Final Fantasy

swedish fish88

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Has anyone else found it strange that given the unrealistic prettiness of the male ff characters, none of them are gay? (Kuja and his purple thong wearing-ass come to mind.) Kinda ironic...

Autofellatio

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Has anyone else found it strange that given the unrealistic prettiness of the male ff characters, none of them are gay? (Kuja and his purple thong wearing-ass come to mind.) Kinda ironic...

As far as I know, no canon information on the characters' orientations was ever revealed...

Unless you count Don Corneo's perving, that is :tongue:

Autofellatio

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Don Corneo was hilarious! :biggrin1:

I especially like the part when *SPOILERS!* Reno kicked him off the statue in Wutai, while Rude watched and Elena was strung up there like a bug.

"None of the above. We do it..."

"... because it's our job."

I especially like the part when *SPOILERS!* Reno kicked him off the statue in Wutai, while Rude watched and Elena was strung up there like a bug.

"None of the above. We do it..."

"... because it's our job."

That was a cool bit! :biggrin1:

Stupid Yuffie kept nicking all my stuff b4 I got to Wutai. Grrrrr...

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
That was a cool bit! :biggrin1:

Stupid Yuffie kept nicking all my stuff b4 I got to Wutai. Grrrrr...

I found that annoying too, but then just got into the habit of just leveling up a lot so that by the time that part came around my physical attacks were powerful enough on their own and that I had the toughest weapons and protection equipment attatched before that section. Granted it was a bit time consuming, but a heck of a lot less annoying than dying over and over again in that boss fight on top of the mountain. Was worth it though to get Yuffie to join your party, as like Vincent she had some of the coolest limit breaks and attack power if you knew how to use her correctly.

Come to think of it, 7 is still the only one out of the series I love to play over and over again and actually still LOVE to take the time to do everything and level up all my characters, buy the best items and complete as many of the side quests as I can. The only other games in the series I have ever loved to do that outside of 7 have been 9 and 12. I will say though that 12 has a much better control system for the characters I have experienced.

I found that annoying too, but then just got into the habit of just leveling up a lot so that by the time that part came around my physical attacks were powerful enough on their own and that I had the toughest weapons and protection equipment attatched before that section. Granted it was a bit time consuming, but a heck of a lot less annoying than dying over and over again in that boss fight on top of the mountain. Was worth it though to get Yuffie to join your party, as like Vincent she had some of the coolest limit breaks and attack power if you knew how to use her correctly.

Come to think of it, 7 is still the only one out of the series I love to play over and over again and actually still LOVE to take the time to do everything and level up all my characters, buy the best items and complete as many of the side quests as I can. The only other games in the series I have ever loved to do that outside of 7 have been 9 and 12. I will say though that 12 has a much better control system for the characters I have experienced.

Same here - 7, 9 and 12 are the best imo.

Didn't play any from about 2003 - 2007. Then spent about 170 hrs on FF12 :eek:

swedish fish88

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The thing about 12 that I didn't like was that it was the first ff I ever stayed broke in. Then you gotta buy weapons, armor, magic, then 'learn' how to... put a hat on(what?) or hold a bow, etc.

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The thing about 12 that I didn't like was that it was the first ff I ever stayed broke in. Then you gotta buy weapons, armor, magic, then 'learn' how to... put a hat on(what?) or hold a bow, etc.

I had that problem until I realised I could get more money doing the Hunt side quests and also just going to an area where there were higher level animals or enemies and just basically spend a good hour or so just killing them over and over and thus gaining not only a lot of EXP but also heaps of money in the process too. It may sound tedious, but just grab a bag of snacks, flip on your fave playlist or CD in the stereo, put on your best earphones and just enjoy it.

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Also, another reason I love 12 as much as 7 and 9 is that the AI of your team members was rather good and once you set a certain amount of commands they were good to go and you could remain focused on the battles and not worry about them. The only downside is that I felt that 12 had some of the weakest female characters in a game while 7 and 9 had some of the strongest. Fran was my main concern with 12 with how weak she was overall and I rarely used her.

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
With regards to KH 2 though, is there any news that the KH 2 remix edition will ever see the light of day in Western countries ? I am asking because from what I have heard is that with all the added cut scenes, boss battles and side quests it has been hailed as what KH 2 should have been on it's original release and want to play this so badly.

Autofellatio

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
With regards to KH 2 though, is there any news that the KH 2 remix edition will ever see the light of day in Western countries ? I am asking because from what I have heard is that with all the added cut scenes, boss battles and side quests it has been hailed as what KH 2 should have been on it's original release and want to play this so badly.

KH2 Final Mix is out, but they only sold it in Japan and certain regions of North America for a limited time, I think.

If you can't find it, just ask me - I know of a online games supplier that might be able to help you out. It might cost a bit more than a trip to the game store, but their goods are high quality :biggrin1:

And these are the added features in KH2 Final Mix - SPOILERS!

- Axel/Roxas scene
- Sora/Roxas fight
- Mysterious Knight battle
- KH Chain of Memories given as a second disc in the box

And maybe a few others I don't know of :wink:

I had that problem until I realised I could get more money doing the Hunt side quests and also just going to an area where there were higher level animals or enemies and just basically spend a good hour or so just killing them over and over and thus gaining not only a lot of EXP but also heaps of money in the process too. It may sound tedious, but just grab a bag of snacks, flip on your fave playlist or CD in the stereo, put on your best earphones and just enjoy it.

Yeh me too - i spent ages in that forest place, killing cat things :D

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Holy shit, where has this thread been my entire LPSG life?

I may be the only one who isn't a huge fan of 7 here. The story is great, and pretty much all of the characters are great, but I don't connect or feel the same as most of you do with regards to Cloud. He seemed flat compared to the rest of the awesome characters in 7. To me at least. So that meant I had only two slots to use in regards to picking characters I liked, which happened to be everyone else.

I think the most manly FF main character is Cecil. He was a Dark Knight, which is just a bad ass job by nature. And he has one of the most bad ass adversaries, that being Kain of course.

IX may be the death of awesome main characters. Tidus was a sucker, though I did love blitz ball, and I used him to decimate my opponents. Jecht shot was stupid awesome (Jecht Shot 2 sucked though). Vaan is a pedo's dream. Luckily 12 had Balthier to make up for the suckiness that was Vaan. X-2 had Yuna, just didn't like that game.

What other little "awards" can I come up with. Hmm

Best Cid would of course be FFT Cid. No other Cid can stomp as much ass as him. Though sadly no association with Airships from what I recall. XI's Cid is pretty cool for those of you who play. Bastok's head scientist. But I'm a Bastokar, so I'm biased.

FFT is great, and I'm especially loving the remake on the PSP. Balthier is an optional character in it, and he makes Mustadio so obsolete. His job has basically the best speed growth. Which is great since he has "Plunder" skills, which is bascially steal, but with 10% better rate of stealing, not counting the speed used to give you the ratio. He comes with all 4 of Mustadio's Machinist skills, and one of his own, called Barrage. Which is a 4 hit attack at half power (so double damage), that never misses. I only wish I had someone to play with so I could do the melee or the rendevouz missions, especially since you can get some great weapons and armor that way, including ones that are limited in the single player game. Someday maybe.

For those of you who love the FF music, you should check out The Black Mages if you haven't already. Headed by Nobuo Uematsu, they have 3 albums out. Thier third is my favorite, so if you are going to pick one to try out I'd pick that one.

And since some other RPGs were mention (like Xenogears, love it), I'm going to give a shout out to Legend of Legaia and Legend of Dragoon. Legaia being one of the most underrated RPGs out there I think.

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Holy shit, where has this thread been my entire LPSG life?

I may be the only one who isn't a huge fan of 7 here. The story is great, and pretty much all of the characters are great, but I don't connect or feel the same as most of you do with regards to Cloud. He seemed flat compared to the rest of the awesome characters in 7. To me at least. So that meant I had only two slots to use in regards to picking characters I liked, which happened to be everyone else.

I think the most manly FF main character is Cecil. He was a Dark Knight, which is just a bad ass job by nature. And he has one of the most bad ass adversaries, that being Kain of course.

IX may be the death of awesome main characters. Tidus was a sucker, though I did love blitz ball, and I used him to decimate my opponents. Jecht shot was stupid awesome (Jecht Shot 2 sucked though). Vaan is a pedo's dream. Luckily 12 had Balthier to make up for the suckiness that was Vaan. X-2 had Yuna, just didn't like that game.

What other little "awards" can I come up with. Hmm

Best Cid would of course be FFT Cid. No other Cid can stomp as much ass as him. Though sadly no association with Airships from what I recall. XI's Cid is pretty cool for those of you who play. Bastok's head scientist. But I'm a Bastokar, so I'm biased.

FFT is great, and I'm especially loving the remake on the PSP. Balthier is an optional character in it, and he makes Mustadio so obsolete. His job has basically the best speed growth. Which is great since he has "Plunder" skills, which is bascially steal, but with 10% better rate of stealing, not counting the speed used to give you the ratio. He comes with all 4 of Mustadio's Machinist skills, and one of his own, called Barrage. Which is a 4 hit attack at half power (so double damage), that never misses. I only wish I had someone to play with so I could do the melee or the rendevouz missions, especially since you can get some great weapons and armor that way, including ones that are limited in the single player game. Someday maybe.

For those of you who love the FF music, you should check out The Black Mages if you haven't already. Headed by Nobuo Uematsu, they have 3 albums out. Thier third is my favorite, so if you are going to pick one to try out I'd pick that one.

And since some other RPGs were mention (like Xenogears, love it), I'm going to give a shout out to Legend of Legaia and Legend of Dragoon. Legaia being one of the most underrated RPGs out there I think.

Personally, graphically I thought 10 was really amazing and as a lover of the Quidditch sport in Harry Potter I also liked playing BlitzBall too, but I could just not get into the story or the characters as much as the other FF games I have played. I cannot put my finger as to why as they are well developed and indeed some of the male characters are rather nice to look at lol, but I could just not get into it as much as 7, 9 and 12 for example.

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Personally, graphically I thought 10 was really amazing and as a lover of the Quidditch sport in Harry Potter I also liked playing BlitzBall too, but I could just not get into the story or the characters as much as the other FF games I have played. I cannot put my finger as to why as they are well developed and indeed some of the male characters are rather nice to look at lol, but I could just not get into it as much as 7, 9 and 12 for example.

I agree, I only really liked Auron, Rikku and Lulu a lot. And I definitely didn't like Tidus and especially Wakka. Another thing that bugged me is that they could breath under water, I just thought it was weird. And there is no reason for it what so ever. Also the WEAPON of this game was so easy to beat. I never did take on Nemisis, too much work, but the WEAPON was cake. I didn't have any trouble with the final boss either.

I do like 12 a lot, but I can only seem to play in phases. I thought the gambit system was cool at first but I prefer having more control over all of the characters and it isn't tailored to that to well, possible though. I'm sure I'll pick it up again, but probably not before I finish my FFT game.

And 9 too, It's one of my favorites for sure. I love most of the characters in it. Never really got into Big Red, but the rest were pretty fantastic, and I love the Tantalus crew, Blank and all them. I also enjoyed picking Garnet as her nickname for some laughs. "Garnet! They wont suspect a thing!" Freya was my bread and butter when it came to stomping things, and she is a dragoon, which is my favorite FF job.

TheMarchHare

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
Hell yeah... Final Fantasy is one of the best console series ever in my humble opinion.. along with Legacy of Kain, and Castlevania... those are really good too.

My favorite FF, is FF7.. and any others related to that storyline.

:biggrin1: and, I normally don't find animated/cartoon characters attractive in any way shape or form.. but Sephiroth, Cloud, and Vincent are the exceptions. They're sexy.

*Edit: PS- Zack from the FF7/related series is sexy too... and it's not just cause I love his name. lol

Last edited: