the internet call FFIX the 'Last Great FF' or even the 'Last Great Game of the PS1 Era'.

God, someone needs to call in the geek police on us :D

Anyways... 7's storyline was brilliant ahead of its time. I sometimes try to imagine what 7 might have been like if it swapped places with 8, and I shudder at the possible outcomes of that.

Vincent's cool! I went through all that trouble to get him, and his LV4 Limit, too :)

FFIX has a rather nasty optional boss - Ozma. I've never beaten ANY optional boss, but Ozma was still a nasty bugger to fight ;)

It was something about 9 that made it my favorite in the series. I think it might be because even though characters were super deformed, they were the most "human" to me.

Same here - FFIX's characters I felt I could really relate to, since they were the closest to reality when compared to people from the other games.

Last edited:

The Vincent story is done in secret cutscenes. They happen at the secret waterfall where Lucrecia is. Lucrecia is Sephiroth's 'mother'.

Tempted to start a new game now. Has anyone seen Aeris' Lv4 Limit Break? It looks pretty amazing.

I'm such a geek!

Ohh, that's right - i couldn't get in the waterfall - or lucrecia wasn't there because i'd passed that part of the game, bah.
Woah - didn't know she was jenova tho?! Bit of a horrible mum, her haha.

Autofellatio: Yeh ozma was hard - like this wierd ball thing. I got to chocobo heaven on 9 too :tongue:
I thought it was a gr8 return to form after 8 - very back to basics and old skool cool.
Picked 7 up when it came out (i was 22 i think) - but got me little sister into it after a while and she still loves it (18 now).

PS: I believed ppl that if you did certain things you could bring aeris back to life - but it was a lie. grrrr. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Even explaining Sephiroth's mother is too complicated. Here is an excellent plot guide that explains everything. Very interesting read:

GameFAQs: Final Fantasy VII (PC) Plot Analysis by falsehead

You can also read a transcript of the secret waterfall scene there. Its some excellent writing.

But to answer your question. Lucrecia was impregnated by Hojo and during the pregnancy Hojo injected her with Jenova cells. Remember Sephiroth says he never knew his parents, so he assumes that Jenova is his mother but technically Lucrecia was his birth mother. The Jenova cells were added as part of the twisted experiment.

I loved the character of Vincent, so dark and mysterious and tragic.

A great quote of his is "More nightmares will come to me now. More than I previously had."

and

"There was no way to cancel the experiment. I couldn't stop her. That was my sin. I let the one I loved, the one I respected most, face the worst."

Yes, FF7 had a big effect on me!

Autofellatio

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Not to forget the Turks! :wink:

Those four really cracked me up, except for Tseng :tongue:

And in FFIX, there's a scene where Zidane got a handful of Garnet's ass LOL

For the record, I do not lock myself in my room and get-off on video game material :rolleyes:

... Though, I have to admit - give me almost any of the guys/gals from the FF series, and I'll be happy to have my wicked way with them :biggrin1:

Last edited:

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The Turks has a cool theme music! And Reno was so cool. That battle on top of Sector 7 near the beginning is so cool.

I'm reading the plot guide now...such a brilliant story.

Autofellatio

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
The Turks has a cool theme music! And Reno was so cool. That battle on top of Sector 7 near the beginning is so cool.

I'm reading the plot guide now...such a brilliant story.

Don't tell me that just reading this thread got you back into the mood for the magic of FF :cool:

And yes, the Sector 7 battle was damned fine! Makes you wonder how Reno survived when he jumped-off the platform where the bomb was, and since the plate fell after that :confused:

Plus, I'm thinking of doing my hair up in Reno (FFVII) or Demyx (KHII) style after my A-levels are over.

I know - I'm obssesed :eek:

If you do like FFVII that much, try reading the following story:

Final Fantasy VII, a Final Fantasy VII fanfic - FanFiction.Net

I write fanfiction over on that website, and found this story from another FFVII fan. It's incomplete, but quite good - a novelization of the game.

Perfect for those who still love the FFVII universe, but who are too busy to enjoy its gaming pleasures :biggrin1:

_avg_

Sexy Member
Media
Well, they're some of the only video game characters to actually ever go to the bathroom...

*tinkle tinkle*

FFIX was [series creator] Sakaguchi's favorite, and it is mine as well. FFXII was pretty good, but I got 120 hours into it and STILL hadn't beaten it. First FF game I didn't yet complete...and I played Mystic Quest!!

Autofellatio

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Well, they're some of the only video game characters to actually ever go to the bathroom...

*tinkle tinkle*

FFIX was [series creator] Sakaguchi's favorite, and it is mine as well. FFXII was pretty good, but I got 120 hours into it and STILL hadn't beaten it. First FF game I didn't yet complete...and I played Mystic Quest!!

KYAHAHAHA!

You remembered THAT, of all things... I remember laughing my ass off at that scene *cackles*

And yes, FFIX was so dreamy and nostalgic... That's why it was so loved by many FF fans...

They say nowadays that the demise of the FF franchise started with FFX :frown1:

swedish fish88

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In my opinion, 8 was the worst, taking away armor and mp and having a moping asshole for a main character. The only thing I liked about it was the world map theme.