Final G.W. Speech

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Couldn't wait for it to be done, wanting to see Ugly Bettie, and it wasn't on anyway, since when is scrubs on at that time, Grrrrr.

Not interested in anything the shrub has to say. He's persona non grata on my TV.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Exceptional speech. Conciliatory, congratulatory and respectful to Obama...professional and classy...patriotic...and sincere.

Very well done.

I'm ashamed to say I lost track of the time and missed it. I would have liked to have seen the swan song.

As to your post, that's the least he could have done. The very least. But I would have expected nothing less.

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
I thought the speech was gracious and conciliatory also.

Although I do get the sneaky feeling that "W" is now in revisionist mode -- doing his damndest to spin his presidency in the best light possible -- trying to save himself from that merciless judge, History (his legacy).

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I thought the speech was gracious and conciliatory also.

Although I do get the sneaky feeling that "W" is now in revisionist mode -- doing his damndest to spin his presidency in the best light possible -- trying to save himself from that merciless judge, History (his legacy).

I'm glad to hear it.

And I couldn't agree more.

devron

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Bush wasn't a great president. Wasn't even a good president. However, I don't think history is going to be as hard on him as some believe.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Why didn't he open the speech with "now everyone keep your shoes on please!"

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
No one's posted a copy of the speech for those who missed it; a link is here.

I thought the second and third paragraphs were a great opening. Acknowledging both his own daughters and Obama's daughters was a nice touch. I don't think the rest of the address fared as well; it was more of the same old, same old.

On a positive note, I'm cautiously encouraged by the Eric Holder confirmation hearings.