Final Fantasy

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah Persona 3 was okay but it had this J-pop soundtrack which got annoying. Also it had other very Japanese qualities (such as people calling their friends -Chan eg Lemon chan).

But P4 has great reviews. The basic premise is:

The game once again, take place in a stylish Japanese town, where the nameless protagonist comes to live for a single year with his uncle and niece. But soon after his arrival, a series of grisly murders are committed by a vicious serial killer with the habit of hanging his dead victims bodies upside down. Soon, the protagonist and his newly made friends from the local school, realize that the murders may be connected to a recent rumor of the Midnight Channel, a mysterious show that appears on shut down televisions during rainy nights where people say your soul mate will appear. Only, it's not your soul mate, it's the murderer's next victim!

Gifted with the power of Personas, magical creatures that represent your inner self, you and your classmates start their investigation of the murders and try to save the potential victims of the maniac, by entering the Midnight Channel and wading through different persons own feelings and fears to save them from themselves and the killer before it's too late.

Already it sounds much better than FF XIII. There are hundreds of different Persona too all based on mythological creatures / deities which I enjoy. For example there is a Lamia, Jack Frost, Gorgon, etc.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
XIII is shit!

Honestly...it is bad.

I really couldn't agree less with your whole post. Reviewers generally agree with my feeling about it--it's not the strongest FF, but it's still a great game. You hated XII. You didn't like X. So you haven't liked Final Fantasy games in about ten years. That's fine, but I feel your opinion is different from what people like me, who enjoyed X and XII, feel.

Also, I'm rather surprised at the complaints about the music. I think that Masashi Hamauzu has done a great job picking up the torch from Uematsu, actually.

As for the game in total, I'm just going to say again that my opinion of it changed after I got to Gran Pulse and finished the game. It feels very linear up to that point and until you unlock the later levels of the Crystarium, the gameplay is very repetitive. If you bought it and you're feeling badly about it in chapter three, you may want to just stick it out until you get to chapter 11. Seems like a lot, but it's actually less than half the game because the later areas are so much bigger (and because the mission content in Gran Pulse is a major piece of the game).

Heavy Rain looks interesting. I've heard bad things about the controls and that the characters fall into the uncanny valley sometimes, but it still might be worth a buy. :smile:

Icantthinkofaname

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The Persona games have an interesting storyline and solid gameplay behind them, the only reason I've never picked one up myself is that I just can't seem to get my hands on one here.

And FFXIII is... Okay it's not the most amazing game ever but I like it so far. Fang is probably one of the best characters in the entire series, and if she and Vanille aren't doing it, I'll bite off my finger tips.

Autofellatio

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I really couldn't agree less with your whole post. Reviewers generally agree with my feeling about it--it's not the strongest FF, but it's still a great game. You hated XII. You didn't like X. So you haven't liked Final Fantasy games in about ten years. That's fine, but I feel your opinion is different from what people like me, who enjoyed X and XII, feel.

Well-reasoned :smile:

I might have personally found FFX to be a tad draggy, but I can see what you are saying.

Also, I'm rather surprised at the complaints about the music. I think that Masashi Hamauzu has done a great job picking up the torch from Uematsu, actually.

I'll give him some credit here; he did come up with a nice beat for some of the pieces.

But my issue is that... ALL the good pieces in the game follow that SAME beat :frown1:

He is good, no doubt about it... But he could probably do with a greater variety of beats at his disposal.

As for the game in total, I'm just going to say again that my opinion of it changed after I got to Gran Pulse and finished the game. It feels very linear up to that point and until you unlock the later levels of the Crystarium, the gameplay is very repetitive. If you bought it and you're feeling badly about it in chapter three, you may want to just stick it out until you get to chapter 11. Seems like a lot, but it's actually less than half the game because the later areas are so much bigger (and because the mission content in Gran Pulse is a major piece of the game).

Reasonable claim, but in all honesty, it would be quite bad if someone had to complete half a game to reach the point where things speed up.

But if the plot build-up is executed well in the slow portions, then it wouldn't be too objectionable.

Heavy Rain looks interesting. I've heard bad things about the controls and that the characters fall into the uncanny valley sometimes, but it still might be worth a buy. :smile:

Now this is one game I'm eye-balling. Interesting premises and concepts behind it.

A mate loved Heavy Rain recently (after playing FF13 to chapter 11, then giving up cos the fights got too hard, lol).

I'll probs continue with FF13, and just see it for what it is, maybe without worrying too much how it compares to other games. The characters and story are better so far than FF12, but the gameplay is too repetitive. I do miss being able to roam round and find out for myself where to go. Oh well, I'll reserve judgement till I've played the 2nd part of the game...

Still think the music aint up to much tho. :( Would love to see them get Hans Zimmer or a film composer involved.

LOL!

I'm sure there was some dodgy Tekken p0rn-art floating round at one time...

NOINRI

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I got "Final Fantasy XIII" last week but have yet to play it because I'd like to finish "Mass Effect 2" first, but I'm very excited and anticipatory for it.

I know I'll love it.

Is it bad that a year later this statement is still true?

LOL!

I've just gone back to Racedriver:Grid after finishing Uncharted2 and getting bored with GT5.

PS: I <3 Noinri's avatar.

holstein89

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Sadly I got stuck on Final Fantasy X and X2

X was good by the graphic + hot charecters but X2 turn me into a male lesbian seriously lol

The fancy Yuna girl, the almost naked promicous Rikku and the butch lesbo of Payne... my lesbian side born the day I played that game

Maybe I´ll play the newest Final Fantasy just because Snow Villers its hot

Thekid5991

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Just playing FF7R now for the first time ever and I am crushing so hard on Cloud.. No other gaming character has even gotten that reaction out of me

game is great too, I am fully hooked to this series now